Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Thread

Default Re: Trump Thread

In some ways this whole Russia smoke seems to distract people from really scary details like Jeff Sessions being a racist and that Stephen Miller, the fascist minion who said the emperor is not to be questioned, worked as Session's aide and they both got chosen by Trump, who promised to choose "the best people".

Which should really make one wonder about the intentions of someone who thinks these are the best people...
    Russians don't even need to enter the equation to see a problem there.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Member thankful for this post:

Brenus 

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Actually...

Attachment 19519
    Is this valid about Flynn as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Blog Entries

Indeed, which is why flynn wasnt let go for it, but for making pence look like a fool through not giving him the full picture before pence went to bat for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Bogus is stuff like this: http://www.eater.com/2017/2/28/14753...up-personality

It's a bit like saying you're a terrible person because you try not to get Ebola instead of embracing the new experience.
    No, bogus is turning this:

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people. "

Into this:
    Drug dealers, criminals, rapists': What Trump thinks of Mexicans - BBC
    He referred to Mexicans as “rapists,” -Washington Post
    Mr. Trump’s claim that illegal Mexican immigrants are “rapists,” -LA Times

As for his lies being unimportant, now that is also bogus since he uses these lies to justify his retarded policies. He lies about Mexicans and then builds a wall, he makes a bullshit point about islamic countries and then bans their citizens from entering the US. He makes bogus claims about the economy in an attempt to gather more support and so on and on.
    Many of his scandalous about mexicans and muslim comments have been either proven a cassandra truth or a couple of repeat offending media outlets spinning it to make him sound worse than he is. See the sweden debacle for a prime example of both; the media claimed he was making up an attack when he was referring to an interview on sweden that aired the night before, and sweden isnt the multicultural paradise his detractors ended up eating crow over claiming in response.

Might I suggest getting your news from the entire political spectrum instead of just left wing ones?
    Not to forget his bogus claim of draining the swamp and being there for every American, and then he greenlights two pipelines without any further consideration while several agencies like the EPA are basically shut down "until further consideration" or however it was justified.
    He's so deep in the swamp, he can't even reach his bootstraps anymore. And it's certainly not small stuff noone cares about.
    A declaration of failure at draining the swamp 2 months in is premature and reeks of losers spite. Such assessments are to be saved for the end of his tenure not the first few months, for the last days are where every previous effort at swamp draining has been taken back during the previous admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka_Khan View Post
    It was the erosion from severe rainfall, climate change denier.
    Not sure if this is is a joking or serious accusation.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 03-04-2017 at 15:27.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Indeed, which is why flynn wasnt let go for it, but for making pence look like a fool through not giving him the full picture before pence went to bat for him.
    I meant did Flynn surreptitiously confer with such a number of different overseas politicians as well?

No, bogus is turning this:

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people. "

Into this:
    Drug dealers, criminals, rapists': What Trump thinks of Mexicans - BBC
    He referred to Mexicans as “rapists,” -Washington Post
    Mr. Trump’s claim that illegal Mexican immigrants are “rapists,” -LA Times
    No, that's not bogus, it is partially exaggerated. You even quote his exact sentence: "They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists."
    The context of "And some, I assume, are good people." does not make it better, it makes it worse, because he's implying a majority of them are criminals.
    The claim that he speaks to border guards as "evidence" from a notorious liar is just terrible and about as reliable as the claim that he is a Russian puppet. So basically, according to your own standard of proof, everybody who believes him is an idiot.

Most of his scandals about mexicans and muslim comments have been either proven as a cassandra truth or a couple of repeat offending media outlets twisting what he said. See the sweden debacle for a prime example of both; the media claimed he was making up an attack when he was referring to an interview on sweden that aired the night before, and sweden isnt the multicultural paradise his detractors ended up eating crow over claiming in response.

Might I suggest getting your news from the entire political spectrum instead of just left wing ones?
    First of all the Sweden thing is also partially bogus. Not to say Sweden doesn't have problems with immigrants, but the impact often appears to be highly exaggerated and sensationalized by right wing media. As for where people get their news from, maybe you should stop reading right-wing fake news and listening to crazy libertarian metalhead fascists? I've seen their articles and watched their videos and I do not get my news from them because they're full of shit and far more biased than any of the media bias you came up with above.
    I don't need fascist ********* who tell me what to believe and how to feel like a superior "winner".

I prefer my news from somewhat neutral sources, mostly German ones, that I can sometimes only find "left wing" sources in English to link to here is a problem with your culture (or your interpretation, or the fact right wing sources ignore things), not mine.

As for Trump being right about Mexicans or Muslims, provide an example because I'm not aware of one.

A declaration of failure at draining the swamp 2 months in is premature and reeks of losers spite. Such assessments are to be saved for the end of his tenure not the first few months, for the last days are where every previous effort at swamp draining has been taken back during the previous admins.

Not sure if this is is a joking or serious accusation.
    Not sure whether you are merely unaware of his cabinet choices and the contexts or whether you just prefer to ignore them. If I wait until the end of his term to rate the direction he is going in, it could already be too late, that's idiocy. And if you think his cabinet choices are fine, how do you judge him and his advisors talking about his daughter's business, her using official meetings to make photos for advertisement campaigns for her private business, or him talking to the President of Turkey about his Turkish business partners? If it looks like a glibbery swamp monster, talks like a glibbery swamp monster and walks like a glibbery swamp monster, and all of its friends are glibbery swamp monsters, then it can pay off to be rather cautious about its claims that it wants to drain the swamp...
    Last edited by Husar; 03-04-2017 at 16:14.

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    I meant did Flynn surreptitiously confer with such a number of different overseas politicians as well?
    Probably, because Paul Ryan said:

"With respect to Michael Flynn talking to other governments during the transition: That's his job. That's what he is supposed to be doing. It is entirely appropriate, it is actually the job description, to talk to other nations, to ambassadors, to start beginning relationships. That is very much appropriate," Ryan said.
    This is also illustrating how flawed it is to rely on various comedy/late night shows to digest the news for you, which I see a lot of people doing. They don't have deep enough understanding of politics and their primary function is to entertain.

Even serious news organizations are starting to rely on questionable sources, and news are getting published with less and less expert scrutiny beforehand.
    Last edited by Sarmatian; 03-05-2017 at 12:34.

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

Even serious news organizations are starting to rely on questionable sources, and news are getting published with less and less expert scrutiny beforehand.
    Social media and new journalism schools for you: The Buzz, speed and conformism.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

But in the end all that does is blame the consumer since the news organizations try to do what increases their ad revenue or sales or whatever makes them more money. In other words, they only react to what the users want. If they uphold journalistic standards and go down because only five people read their articles, that doesn't help anyone either.

Now we can go further and ask ourselves why many/most people don't take the time to read well-researched articles...

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Russians recently said that their propaganda wing has updated from the Soviet era where they tried to argue logically that their way was right (and generally failed). Now they try just to drown the airways with noise as most of the time people loose sight of what is in fact true amongst everything else.

Trump also appears to be using the same playbook.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

'blades:

The US media has done this kind of reporting with every GOP Presidential nominee or President since Goldwater (I should note that they hammered Johnson and Carter pretty hard at times too). It is an established norm of US political life. GOP folks get to score a few points with their core constituencies by bashing the media from time to time (Trump is just doing it a little more forcefully than most).

FOX is nearly as bad in their treatment of non-GOP types (fair and balanced stops when the business news shows end in the late afternoon). US talk radio programs are almost ubiquitously hard-right and some are darned-near rabid in their anti liberal (USA definition) stance.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

The "distraction game" had another curve-ball recently.
    Obama wire-tapping Trump! Whoa!!! IF TRUE this could be bigger than Watergate!
    Trump provided no evidence of his Twitter claim, no one seems to have seen any evidence but IF TRUE we may see a retroactive impeachment!!! (I mean, why not if we're just making stuff up)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN16D21T
    Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 03-07-2017 at 00:32.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

At least Trump is "righting the ship" and sailing America on its traditional course.
    Immigration bans are a proud tradition in America and here we go again

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...igration-bans/

The tradition is almost as old as America itself, and usually follows a "Moral Panic" (They are coming for our jerbs, or wemen, and stuff!; They are different, they have drugs, they are low-lifes...etc.)
    As usual, the data that backs up these panics is either non-existent, fabricated, or false.
    Of course its not just America, its a game all the world plays at some point in time; Why do we fall for it?

http://www.cafeconlecherepublicans.c...l-moral-panic/
    Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 03-07-2017 at 02:39.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Immigration never really stops. We go through periods where the numbers are very low and we are relatively selective. This usually follows a stretch where we have a lot of immigration in a short time frame and we need to assimilate the wave. At least that is how it has been.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Blog Entries

I'll get to husar when I find the time.

They ever figure out who toppled the tombstones?

Im going to refrain from comment untill then, not going to set myself up for embarrassment should the suspected perps turn out to be the exact ones to make me look like an idiot.

Edit: oh these are new ones, not yet it seems.
    Turns out I was right not to comment but, funnily enough, it turns out husar shouldnt have commented either. As Shaka khan mentioned: this time it it was the weather:

Headstones were found toppled in Brooklyn’s Washington Cemetery on Sunday morning. Early reports characterized the incident as a 'possible hate crime' however the cemetery director confirmed to The Jerusalem Post that the tombstones in question had long been deteriorating and some had toppled over years ago.

In other News they found the guy behind some of the bomb threats; it wasnt the KKK or the Islamic State, no, it was allegedly a false flagger:

A former journalist has been charged with being behind a wave of hoax bomb threats against Jewish organisations that led to fears of a rise in anti-Semitism across the United States.

Juan Thompson, 31, was arrested in St. Louis, Missouri as part of an investigation into more than 100 threats made by phone and email since January to Jewish community centres, schools, and child care facilities in three dozen states.

Until last year Thompson, was employed by The Intercept, a campaigning news website where one of the editors is Glenn Greenwald, the journalist who revealed classified documents disclosed by Edward Snowden.

In a statement The Intercept said it was "horrified" by Thompson's actions, and that he was fired last year for making up sources and quotes. It added: "These actions are heinous and should be fully investigated and prosecuted."

Prosecutors charged Thompson with cyberstalking in relation to eight threats, and it was not clear whether they believed he was responsible for scores more.

It was alleged that Thompson carried out the fear campaign with the intention of blaming it on a girlfriend who had ended their relationship last summer.

He made up an email address to make it seem like the woman was sending the threats, prosecutors said.

In one message he said the woman "hates Jewish people" and wanted to "kill as many Jews asap".
    And for the kicker, this was the fellow:

Last edited by Greyblades; 03-07-2017 at 04:23.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Turns out I was right not to comment but, funnily enough, it turns out husar shouldnt have commented either.
    That's like, your opinion. Without commenting on it here I might have never found out what actually happened since I don't scour US news for the latest updates every day. And then you should not forget that it was apparently not the only incident:
    I'll go out on a limb here and say this was not the weather at least: http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Chicag...-attack-480598
    What's more interesting is this: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...t-why-n2294553
    Although his question why there was no reporting under Obama seems a bit weird given that his own numbers talk of a continuing decline, there'd have to be actual data for 2017 to see whether there is actually a considerable uptick now.

And for the kicker, this was the fellow:
    What exactly is the kicker here?

What exactly is the kicker here?
    Why would you even bother asking. We all know at this point.

Continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
    Why would you even bother asking. We all know at this point.

Continue.
    Well, it would be rather weird for Greyblades to try and absolve his political movement of anti-semitism by making a clearly racist argument for what seems like no good reason at all.
    Obviously he will now say that we're the racists for thinking about racism first and he posted the picture because the guy is clearly wearing his shirt and pullover in traditional British style, pointing out how terrible British culture is.

Probably, because Paul Ryan said:

This is also illustrating how flawed it is to rely on various comedy/late night shows to digest the news for you, which I see a lot of people doing. They don't have deep enough understanding of politics and their primary function is to entertain.

The key word in my post was "surreptitiously", that is without notifying the boss. Evidently this very fact (and not that the talks did take place) was what got the Americans' hackles up.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Well, it would be rather weird for Greyblades to try and absolve his political movement of anti-semitism by making a clearly racist argument for what seems like no good reason at all.
    Obviously he will now say that we're the racists for thinking about racism first and he posted the picture because the guy is clearly wearing his shirt and pullover in traditional British style, pointing out how terrible British culture is.
    His political movement?

I *think* the kicker is that we would all have assumed it was White Supremacists or Islamists, and that guy looks like neither.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Blog Entries

Exactly, a hate crime is in all the news, one side says radical islamist, another says nazi thugs, and all along its some ex journalist with a grudge against a former lover who seems to be the epitome of the middle class african american.

It coupd only be more absurdly out of left field if it turned out he was a Buddhist.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 03-07-2017 at 16:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    His political movement?
    I think they go by the name "Hydra" and Trump appears to be a leading figure.

As for the rest, I may have slightly misinterpreted Greyblades post, but since you always defend people for not getting my humor without smileys of explanations, you will probably understand how merely posting a picture can easily lead to misunderstandings.

On the topic of pictures, the one in your signature seems to be broken.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Wikileaks is Russian propaganda. I will never be truly happy until Snowden is tried and imprisoned for his crimes.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 03-08-2017 at 06:41. Reason: Blood pressure
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Wikileaks is Russian propaganda. I will never be truly happy until Snowden is tried and hung for his crimes.
    Not gonna happen. He hasn't done anything warranting death in the jurisdictions in which he is accused of some crime. Mind you, if he is guilty as charged, a prolonged "reborative" stay in a penal institution would be quite appropriate.

I was not aware of a link between Snowden and Wikileaks, other than sometimes-overlapping interests and ideology.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Think of my posts like you would a Trump tweet. So meaningless, people end up being convinced they are deep. Like looking at a glass of tap water and convincing yourself it's the Pacific.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Should have been written in crayon.

Link
    If House Republicans' recently introduced American Health Care Act doesn't work out, Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas) has another proposal in the works that he seems pretty darn confident about. The bill, introduced March 1, is modestly titled, "World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017."
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (4):

American Health Care reminds me of some third-world famines.

Oh sure, we could feed you, but really...there's no money in that.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

And yet, as a nation you spend more on healthcare than anywhere else - with significantly poorer outcomes. The $750bn health insurance business is a leech sucking out money in exchange for inefficiently managing health provision.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Well, the new Republican healthcare bill will apparently fix all the problems wealthy people had with the healthcare system.

Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast