Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mansion II [on hiatus]

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Default The Mansion II [on hiatus]

The Mansion II
    Remake/Remastery of The Mansion circa Autumn 2009

You enter reality gradually...

Hearing unidentifiable murmurs and smelling that classic antique smell, you slowly open your eyes. The blur is nauseating, making you aware of your splitting headache.

You sit up, head spinning. Rubbing your eyes, hoping the blur will go away, you look up once again to a clearing view of the crowd whose murmur has become an angry discourse. The tone growing increasingly volatile.

Looking around, you observe a room with no windows and a single door. The furniture appears old, some covered in plastic, others just dust. Armchairs... bookshelves... some kind of Study.

You stand up fighting shakiness, the nausea fading away with the blur. Noticing the crowd had gathered in the center of the room, you approach them. One man in the middle held a note and beckoned everyone to be quiet. He read aloud, "Your predecessors were lucky, are you?".

The dead silence broke into confusion and anger, everyone asked their questions simultaneously. Accusations immediately sparked among them without cause.

Your mind reeled, no memory of how you got here or where "here" is. All the knowledge you have is scribbled on that note.

No one seemed to have answers, so you asked the question everyone was thinking, "What now?"

Rules:
    1. There may or may not be special roles in this Non-Mafia Player vs. Player vs. Environment (PvPvE) game. So, no screenshots from PMs allowed.
    2. All communication between players must take place in this thread.
    3. All players must participate and be active. Any player who fails to post within a given 48 hour period will be killed in-game.

Within reason, anything can happen in this game. There are almost boundless possibilities.
    Guidelines:
    The one and only point of this game is to find out what is going on, and react. It is highly recommended you organize and elect a Leader or set of Leaders who are in charge of specific tasks. However, the people are not forced to follow. This is your game, you do as you will.

IF a leader is killed, a good recommendation is that another leader is elected.

Players do have responsibilities however, such as keeping yourself alive by eating and sleeping. The details will be covered in your Role PM.

Currently, you are locked in what appears to be a Study. The doors are locked and barred on your side, and you may leave if you choose to. More details on what lies outside the door will be revealed as it's discovered.

The game will be played in 24+ real-life hour phases. They will always end at 15:00 GMT. Unlike a traditional mafia game with Day and Night phases, this Non-Mafia game will be played in Discussion and Order phases. Also please allow up to 24 hours for optimal write-ups.

-Discussion Phase: An allotted time for players to discuss strategy and plans for travel/survival/combat/etc. IMPORTANT NOTE: The MORE discussion and teamwork observed by your GM, the LESS LIKELY mishaps will take place. In other words, in-thread ACTIVITY and TEAMWORK can equal SURVIVAL with good decision making.

-Order Phase: An allotted time for players to Private Message the GM with their orders of what they will do during that phase. Receiving no PM will result in no movement, and assuredly death.

You may travel anywhere in the Mansion per turn (once it is discovered), because in reality, that is realistic.
    Good luck

Please refer to "Stats & Storyline" thread for more information, summary, and write-ups.
    Last edited by Zain; 01-12-2016 at 22:32.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Mansion II

In.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

when the game will start?

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    Pretty much this- if the game starts after Christmas, I'll join, but I can't guarantee commitment if it starts during or shortly after the holiday.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    We will have a slow start and kick off on regular schedule after Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Would it be possible to be more specific than this? I'm going to be out of commission for around a week myself (doing a move in conjunction with the holidays) so I'd prefer to know the exact dates, etc.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Please tell me when you all can start, and I will go with the majority. The holiday season can be a dead downtime for some and extremely busy for others so I want to appeal to the most players.

Blog Entries

The 27th would be ideal for me.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

28 would be good, but 27 can work too.

or later

and sign me in

Is this like a non-Mafia version of Pizza's Murder Manor series? Those were a nice bit of work.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

In.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

In.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Is this like a non-Mafia version of Pizza's Murder Manor series? Those were a nice bit of work.
    Sounds like a similar story, not sure how Pizza organized it, but read through the first Mansion (link in OP at the top), to get an idea of how this one will operate.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I would like to start soon but I am also hopeful for a 25+ player game. So, please join in anyway as the first few phases will likely be extended length. Guaranteed to start by the 28th
    Last edited by Zain; 12-19-2015 at 03:21.

In in in to the scary place.

Can't post much on the three days surrounding Christmas or New Year's but should be good besides that.
    Last edited by Raith Kemmler; 12-19-2015 at 10:35.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

In (second time lucky!)

No more takers eh? Come on!

what is minimum number of players you want?

Go on, then. I'll play.

Welcome Winston!

Really I'd like 20 players, but we can make it work with less if we must. Trust me guys, it's gonna be fun! So much better than the restraints from a Mafia game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Update the signups list, man. Or else it looks to newcomers as if no one's joining.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, let's do it.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Blog Entries

No restraints, you say?

Put me on the list.

Will be sending out invitations tomorrow, we are still schedule to start the 27th/28th.

Looking forward to getting this thing going, it was a ton of fun the first time!

I'll play
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Official Sign-up deadline, Sunday, December 27th, 23:59GMT, Role PM's to soon follow, game begins next day!

'K.

vote:Zain

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    20 players, but we can make it work with less if we must.
    If we're stuck at 10 for this, will it be less lethal at the start? Or will the game just be much shorter?

I may nerf the evils slightly to ensure an epic experience.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I'm in, so long as there is a Billiards Room.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast