Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Court of the Caliph: BC Hotseat Council Thread

Post Re: Court of the Caliph: BC Hotseat Council Thread

The heavy Ayyubid ambassador stands up amidst the noisy background of outcries resulting from the words of the Vizier:

I... I... truly these are bold comment from the Caliph... I ... have not been instructed on how to answer such a...

I...

I must communicate with my Sultan at once. I do not know how our religious leaders would react to a call for Jihad by the Abbassids. Our people and our Sultan greatly respect the Caliph...

Crusaders, Romans, you must do everything in your power to prevent such a call for Jihad. Should one be called, I do not know how our Imams would react...

A messenger crawls inside the loud room, presenting a document to the Ayyubid ambassador. The large ambassador looks shocked by its content. There are instructions from his Sultan, instructions he never imagined he would be reading.

I... must discuss important matters with my diplomatic staff.

The Ayyubid ambassador leaves with his retinue in haste. Surely, the content of the message must have been of critical matter...

The longest lasting leper ever Member rossahh's Avatar

Default Re: Court of the Caliph: BC Hotseat Council Thread

The Emissary struggles against the powerful grips of the guards. A trio of guards attempts to drag the Emissary from the court. The Emissary spits at the guards, and cries "Unhand me you heathen devils!" He begins to thrash about wildly kicking out. Despite several hits to some shins, the guards still drag the man towards the doors. However, at the threshold of the court one particularly vicious kick by the Emissary hits one of the guards in a tender location with a sickening whack. The man gives a whelp in sudden and intense pain and crumples to the floor as everyone in the court winces in shared pain. The poor guard rolls about, moaning silently, as the other two guards hastily let go of the Emissary's arms. Adjusting his ruffled robes, the Emissary turns and addresses the court:

So the "Peace Maker" shows us all how peaceful he can be. I also see how ignorant of history he is. It was the ancestors of the Lating Kingdom of Jerusalem, the Franks, who stopped the Muslim expansion into to Europe. Since that time the Ummayad Caliphate has fragmented and broken into ENTIRELY separate entities, with no link to each other save your common religion. Indeed, your own Abassid Caliphate (now called "The Caliphate") was first formed when the Arabs seized control of Baghdad and Persia, and then cleansed and made anew when the Turks began their march westwards. It is their decendants (of the Turks), not yours, that reside in the lands you claim.

And yet you have decided to come and break yourselves against walls. We reject your terms, and will defend our lands to our fullest capacity. You will find our armies more than a match for your son's and your Seljuk cronies' armies that now threaten our lands, and whatever else you decide to send against us.

The Emissary is interrupted by a loud groan from the downed guard behind him. The man is groggily picking himself up off the floor. Still recovering from the blow he has suffered.

I now address the Sultans of the other Muslim nations. The Caliph desires only land, wealth and power for himself and for himself alone. What he does he does not do in the name of God or Islam, but in the name of greed and spite. The Seljuk Turks already support him (ooc: there is a Seljuk army outside of Edessa - a long way from home don't you think?) in his avarious quest, but for the moment Jerusalem has no other quarrel with anyone else. This Jihad is about power - for the Caliph, not God. Are you devils of greed, spite and hate - or are you men of peace?

The Emissary bows to the court, and then turns around to leave. The two standing guards tank flanking positions instead of dragging the man out. The third guard is still hunched over slightly. As the Emissary passes him, he gives him another almighty kick in the nether-region. The guard utters no word what-so-ever but collapses in an unmoving heap on the floor. As the Emissary and guards depart, a small boy runs past them, hurdling over the crumpled mess of the third guard, and sits in the former chair-of-Jerusalem. A pigeon is perched on his shoulder, ready to bear any message the diplomats have for the King.
    "Okay, here come the cavalry, get your swords out lads!" - the Captain details his orders to the pikemen

Saruman the Wise Member deguerra's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia (but born and bred in Germany)

From a corner of the room where nobody had glanced in a while, the Omani ambassador stands, shakes the dust from his robe and begins to speak

As the emissary of Jerusalem so kindly informs us, it was his ancestors that halted the expansion of the Moors in Europe, reclaiming from them those lands they considered rightfully Christian. Does it not seem right then, to all fair-minded men, that we should now reclaim such lands in our world as we consider rightfully Muslim.

Anatolia and the Levant have been, for centuries, melting-grounds of civilizations, ideas, beliefs and cultures, not unlike Muslim Al-Andalus in faraway Spain. Yet just like the Christian monarchs claim their right to rule their lands, so do we claim the right to rule ours.

Regarding the Levant, the Latin presence there is unjustified, as pilgrims of all nations and beliefs made their journeys there, unmolested by their Muslim rulers. Only now that a Christian King rules in Jerusalem do we hear tales of pilgrims needing protecting. Your initial goals may have been noble, but save for few individuals, the splendor and richness of our lands has corrupted your souls. It cannot be allowed to stand.

Anatolia, too, is a land that has suffered much at the hands of pointless aggression. I will not challenge that Rome once ruled there, but Rome also once ruled in Spain, yet would find itself unwelcome to do so now, I imagine. Likewise its anachronistic and tentative at best hold over Anatolia should cease. Muslim rulers hold a better title to those lands, Muslims form a greater part of its population and it is our duty to return them to Islam.

On behalf of Murshed, Great Imam of the Ibadi faith, spiritual and worldly ruler of Arabia and protector of the most holy cities of Mecca and Medina, I hereby declare our support of the Caliph's ultimatum and possible Jihad.
    Saruman the White
    Chief of the White Council, Lord of Isengard, Protector of Dunland

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

The Caliph rises, his ceremonial armour glinting wickedly in the sunlight. At his side is an ornate scimitar with an onyz pommel and engraved scabbard. He is flanked on his right by Az-Zahir, the Crown Prince, and on his left a hulking ghulam bears a hooded falcon. He addresses the court.

Dignitaries, ambassadors and emissaries of all nations, the Caliph An-Nasir, li-din Allah, Peacemaker, Defender of the Faith and Prince of the Two Seas now calls upon the faithful to listen.

I have this day received word that the Kings of the West have rejected the righteous demand of Allah that the lands of the faithful should not be ruled over by the infidel.

It is of little surprise to me that they have once again chosen to seize the sharp blade and bitter lance over the proffered olive branch. Their infamy will be remembered by the ummah, but only in the teachings of historians!

For the Caliph of Islam, descendant of the Prophet, now calls upon all the imams of the faithful - of the Sunni, the Shiia and the mystic Ibadi - to echo and support his call for a most fierce and holy jihad against these infidel kings and their impious armies!

Let the call ring out in the song of every muezzin, and let the prayers of the ummah be lit up by the flame of righteous holy war!

The Caliph will lead the armies of Islam against the oppressor, and drive their decadent nations into the sea!
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

A pigeon flies into the room and drops a letter and small package next to the boy, who hands to bundle to one of the court aides. The aide reads aloud the letter:

Cuckhold An-Nasir and his Sweljuk Concubine,

Your "righteous" offer for all that our people have toiled for over the last 100 years in exchange for absolutely nothing was rejected. If you want our lands then you must take them by force. However, being the cowardly spawn of prostitutes that you are you seem reluctant to begin your attack until you outnumber us least 100-1. Already the Sweljuk harpies outnumber our nothern garrisons 10-1, yet they do not attack. Obviously they are afraid to do so without the Caliph's whip on their backside, spurring them on. Once again we are reminded that eastern muslims are not men, they are hairy women instead.

The King has enclosed a package with this letter, fresh from his table. This gift is a symbol of Jerusalem's defiance and rejection of your ridiculous offer, and we most humbly ask that you stick it some place the sun does not shine. When you are through talking about your sudden loss of manhood, come and seek us out on the field of battle.

Oliver de Picard
    Northern Commander

The aide unwraps the package. The whole court gasps as the bloodied and diseased middle finger of King Baldwin is revealed. The aide drops the finger in panic and runs out of the court, wiping his hands and chanting to Allah. The finger rolls across the floor, coming to a stop at the base of the throne.
    "Okay, here come the cavalry, get your swords out lads!" - the Captain details his orders to the pikemen

The Roman Diplomat would be very very confused though, He would not act so hostile towards the Caliphs guards, but tried to have the guards lead him, not drag him. He would write the letter out to the Newly Emperor Nevoulos, Who was now stationed at Konstantinople from another Sucessful Battle from the Russian Front, and here he would travel for some time to the Bahgdad with 48 heavy armored body guards, for the first time, see the Caliph in his own eyes, and the leaders of the Eastern World, which he knew non about from real experience, Only from the Universities that he attended to.[

"Men of the Noble Caliph's Council, I... Prince, no... Emperor Nevoulos, Has come in blood to settle this for his people, I wish to discuss this with the Eastern Powers... "

He tried to stand tall, though, He was Intimidated by the leaders, Due to just entering as "Emperor" but still tried to be brave.

"We have not conquered these lands from the turks, The Turks, Their leader, Their government still runs, but is just under our protection, We did this to save their lives from the Crusaders. Unless if their former government says other wise, We are protecting the Turkish people, as How the your noble forces are protecting now Georgia, Though, They were disctintivly different. One is that the Turks gave their remaining powers to an ally that they had who stayed decided to say neutral, though, the conflict demanded us to turn against them. This being said, We are bound to protect them until their former Sultan or leaders, say other wise. Yours was a conquest, and they surrended, That is how the world goes. We are still wanting to remain neutral in this cause, We Refuse to be considered the same group of Religion as the Crusaders are. We... HATE... the pope, The pope is a basphemy at best! That man Lies about being a prophit, How can a group of old men decide who is going to be god's chosen one!? No, The Gods choose of what they will! Who sends thousands of men on a "Holy Mission" and destroy a non defended country of simply Muslims. Though, The Roman Empire would see it would be very fair to give up the Muslim populated lands in Turks if the Turkish Government agreed to this, But we refuse to give up any parts of Armenia, Our old lands, Or the Russian Steppes. "

He would look around the room, trying to see if any one following him, and in his mind, it did, so he continued.

"We have asked over and over for the Alliance between our people, but so often you have refused. We only wish to have peace from what the Turks gave in for. They gave in to the Roman Empire to escape the "Holy Cross" and surely their deaths. Though I am very Naive about this, I can believe in what the Turkish People wanted. The Noble Caliph maybe should thank the Roman Empire to step in before the "Holy Cross" came in, and maybe of wiped them from the very face of this earth!"

He would then raise a fist to his face, and shake it in fury.

"We also act like Men! and Refuse to Insult men that have not Insulted us first, The Franks have been always known for that, As the Roman Empire is now thrashed by the Franks, By the West, Venice and Hugarian Pigs try to plunder our settlements. Saying it is so just because we denounce the Heritic that is on the so called "God's Chair." The Denounced one should have never come to these Holy Lands, as look what it does! It Kills! It Spews Endless Wars upon every living person who breaths in this so called "Holy Lands" These lands are Indeed Holy, But does it require the "Pope" to send merciless Pigs and Kill innocent Men, Women, Children, Old men!? Just Because of their Religion!? As I wanted to Rid of Jerusalem, Due to I knew of this problem! Though, Being threatend to be invaded by Crusaders on a "Holy Mission" ment by keeping Jerusalem!? The Eastern world has attempted to Abolish the will of this "Pope." The People of these lands do not want this "Pope" to effect their daily lives with his Senseless DEMANDS. I am not a Muslim, though, We do have a similar mind, a Similar goal, That is to NEVER bow down to the "Pope" the fake of god's child should have been beheade--...."

He would then stop, Knowing that he was saying too much of what he thought, and lowered his head.

"We do not wish for war, I wish for the Caliph to please listen to me! and maybe we can change the ideas of this. Our Empire has seen through the hardships of many, through a thousand years. Our empire once controled most of the known world, but then lost it, loosing it's grip upon it's areas of conquest, Our Ideas are through all of you! We are all bound in some way or form! As the sons of one of the oldest and greatest empires on this earth, This is how we re-act? We respect the Caliph, as he has done many things, and in over all, granted peace for the Romans in this very short time, We though, Wish to make a different plan or deal with the Caliph, One that would give them the satisfaction. Though, The Caliph himself would have to think of this. We leave the Response to you, Noble Caliph."

He would then stand, awaiting his reply.. or any ones.
    Last edited by Merlox123; 10-20-2008 at 01:35.

The Heavy Ayyubid ambassador returns to the court just in time to hear the Caliph's call for a Djihad.

Ambassadors, hear the words of the Great Salahuddin.

The age of Islam has come. The call for a Djihad by the Abbassids will be answered by the Ayyubids.

We cannot stay neutral yet again. We must choose a side.

We choose the side of Allah.

We urge our neighbors to surrender their lands and avoid a bloodshed.

Salahuddin's armies are marching.

Should they refuse to surrender, Constantinople and Jerusalem will fall.

The Ambassador takes a second to pause.

I... I am sorry it has come to this.

The boy whispers something to his pigeon. The pigeon hoots softly and soars into the air. It flies directly towards the Ayyubid emissary and it circles the large man once before swooping low and pooping on his head. The pigeon hoots happily as it flies back to its masters shoulder
    Last edited by rossahh; 10-20-2008 at 02:28.

the Emperor would be shocked.

"Constantinople!? Why!? Even though the Islam people do not have a reason into that area. Why choose it? Why focus on the people who share you're goals as to bring down the Papacy as well? You to treat us as bad as the dogs who have slaughtered their way back into the once islam areas, Be mistaken of who is the true enemy here!, We fight the same people as you do! Is their not some type of agreement that we can both agree? We are not the people who slaughtered the Jerusalem area due to an old and withered man said so, This damn old man has caused much hard ache to us all, To both of our Religions!, culture!, Look at what what the Old man has done to my empire, He Shattered it! and hes trying to remove a part of our history once and for all, The Egyptians were once Romans as well, Even though we may look different, We may think different, We are still bonded by our Roman Heritage that is still strong as we speak! Our ancisters would not want us to kill eachother, Even though we are now seperated by beliefs. Think of the Nationlism that brought our ancisters to this place!"

The Emperor would shake his head, and raise it back.

"I will tell you one thing, The Thing that seperates Us Romans, and Europeans... For the Eastern part, We have mixed into the life of what our future is, We are Turks, We are Greeks, We are Egyptians, We are Persains, All of us!, But the west!? That is their mixed blood with the Frankish People, That drove the Western part to madness and fell apart long ago! Franks as I mean Germans, The French, The English, and the Spanish! All people that Islam fights, Fights Us. They Merged with us Western Romans long ago, and collapsed, and look what they brought from their wombs! Dogs of Hell! These dogs are so little minded that they only listen to an old man who has NO connection to the gods, but he forces the people to listen to them, And says it's gods will... Let me ask you this... People of the council... Does god want innocent people who commit no crimes and is strong to their faith.. from the side branch of what we believe in, that denounces the Pope, to all the way to Islam, He hates. He hates all of us, He wants to see us all suffer and to be hung from their church's crosses. And for this, My eyes are Fully Opened, Us Romans that have been spread out and untouched by the franks, must put an end to the Frankish empires, and it starts here and now!, The left over sons of the What the Romans was. Must face the common Enemy!"

He would then look at all of the Diplomats and the Caliph, Most of them Being Islam, but a few oddballs like himself, a Hindu man, a Frankish Pig boy, and a Georgian.

"As the Emperor of the oldest Empire on earth to this date. I beg for you to reconsider, and let us talk this out. Not with swords. We are willing to work with the Caliph, As we did not Reject. We only simply to Difine and agree on terms, we both can agree on... This is why this group of Diplomats is here.. Right?"

The Emperor would see what the bird had done to the Egyptian, and has the guards seize the boy as well and if the bird was still on his shoulder, would be crushed., For showing rudeness toward one of the guests of the Host, and Also trying to mess up his speech.
    Last edited by Merlox123; 10-20-2008 at 02:48.

The Vizier rises and addresses the Roman diplomat.

Sir, you ask whether there is an agreement we can make to avoid war.

The agreement has already been offered to you - hand over your holdings in Anatolia to the Caliph immediately, including former Armenian and Turkish lands, and you will be spared.

However, you have just said "we refuse to give up any parts of Armenia, [or] our old lands".

And so you have rejected the Caliph's terms, and holy jihad must follow. May Allah have mercy upon you.

The Emperor sighed...

"Caliph... Send me the Official list of what to give, We have no choice but to accept. or be Oblitterated..."

He looked at the Caliph now in desperation.

"We Romans are willing to give up so much... but please let us at least own our costal towns, The Mainland is very Islam.. but the port cities and such have not muslims, but many of my faith. If not.. I do not have any Regards why not.. We can pay Hansomly if you allow us to keep the costal cities"

He would hand a Scroll to the Caliph himself, This would be what he would try to do.
    Last edited by Merlox123; 10-20-2008 at 03:12.

The Vizier takes a cursory look at the scroll and tosses it aside. He sneers at the Roman.

Sir, you seem to think you are party to a negotiation!

The Caliph has made his ultimatum clear - the whole of the Anatolian peninsula, which Romans call 'Asia Minor' will be ruled by the faithful.

A diplomat will be sent to Roman lands to repeat the offered terms more clearly. In the meantime, the armies of Islam are already on the move, and the jihad will commence until such a time as either the lands in question are vacated, or the Roman empire is destroyed.

I suggest you ready the defences.

The Roman Emperor looked about the whole room, sweating. His loss of an Empire.

Ready my defenses!? I will do so much more, SO MUCH MORE... If I have to go... I will make my formor lands a Waste land. I will destroy every thing before you come, I will Kill every person that you want to care about! You sir can have the lands if you really want, They will be nothing left but mere... scraps? My Empire goes, So does it's worth, I will destroy every thing Withen, While my armies Delay you at all costs. Do you really want this to happend? While my armies Delay you, As they are already positioned to do so after 2 years of notification that your forces were bounding up by my borders. I Will Destroy the Empire by myself before letting the Caliph Touch the lands. As I am Absolute Authority over my people, and my will! MY command! Is land that usefull for you Caliph? what will you do with an Empire that denies your will , because they have been destroyed already. Their lands not even proftable. Barely any people to tax, Do you wish this to happen Caliph? This Empire will never be conquered, After over a thousand years of work, If it has to end, I will make sure that no man except by my will does control these lands. What happens when I have obtained all of the florience from the people?, Either way, I refuse your proposal for a Jihad on my lands, Because their will be no war!, Only death! Your armies will not approach the Roman Men, but Rebels, who defy all. Then you will have fun of years trying to re-couperate of what happened withen an Instinct. You try to boss into Jihads, What do we have? We have every thing. The Crusaders could destroy every Holy relic inside of that city if he wishes! You try to force us!? Force Islam to kill the people it tries to protect. War only brings death, if you want the people to die. They... Will... DIE...

The Newly Emperor would look at the room, Seeing how every thing is controlled by puppet masters, and grinned, laughing at himself, Clearly it was the power or lost of every thing. He would though pull out a scroll already written, and hand it off and be hand off the orders to who ever was to recieve them.

The Turks were right..? They were right... Though... We Refuse to ever give these lands to the Caliph. Any lands that would be given, Would be either the Seljuk Turks, or the Ayyubsids. Which would you rather prefer? The Man who is now calls himself Caliph, You options now!, Every one but one does help your profit, now listen old man... You either accpet what is on that paper, Or you will gain nothing. NOTHING... All of these lands will be given the to Ayybusids or the Seljuk Turks, Your lands will not grow one bit, Or I should just destroy all of it, As the Ayyubids plan to war on me, the Seljuk plans, and you do. So think fast old man. Or else you'll have a crisis under your hands...

As for the other countries, I am shocked, All that you talked about was peace, peace.. peace... but now all you banter is.. War.. War.. War.. I'll give you neither if it comes like this... Puppetmasters of the world. I laugh... Peacemaker... We have done nothing but served the Caliph. but look what it brings us? We.. will.. not.. be.. BOUND!
    Last edited by Merlox123; 10-20-2008 at 04:31.

The Vizier frowns at the Roman, disbelieving of the change that has come over him.

I cannot believe what I am hearing!

Are you really saying that the Roman Emperor will take out his frustrations on his own subjects? Raze his own cities to the ground? What an act of pure evil that would be! And truly would he justify the jihad by taking such nefarious actions!

The justice of the mighty Allah will be done infidel, but do not make it worse for yourself by piling sin upon impious sin!

As for your other words, I think you misunderstand the position - The Caliph cares not whether you hand over your lands to him, or to his allies the Ayyubids or the Seljuks.

So long as they are held in Islamic hands and free from the oppression of the infidel!

The Emperor would only grin.

Not my people, Your people. My people will move up north, Make the journy, Hopefully be met with the Novogrod people... But all of your people will be dead... It is call a Genocide then Mass Migration... And it only triggers when an event so extreme such as a Jihad is called onto a kingdom that has only served the Islam... For this, We will take back all of our favors done to you. For this. We will be happy if you wish to defy us, this is how you will get this. After the Roman people have migrated, and all Islamic people are dead, Who will you turn against? As enemies? The Seljuk Turks, The Ayyubids? It will be Mine.. My fathers.. My Grandfathers way of revenge, and if I must... God Wills It, As you can see Old man... There are daggers in men's smiles.. and theirs a dagger in yours... So guess what.. Look at this grin, look at what you've caused. The Final Chapter in the story book of the Asia Minor... How War consumed us all, and at the end, The Puppet master Caliph, who orcistrated this whole thing.. now plans to betray? I will cut the strings from my spine and skull. Maybe then.. Will the other countries look at what you have caused...

A new pigeon flutters in

The Kingdom of Jerusalem hereby offers the Islamic Shah of the Khwarezm regency over all Latin-held territories bar the Christian Cyprus.

A Message would come from Nevolous himself.

To the court. As the war wages. Rome is declining now. Rome is a mere shadow of what it once was. As the formor emperor attempted to ambush the incoming Armies of the very large horde of Islamic Jihad armies. He fell in battle. As this was a great loss for the Roman Empire, and for myself, I myself Emperor Nevoulos have been pinned. Though, We will show one last fight before we surrender. As we refuse to give one piece of our lands to this Caliph, Who wants all to die by under his hand. We fought the Abbisid's armies head on. I launched the Royal Russian Frontier armies to fight against the Caliph's armies, as a Showdown of who is in military powers. The Ambush ofcourse was a failure, But a full head on assault threw the Caliph's armies into confusion, not expecting the full sheer power of the Armies. We pushed the Caliph's men into the sea, and forced them to surrender. As it was expected, Two generals from the Caliph had been sent, each with a large army. One of them died in a fight against the most Elite Katraphract Unit Nevoulos had. The Pride of the Roman empire. After seeing the one leader being slaughtered, the rest put down their arms as it was either certain death by spears, or by drowning by the cruel sea. Though, as the men and advisers told I that I should murder every last prisoner, just like the Caliph's had done to my father, I refuse to do it just yet. Though, Troops marched on into a counter attack onto the Once Georgian city of Ani, and liberated. To show the Pathetic Caliph that they have failed Horribly.

As news of Constantinople being under seige by the Ayyubids. The War is lost, The Romans will surrender and become the vassel of the Egyptians. All of the lands will go to the Egyptians if they accept our surrender, and leaving Constantinople unharmed. We will discuss our plans of surrender with out the Caliph's first words on it, As they have prooved to be weak, and uncertain to use plans or tactics. They rely on others to take care of their problems, such as the crusaders against the Turks. The Caliph that one by one destroyed each nation. We refuse to give them any power, as he clearly lacks any type of military skill. We surrender to the Ayyubid's, they have not once destroyed, harmed, killed any besides the dangerous tribe in the south of their lands that have raided their towns. As we know that the Sultan of Egypt will care for any man, even if it is not a muslim.

The Sultan of Egypt. We wish to discuss our terms of surrender, and final peace may overlook the the cities. Refuse to fight the servent of the evil duer, I will grant you the lands, Send a Diplomat at once. Consider thsi Jihad over. The Roman people wave the white flag toward not an enemy, but a friend who greatly aided us most of the time. Though, if the capture of Constantinople is done, We can not allow this transaction to happen, and ofcourse, the Roman Army will fight until forced off into greece, Though... If this Jihad is about liberating your people, and through out deaths, I think you have found the solution. With this The Ayyubsids have over all achived the victory of the Jihad. Think hard my once great friend, the Noble Sultan of Egypt.
    Last edited by Merlox123; 11-04-2008 at 01:11.

As the boy writes a copy of the Roman's letter, a pigeon soars in and deposits a letter from Jersualem. The boy reads the new orders from the new arrival. Then he reads them again. He scratches his head, perplexed.

Eventually, sighing to himself, he puts the letter down and scans the court. Finding the right face, he winks deliberately at them. He then scribbles on the bottom of the orders Done and sends the pigeon on its way.

Another Diplomat of what used to be rome would come in.

Attention to the court. I come from now what is Regarded the Protectorate of Konstantinoplis.
    The Roman Empire did not want to go in shame, as one of the greatests empires, and die out with out a fight. With the situation turning grim and grim by every day. Invasion of the Seljuks to the Crusader's lands, a Massive Caliphate invasion to the north east, and a navel invasion by the Egyptians to the south. We were bound to be beaten.

Emperor Nevolous sends his sorrows toward the Crusader states, as the war for their very existance, will be seem to be loss. Though, sends happiness to all of the middle east, as to know that this "Jihad" is over for Asia minor. Though, This Jihad was not won with out blood shed, As the Caliphate forces invaded, and slaughtered a defending army 1/4th of the size of them. That army included the ex-emperor of the roman empire, who wished to defend his empire to his death. Which was granted. Though, With this being the first major loss in years. The Romans decided to breath one last breath as the empire, And attacked the forces with the Steppe Front Army. The Armies sent, Filled with hate and sorrow, as they knew what was to become, fought an almost suicidal battle against the invaders. In the End result. That had killed 9/10th of all of the forces that the north east had sent to us. The Three major Generals of the armies had been all slain in battle, then blitzed the city of Ani, to breath that one last breath.

The breath is now over. Surrender is must. We firstly will give the caliph and his followers the bodies of the Most important figures back.

Six men would carry 3 wooden boxes, Each containing a Body, One of the crown prince which would be appeared to be Trampled to a pulp. the other 2 was his brothers that has Axe wounds to the chest.

If any one from the council will need me, Please contact me, other wise, I will be discussing to the Egyptian man about our close future.

He would slip a small letter to the egyptian diplomat.

The Court is swathed in reams of black silk, and all the courtiers and ghulams are wreathed in the colour of mourning. This morning in the streets of Baghdad the state funeral was held for the late Crown Prince Az-Zahir, beloved of the people of the Caliphate. Angry mobs gathered outside the palace and burned effigies of men in togas with laurel wreaths on their bald turnip heads. Old men tore their beards and beat themselves with their sandals, and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the womenfolk of the city.

The new Crown Prince Abu-Bakr made a speech to the gathered masses in which he announced the surrender of Rome to the jihadi forces of Egypt, and promised the continuation of hostilities against the infidel in Syria and the Levant.

The people's lust for blood has been aroused by the death of Az-Zahir, and any who doubted the need for jihad are now taking up the sword in the cause of the Prophet and his representative on earth, Caliph An-Nasir.

The boy departs the room as a girl in blue takes his place and enters. The guards look at the Vissier, unsure whether to eject the girl, who is in clear violation of the law by entering the chamber. The Vissier nods at two of the guards, who move forward to enforce the No Girls Allowed! policy. Just as they are about the grab the girl, she suddenly flicks her long hair at the guards, who are knocked out cold by the girl's surprisingly vicious hair-strike. The rest of the palace guards are shocked, and move towards the girl. The girl smiles sweetly at them and begins to twirl her fingers through her hair, daring them to come closer. The guards skid to a stop, not wanting to join their comrades on the floor, and look to the Vissier for instructions. The Vissier shrugs, and the guards cautiously take their posts by the doors again. The girl's smile grows wider, and as the guardsShuffle away, she begins to graffiti the wall behind her with slogans like Ayyubids Suck! and Christian goats fight better than Muslim men!
    Last edited by rossahh; 12-13-2008 at 04:53.

The Roman Diplomat stands up with the cross.

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU, THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU!

He makes the girl in blue expload, cuz clearly that was a witch. and thats not good.

The Vizier raises an eyebrow at the odd behaviour of the Roman and Latin delegates. He is glad the Caliph is not here to see his Court debased in such a way. 'They must be under terrible pressure to be losing their composure like this..' he thinks.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 12-15-2008 at 01:11.

The court cleaners scrub the remains of the little girl from the walls, as the boy and his pigeon re-enters the court. He hands an official-looking to one of the Vizier's attendents, who reads it aloud.

To the new Sultan of the Ayyubids,

King Baldwin IV offers unilateral peace. Twice Saladin rejected our offer, once after the defeat of your attacking armies at Jerusalem, Acre and Kerak, the second time after the fall of Damyut. The King now presents you, the new sultan, with a final offer of peace.

Aqaba, Bilbies [sic] and Qahira have fallen to the Kingdom. Saladin has fallen defending Qahira in vain. We offer a ceasefire between the Kingdom and the Sultanate. Gaza will be handed over to the Kingdom, while we shall return your captial. The Ayyubids can then rebuild in peace.

You can end this conflict peacefully, or you can die fighting in vain. It is your choice.

PS - This offer does not extend to the Caliph, Sultan of the Seljuks, Raj of the Rajputs or the Grand Iman of Omani.

The Vizier stands, and is distracted for a moment as he glances hungrily at the pigeon, making a mental note to have the palace ghulams prepare bastilla for lunch.

The Caliph and all of the ummah mourn the death of the Great Salahuddin, a mighty warrior of Islam. If it is as the infidel says, and the Sultan has fallen defending his lands from the faithless crusaders, then he will dwell in paradise for all eternity, showered with the blessings of the mighty Allah (his name be praised to the high heavens.)

The Caliph would urge the new Sultan of Egypt to remain strong in the face of the deceitful lies of the leper King, who seeks only to secure his southern border so that he may better fight off the noble jihadis pouring into his lands from the North.

If the Sultan of Egypt will stay steadfast and refuse this offer of peace, the Caliph will pledge him the restoration of his Kingdom once the infidel has been defeated.

In the meantime the Caliph will arrange sanctuary for his family, that his line may continue despite the loss of his lands.

Are the Raj and Omani's really at war with jerusalem? i mean, Raj musta had to wait 10+ turns to get their armies into position? X_X;;; holy crap.

so where are the ghorids... are they coming to the north!? ATTACKING MY damn areas? oh, also, don't attack sinope / trezbond, I just built my nice docks =( lol, if you do.. well, one of your very inside cities will be punished, Like Baghdad. =p myuahahahhaa

The Roman falls alseep again.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

The emissary of the Rajputs responds in a calm, even tone:

My nation is not currently at war with anyone unless our western expeditionary force has been senselessly attacked.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

In the same calm tone with which he previously addressed the court the emissary of the Rajputs announces:

The expeditionary force of the Rajputs has encoutered an impassable barrier to their explorations and as such has been forced to lay siege to certain settlements under the current control of the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Once these routes are free for passage again we expect a swift peace settlement can be accomplished.

(OOC: It's only 6 turns actually, and I couldn't stand to just disband all those elephant vets from the Ghorid war, so I sent 'em off to be slaughtered instead. )

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast