Thread: Clan Community Shield finished

Default Clan Community Shield finished

Clan Community Shield - biggest TW tournament of last year, has been finished today. Hussars and Sacred Company met into final - best of about 20 clans who took part. Hussars won 4 - 2 and they are being given the shield.

Tourney formula;
    4 leagues with about 6 clans each, winners are playing semi finals and final.
    Only clans are allowed to play and we are playing 3vs3.

Tourney confirmed domination of polish clan into last year - both finalist came from Poland.

More information at http:\\clancommunityshield.net
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Default Re: Clan Community Shield finished

i thought the tourney stalled out in june or july of last year. didn't know it was still going on...

At times it got a little to slow in the way of progress, but at no point did it stall completely.
    Congrats Hussars.

Auspicious Interceptor Member YellowMelon's Avatar

Tag32 and Silent Assassins both had to withdraw from this tournament despite owning pretty hard. Polish domination...rather clans that didn't get bored of this game in the monstrously long process.

Hussars deserve the honour, they played admirably. I see Krook still takes credit for other clans' achievements.
    Last edited by YellowMelon; 02-12-2008 at 00:40.

Yellow Melon - just shut up. Your clan haven't done anything good into this tourney. If I mention it well, after meeting us into twpl you quit competition (too tired of loosing). Mine clan passed to final and earlier won its league (after most dramatic TW tourney game EVER). Games with Hussars had level so high that you will never achieve it. So shut up.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Actually we never lost a match in CCS, in fact we drew vs you. Hussars are indeed the most dominant clan, and Spy has shown himself to be the most dominant player, but I am tired of you using this to raise yourself for sharing a nationality. And we withdrew from TWPL because we were not satisfied with the management of the tournament, not because we were afraid of you.
    Last edited by YellowMelon; 02-12-2008 at 22:37.

Krook it's a game, its meant to be fun. And because polish clans are dominating the game for a while now (yes they are) doesn't decrease the rate of unemployment in poland. National pride over a video game? wow.

On a side note its also been over a year since the CCS began, and has become quite the portal of MP activity. GJ Den and Naiver :)

i doubt it was the most dramatic game in tw history.. there's many games before the ccs, and many games before even rome, that would be in the running for that honor. probably impossible to nail down just one as it's too subjective.

what ccs was able to do imo, was focus the competitive portion of the mp community, at a time when we saw the last great exodus of old time clans and players. definitely picked up the torch.

Here here, Goat ;)

Imagine 3vs3 when in the end remain only ... 1 men. When 24 cavarlymen into 6 units rout 150 infantrymen not because of charges but because of good tactic.
    I have never expected something like that - never since shogun.

Were you in tears Krook? Honestly?

After that battle when 1 man last? Yes I were.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowMelon
    And we withdrew from TWPL because we were not satisfied with the management of the tournament, not because we were afraid of you.
    What about the management were you dissatisfied about?

Quote Originally Posted by KrooK
    After that battle when 1 man last? Yes I were.
    Another sign that shows morale is high or morale penalties are low in M2TW.

When most units fight until last man, then something is wrong there. Too many battles have gone this way in M2TW.

I'm with t1 regarding dramatic games and CCS keeping community alive.

Regards.

"The game [M2TW] is actually more balanced than rock/paper/scissor. Combinations that work: rock vs rock - paper vs paper - scissor vs scissor.
    A new frontier that wipes off a bunch of old concepts"
    - Machiavelli69

"Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

Remember guys we are also running CCS RTW and Retrofit Tourneys both 3v3 Format 16 clan Knockout. Round One is up for both Tournaments and it should be alot of fun for all involved.

Basically my clan became fed up with it taking weeks to finish matches and no consequences for clans who didn't attempt to arrange matches. This isn't exclusive to just your tourney, Kronos, it has more to do with the pace the community has set which requires a month or more to complete one match. In fact the CWB did the same BS by allowing a clan to post over a month after the match thread opened, and still have it valid. But anyways we should get