Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The EB Face Database: Faces Required For EBII!

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The EB Face Database: Faces Required For EBII!

Why not will smith? it was about some beards and old-charismatic face about?

Hmmm... typical asian descent....

Maybe my face was eligible for some of the Saka and Sauro.....
    If they had asian descent.... OOPS they have no glasses......

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Blog Entries

It will be interesting leading armies of celebrities and politicians into battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai! View Post
    Oh and what are you going to do with these faces? Are you going to make each one individually in zbrush (teh win) or use an automated face generator like facegen (teh suck) or 3dmenow (pictured)?
    I doubt they'd use the one you pictured, as you'd need a profile of that same face as well.
    Last edited by Ludens; 11-17-2009 at 21:06. Reason: merged posts

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    It will be interesting leading armies of celebrities and politicians into battle.
    LOL! I wonder about an Elite African Infantry filled with Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Cuba Gooding, Issac Hayes... and many more Holywood faces..... But if we made them into some sort of Nubian/Ethiophian Levies.......
    Angkara Murka di Macapada

Blog Entries

Although you cannot deny that an army made up of Samuel L Jacksons would probably be the most terrifying thing this world would ever see.

Added a bunch of faces but many being put forward are far too small, remember a 240 by 300 pixel minimum head area. Zadra Pahlavan's pic is a good example of what the minimal desired size is.
    Last edited by bobbin; 11-17-2009 at 13:25.

Blog Entries

Will you tell us if the faces we submit will be used?

EDIT: I'm guessing that the likes of Southern Europe will be more important than, say India, so should we make an effort to get more Greek/Spanish/Italian/Portuguese faces?
    Last edited by Subotan; 11-17-2009 at 15:29.

Will you tell us if the faces we submit will be used?

EDIT: I'm guessing that the likes of Southern Europe will be more important than, say India, so should we make an effort to get more Greek/Spanish/Italian/Portuguese faces?
    I won't know anymore than you about that, its up to the team.

While more faces for Southern Europe than India will probably be needed due to that region likely having more units in it don't try to focus one group too much, if you see a pic that is suitable wherever it is from post it up.

Added a bunch form Subotan
    Last edited by bobbin; 11-17-2009 at 16:56.

I am no expert in this, but have observed when traveling.

I lived in Thessaloniki for a year, many of the "Greeks" looks like Turks to me. (typical big Turkish nose and more dark skin tone).

I meet some Greeks from outlying mountain regions of Crete, and they look nothing like the modern Turkish Greek person (semi straight Greek nose, many different types of hair color, lighter skin tone).

Don't use a modern Greek Turks to represent classical Greek's?

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

What's up with these two? Notice the thing on their foreheads? The first is from Azerbaijan, and the second Egyptian...

Blog Entries

Woah, that is weird

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Woah, that is weird
    if you mean the mark on the forehead, then that's because they are Shia.

@Bobbin: the first guy was Kuwaiti (he's dead now), the second is the current ruler of the Emirates, adn the third? I dunno.

also, the syrian guy you had is also good for the arabs. yes-there are arabs from the region with brown hair. In fact, any semetic face will do, so long as its not from Ethiopia.
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 11-17-2009 at 22:36.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Quote Originally Posted by Reshey View Post
    I am no expert in this, but have observed when traveling.

I lived in Thessaloniki for a year, many of the "Greeks" looks like Turks to me. (typical big Turkish nose and more dark skin tone).

I meet some Greeks from outlying mountain regions of Crete, and they look nothing like the modern Turkish Greek person (semi straight Greek nose, many different types of hair color, lighter skin tone).

Don't use a modern Greek Turks to represent classical Greek's?
    I think you want to be careful not to include actual turkic faces. The guy you have for turkey doesn't actually look very turkic, but the azeris do, but in EB timeframe practically all turks were still in north eastern asian steppe. (also that guy you have for syria looks positively Afghan)
    @Reshey, when i was in Izmir last summer, I thought that many people looked quite Greek! (lighter hair, different skin colour)
    big nose? Practically all my family are rather turkic-looking and none of us have big noses! :p

This would make a good ancillary.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ok, this is my (crapy) face, I am greek but i have no idea if my face resembles one from EB's time frame so you deside...

http://s312.photobucket.com/albums/l...=DSC000841.jpg
    Dont fight for what you want, fight for what you can have.

Far out it is ridicously difficult to find profile (side on) pictures and its annoying me.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

Quote Originally Posted by AncientFanTR View Post
    I think you want to be careful not to include actual turkic faces. The guy you have for turkey doesn't actually look very turkic, but the azeris do, but in EB timeframe practically all turks were still in north eastern asian steppe. (also that guy you have for syria looks positively Afghan)
    @Reshey, when i was in Izmir last summer, I thought that many people looked quite Greek! (lighter hair, different skin colour)
    big nose? Practically all my family are rather turkic-looking and none of us have big noses! :p
    The Turkic migrations had little impact gentically speaking anywhere west of Uzbekistan as those regions (Iran, Iraq, Caucasus, Anatolia, Greece etc) had high populations that were able to adsorb the incoming migrants (who would have become quite mixed already).
    A Genetic Landscape Reshaped by Recent Events: Y-Chromosomal Insights into Central Asia.
    The upshot of this is that for most of the regions in the EB map people would look very similar to how they looked in 272bc.
    The EB historians are the ones who will pick which faces go to which peoples, so rest assured they won't choose a face that doesn't match up historically.
    Can people please stop asking this question now

@Iraklis: Do you have a photo that is more face on and more evenly lit? could also be a bit bigger too.
    Last edited by bobbin; 11-18-2009 at 11:43.

I am sorry, let me get it straight - can we actually post OUR faces, not the faces we found on the net?
    Last edited by Tretii; 11-18-2009 at 12:08.

Not to rain on your parade, but Egyptians (your pics here) of today are arabs. The Egyptians of antiquity were not arabs. I think they closest one you can get is to find some pictures of Copts, they are supposed to be descendants of native Egyptian people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tretii View Post
    I am sorry, let me get it straight - can we actually post OUR faces, not the faces we found on the net?
    Yes your actively encouraged to!

Not to rain on your parade, but Egyptians (your pics here) of today are arabs. The Egyptians of antiquity were not arabs. I think they closest one you can get is to find some pictures of Copts, they are supposed to be descendants of native Egyptian people.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    The upshot of this is that for most of the regions in the EB map people would look very similar to how they looked in 272bc.
    The EB historians are the ones who will pick which faces go to which peoples, so rest assured they won't choose a face that doesn't match up historically.
    Can people please stop asking this question now.

Also seem to have run into a problem with the hitting the max number of pictures allowed in one post, trying to sort this at the moment.

Edit: On some advice from Ludens I'm recommending people should post thier pictures as links from now on, I've changed the starting post accordingly as well
    Last edited by bobbin; 11-18-2009 at 12:51.

Blog Entries

The last one was a Copt. Besides, it's not like there was some kind of ethnic cleansing and all Egyptians were replaced by Arabs.

Now I just need to upload my face :D

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai! View Post
    HQ Faces. Slightly on the old side but could make good generals.
    Very good face pictures, spot on what is needed. Shame about the subjects though, I put them up anyway as I'm sure they could be altered to make them look less recognisable (i know i wouldn't want to have Hitler or Ceausescu as my faction leaders face).

Very good face pictures, spot on what is needed. Shame about the subjects though, I put them up anyway as I'm sure they could be altered to make them look less recognisable (i know i wouldn't want to have Hitler or Ceausescu as my faction leaders face).
    Dito. No Celebs!
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Yes your actively encouraged to!
    Thanks mate, I will send my god like face then
    Last edited by Tretii; 11-18-2009 at 16:14.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    Dito. No Celebs!
    I can only support that. And I have to say I was really upset, when I clicked on the "Austrian" face and I saw Hitler...sorry but I thought this forum is not so simple minded or is the only face that is associated with Austria Hitler? And I wonder what Hitler and other war criminals are doing in this thread (and the celebs). Ok the face models are just hilarious but thats not the topic.

Sry if this sounds offensive, but I didn't expect that when I was curiously reading this thread.

Sorry for causing offense, it's the only one thats been submitted so far from that country and i was trying to keep things subjective as it was a very clear picture of a face. I'll take it down if you want (along with the other ones, can't be biased in that respect). I personally added some more austrians to the list as way of a little sorry.

As for the famous people pics its going to be hard to make a big list if we exclude the most photographed people from the database, I imagine once they have gone through the skinning process they won't be recognisable (this was the thinking with the war criminal ones too).
    Last edited by bobbin; 11-18-2009 at 18:41.

Of course, we will not include war criminals faces on EB2...I think this is just not the kind of thing that make us laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
    I can only support that. And I have to say I was really upset, when I clicked on the "Austrian" face and I saw Hitler...sorry but I thought this forum is not so simple minded or is the only face that is associated with Austria Hitler? And I wonder what Hitler and other war criminals are doing in this thread (and the celebs). Ok the face models are just hilarious but thats not the topic.

Sry if this sounds offensive, but I didn't expect that when I was curiously reading this thread.
    What about Shwarzi? He is gov'nor now. Could be used as commander.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast