Page 1 of 95 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Thread

Default Trump Thread

Original Thread title: Rising to Greatness Again or America's Sicily Moment?

Good luck my Southern friends :)
    My vote:

melodrama:

Last edited by Beskar; 01-24-2017 at 17:51.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Member thankful for this post:

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Default Re: Rising to Greatness Again or America's Sicily Moment?

You spelled SILLY wrong. If you are going to toss about your intellectual, maple-tainted sarcasm the least you can do is get the spelling corect.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Members thankful for this post (8):

+ Show/Hide List

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump View Post
    You spelled SILLY wrong. If you are going to toss about your intellectual, maple-tainted sarcasm the least you can do is get the spelling corect.
    [SF writes down "maple-tainted" to use later. Smiles a rather "Snively Whiplash" sort of smile.]
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

You never called
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    You never called
    Don't give me that crap. I offered to shirtless-broSkype with you so many times but always an excuse. I WANT MY BOOK BACK

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Don't give me that crap. I offered to shirtless-broSkype with you so many times but always an excuse. I WANT MY BOOK BACK
    I DONT KNOW WHERE THE BOOK IS, IM SORRY. IT MAY BE IN STORAGE. I WAS TOO EMBRASSED TO SAY ANYTHING.

FORGIVE ME.

:(
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 01-23-2017 at 03:59.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Well that turned down south quickly. From... uhm... what's this thread about... to shirtless bro Skyping.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

So, all we needed for some of the Old Guard to check back was Trump winning the election.

Blog Entries

He's been in power three days and he's allready making the org great again.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Well that turned down south quickly. From... uhm... what's this thread about... to shirtless bro Skyping.
    "down South?"

As a resident of the southernmost of the continental United States, I mis-admire your use of that phrase as belittling of the nobility of the Southlands.

Moreover, even the Spartans thought it seemly to have a younger man, rippled from his noble efforts at the gymnasium and enlightened by his studies of philosophy and the law, taken "under the wing" of an older veteran to ensure the proper development of his manliness. How can you think less of this?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    So, all we needed for some of the Old Guard to check back was Trump winning the election.
    To be fair to MRD, I actually use this site to gauge some of the sensibilities of those of you folks "cross the pond." It isn't reported upon here with much depth in the mainstream media.

Thank you Seamus for getting the thread somewhat back on the rails :)
    Particularly since, "Sicily Moment" refers to Athens fatal error of sending the fleet to loot Sicily during the winter "downtime", and before the resumption of Spartan hostilities in campaign season.
    The price of pride and greed was to lose Athens; it would rise again...but..
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    Thank you Seamus for getting the thread somewhat back on the rails :)
    Particularly since, "Sicily Moment" refers to Athens fatal error of sending the fleet to loot Sicily during the winter "downtime", and before the resumption of Spartan hostilities in campaign season.
    The price of pride and greed was to lose Athens; it would rise again...but..
    The Peleponnesian War always seemed such a disconnected sort of affair. As though the whole thing happened in fits and starts without any strategic plan by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    The Peleponnesian War always seemed such a disconnected sort of affair. As though the whole thing happened in fits and starts without any strategic plan by anyone.
    Well, it did involve many leading figures over several decades. There's no one "administration" to point to.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

That seems an accurate assessment.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

I admit my study of it is not thorough; outside of Thucydides book I know very little; but the Sicilian expedition marks a turning point.
    My proposition is that Trump also marks a turning point.

I would go so far as to call Trump "Americas' Pivot Man"
    Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 01-24-2017 at 07:10.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Default President Trump's Reign

A thread for posting about Trump's progress, announcements, policy decisions, and controversies.

Day one: the day of national devotion.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Default Re: President Trump's Reign

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-let-the-hunger-games-begin-Melania-Trump-meme.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	19407
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

U.S. Presidents do not "reign." Some of them haven't even presided all that well.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    I admit my study of it is not thorough; outside of Thucydides book I know very little; but the Sicilian expedition marks a turning point.
    My proposition is that Trump also marks a turning point.

I would go so far as to call Trump "Americas' Pivot Man"
    I've thought of it as Athens' Barbarossa: needlessly restarting and expanding the war when they had achieved an advantageous peace from the previous bout of campaigning.

I think that may have been the joke

U.S. Presidents do not "reign." Some of them haven't even presided all that well.
    I'm not sure Trump knows that given his rhetoric and behavior.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Trump thread merged with other Trump thread. He is not important enough for two.

Renamed it to make it more obvious.
    Last edited by Beskar; 01-24-2017 at 17:52.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I'm not sure Trump knows that given his rhetoric and behavior.
    He's just used to being "The Boss." Right now, it is all confirmations while his party (more or less his anyway) holds the majority and executive orders. He has NOT faced Washington gridlock or a true crisis. We will not know his mettle for a while yet, and his "I am an executive" approach will work fine for this easy part. The rest remains to be seen.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

He's just used to being "The Boss." Right now, it is all confirmations while his party (more or less his anyway) holds the majority and executive orders. He has NOT faced Washington gridlock or a true crisis. We will not know his mettle for a while yet, and his "I am an executive" approach will work fine for this easy part. The rest remains to be seen.
    What happened the last time the same party held the majority in all branches of government? I'm not too familiar with the details of US politics, but it's my impression that the system was designed to have contrary and competing opinions in different branches.

That sounds a lot like a king/son of a nobleman.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

I don't think we are going to see a change in behavior, because Trump doesn't know any other way to act.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    I don't think we are going to see a change in behavior, because Trump doesn't know any other way to act.
    We don't know that.

Obama had zero executive experience before he became President but relatively few people seemed worried about that.

People just don't like Trump.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

I came back because I got an email. I didn't even know there was an election, I missed my own birthday and I forgot Christmas because the Philippines is awesome

Husar 

Page 1 of 95 123451151 ... LastLast