Thread: THE FINAL GUIDE to the Pike and Musket mod

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Default THE FINAL GUIDE to the Pike and Musket mod

This thread will include eventually all the information you will need to play the game.

It is an enormous project - over 1000 new units, dozens of new buildings, over 200 historical heroes for over 60 factions in 6 campaigns and a dozen of historical battles, so you will need some help..

This thread will be used to offer that kind of assistance acting almost as a manual for the mod.

My Regards Cegorach

Default Re: THE FINAL GUIDE to the Pike and Musket mod

PART ONE - THE TECHTREES
    ==========================

Pike and Musket TW offers six different campaigns with numerous different factions which often have their own, unique sets of buildings and structures.

Some of those represent political alliances and entities, some military reforms or colonial exploration - most of them will as before represent various types of buildings necessary to recruit soldiers to expand or defend the empire, but several have a different use altogether.

MILITARY CAMPS
    ===================

Most of soldiers are recruited ONLY in certain areas (called HOMELANDS) of various size from one province to dozens of them and there are only few exceptions to that rule.

One of them is provided by the military camps.

There are only several of such 'buidings' in the major campaigns with several used in the ENGLISH CIVIL WARS and each of them gives a number of adavantages to the faction which can use those.

The main advantage is that at least some units can be recruited though such structures REGARDLESS where the camp is or at least very far away from the original homeland of such unit, but it is not over.

Each camp acts like a watch tower observing neighbouring provinces.

In addition some generate income and allow hiring mercenaries.

Camps are meant to be temporary so each is easy to build (often NO REQUIREMENTS altogether), quick to build and cheap as well.

The final - perhaps most important - advantage is that the soldiers recruited trough a camp CAN BE MIXED with their originals confined to the original homeland.

It is possible thanks to the existence of so called MIRROR UNITS which are virtually identical to their twin brothers, but can have different recruitment zones, building requirements and not only... More in the unit section.

Their flaws are less numerous, but still exist - namely:

- each camp is a unique structure - so if it is build somewhere no other can be build elsewhere,

- construction of several camps in one place has no purpose, gives no advantage and is a waste of time and cash,

- number of units available through the camps is limited to one-two, but there are exceptions to this rule,

- number of camps available in each campaign is different,

- only some factions have the access, usually those with any links to nomads with the peak reached by the Crimean Tartars who ALWAYS have most of those if not all at all.

THIS picture shows all the camp structures available in the major campaigns and the factions which have access to them.

ECW will be dealt with in a separate post altogether.

===========================================================================
    TELL WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE FORM OF THIS GUIDE - is it good enough ? Use the main thread for that purpose.

I will change the form if necessary, but I find that clear enough - not everything will be eaxplained right now and the guide will not show everything too - just enough , not too much, but not too little. ;)
    Last edited by cegorach; 02-18-2008 at 11:39.

Default Re: THE FINAL GUIDE to the Pike and Musket mod

As I find the lack of response (except one) I will see this as lack of opposition to the form of the guide.

For this reason I will continue with the guide starting with this post.

PLACEHOLDER FOR another building tree called COLONIAL STRUCTURES