Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2594

Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

I've figured out the coordinate adjustment for the Caves map. Simply subtract 30 from both the X and Z axes as displayed on the Caves map to find the in-game coordinates. For example, if you place your mouse over a spot on the Caves map and get the coordinates x = -100, Z = 70, to find that spot in the real world you would dig down at x = -130, z = 40.

[edit] I take that back, it doesn't appear to always work that way. I think the amount you have to subtract has something to do with the depth of the cave, but I'm not quite sure how it correlates.
    Last edited by TinCow; 12-01-2012 at 23:47.

Member thankful for this post:

Tuuvi 

My XP farm has now achieved ludicrous speed. I've added a third layer of spawners on top of the main level. The farm is now running 5 skeleton spawners and 4 zombie spawners. Here are the new Here are the new states from a cold start (lights on, no mobs in the system):

5 minutes = Level 25
    6:45 minutes = Level 30

By comparison, here are the stats on the old system:

5 minutes = Level 22
    8.5 minutes = Level 30
    The new tier is right at the distance limit for spawning though, and if you stand against the side (left and right) walls in the killing room, you won't activate the opposite spawner on the top level. Ideally, you need to stay in the central core area, which is marked with red and orange wool on the floor. I think it may be possible to add another 4 spawners onto the farm, but I'm going to have to do some graphing to figure out if it can be done.
    Last edited by TinCow; 12-02-2012 at 00:37.

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Just a quick question:

Which texture packs do you guys use? Personally, I didn't like the red-stone texture of the default texture pack, so I changed to the default pro, you often see in youtube tutorials. I think it has better resolution as well (32x32?).
    Status Emeritus

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Just a quick question:

Which texture packs do you guys use? Personally, I didn't like the red-stone texture of the default texture pack, so I changed to the default pro, you often see in youtube tutorials. I think it has better resolution as well (32x32?).
    I just use the default texture pack. Otherwise, all the blocks will look unfamiliar to me. My brain cannot translate custom texture pack blocks, so I stick with the default one.

I use Misa's Realistic 64, with a custom edit to delete the green tint on stone in swamp biomes. I really want to move up to a 128 pack, but I haven't found any there that I like. Sphax and Kaynecraft come closest, but I don't like how either of them do lava or glowstone. Since both are a regular site in my home, I haven't moved up to them.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    I use Misa's Realistic 64, with a custom edit to delete the green tint on stone in swamp biomes. I really want to move up to a 128 pack, but I haven't found any there that I like. Sphax and Kaynecraft come closest, but I don't like how either of them do lava or glowstone. Since both are a regular site in my home, I haven't moved up to them.
    Are you able to customize individual textures to replace the ones you don't like?

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Are you able to customize individual textures to replace the ones you don't like?
    Yeah, though that's a lot more complicated than what I do. All I have to do is delete a single file in the pack to remove the green tint I don't like. Swapping out the lava and glowstone for the other packs would be a much bigger deal and is beyond what I care to do.

Any Endman farms around?
    I found a blaze farm in the nether... and want to give thanks to whomever placed it there.
    Status Emeritus

Any Endman farms around?
    I found a blaze farm in the nether... and want to give thanks to whomever placed it there.
    I don't think there are Enderman spawners.

Go to the End. There are plenty of Endermen there.

Any Endman farms around?
    IIRC, Csargo built that.

I am guessing there is a way of of the end? (without dying).
    Status Emeritus

I am guessing there is a way of of the end? (without dying).
    There is a portal which takes you back to spawn.

BTW I'm pretty sure if you go to the End and start attacking Endermen they'll all attack you together which means the hunter will become the hunted.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 12-07-2012 at 10:40.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Phew!!
    Just had to read up on the OrgCraft history. This thread is a massive read, but quite educational.

I want farms in my castle (sheep for carpets, cows for books etc.). I figure the best way to establish these farms are to enderfarm them with ender pearls and eggs.
    I bet you could make an enderman farm in the end... I saw some examples of these on youtube. Apparently you can move away from the central island out into the void, build it there as endermen seems to be able to spawn there. Make a tower that has a dark room at the top, have a chute they can fall into and some crushing pistons at the bottom, not unlike other mob farms. Ender perls for free!!!
    Status Emeritus

Phew!!
    Just had to read up on the OrgCraft history. This thread is a massive read, but quite educational.

I want farms in my castle (sheep for carpets, cows for books etc.). I figure the best way to establish these farms are to enderfarm them with ender pearls and eggs.
    I bet you could make an enderman farm in the end... I saw some examples of these on youtube. Apparently you can move away from the central island out into the void, build it there as endermen seems to be able to spawn there. Make a tower that has a dark room at the top, have a chute they can fall into and some crushing pistons at the bottom, not unlike other mob farms. Ender perls for free!!!
    The only downside with that is travelling there just for Ender pearls, which isn't used as much as sand. Still, should be useful. I use Ender pearls for teleporting me home.

Something like this

Status Emeritus

Gah... I've been playing around with the settings for generating the world map. In the process I cancelled out of a map generation process mid-progress when I realized it wasn't producing what I wanted. Unfortunately, doing that seems to have corrupted the map cache, which means the program now wants to rebuild the entire map from scratch instead of just updating the changed bits. That means that the next map run will take many hours instead of just 20 minutes or so. Since map generation takes so many resource it makes my system unusable for anything beyond web-surfing, I'm going to have to wait until this evening to run the new map. In addition, a completely new map also means that rsync won't work to upload the map to the server and I will instead have to do a complete map upload. That will also take a few hours. So, apologies but there may not be another map update until late Saturday or Sunday.

I am trying to build the enderman xp farm.... but ... ... I must have died a dozen times already losing my best bow (fire I) on the first try... and 4 stacks with torches and and ... too many stacks of smoothstone (lost count)... problem is when I want to build a platform to store the stuff I bring. The crouch + walk to the end works when I built the ramp out into the void... as soon as I want to expand to a platform... the crouch stops working and I tumble into the void with all my resources... My stone generator is working overtime.
    Status Emeritus

Hey TC, how big is the save file for the world?

Currently a bit over 2.3 gb.

Currently a bit over 2.3 gb.
    Whoa. That's quite big. I just thought maybe every year, the world file could be uploaded, so we can relive old times without having to look at a map, since by next year, the world will have progressed a lot. Maybe it isn't possible. Dang.

I have started the work on the Enderman XP/Ender pearl farm.

I am following the design from the video in my previous post.

As you can see, I have only made the killing field 13 wide as I ran out of sticky pistons (the video has 17 wide). And you can see by the coordinates where approx. in the End this farm is. It leads directly out from the stronghold portal.
    I need to get 43 blocks up from the killing field (the glowstone), which is approximately 14 of those rings that you can see I made 3 of, before making the pushing platforms.
    The video says: as long as I stay below y:128, the efficiency of the trap will be maxed out.

The killing field is at 24 when extended - which means I need to reach y:67 before I make the vine-trap that will slow the falling endmen and then make a multi-tiered spawn area with sticky pistons that will push the spawning endmen down to the killing field. I would need 26 sticky pistons for each tier, and I am looking at approx. 7 tiers. That is around 182 sticky pistons total.

Anyone interested in joining this project??

I have the vines needed in one of the chests you see in the picture and I will provide the red stone and smooth stone to finish this project.
    What I need is sticky pistons and a few repeaters... and maybe a railtrack that speeds up the travel back and forth to this site... which is about 200 blocks out from the incoming portal platform.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 12-08-2012 at 17:38.
    Status Emeritus

I'm stuck into Farcry 3 at the moment and will be out of the game for another week or so. However, you're welcome to take as many sticky pistons and repeaters as you need for the project from my place. If I don't have enough already made, you're also welcome to use my supplies to make more.

The Enderman farm is more or less finished. Feel free to harvest ender pearls.

I would advice from pushing the leaver into the XP farm position as I haven't started on the containment area around the farm yet. Apparently it needs glass + 2 block high entry + watery roofs - to keep the near dead endermen contained in the trap. I just had to test if I had calculated the correct height for the XP position.. and the endermen swarmed me and pushed me into the void. I was able to push the leaver back to the killing position before those who survived the drop teleported out of the trap.
    Status Emeritus

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Once you start harvesting pearls is there anything you would like in trade?

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Farm is finished... you should be able to get XP fairly quickly... I haven't timed it.
    It is open for all... My contribution to the community. (Csargo and TinCow provided resources to build sticky pistons and repeaters )

The only thing remaining is to lay tracks to the farm. I also tried to enclose the portal platform after a few incidents spawning right into an enderman .. who took offence. The roof over the platform vanishes every time someone teleports into the end. I am not sure how high above the platform you need to build in order to avoid this happening. ...

And I accidentally hit A instead of W laying tracks on the causeway out to the farm... tracks vanished into the void.. Out of resources again... might be a while before I finish that rail.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 12-11-2012 at 09:52.
    Status Emeritus

Enderman XP/Ender Pearl farm complete... bring yer own minecart.
    Status Emeritus

The server is currently offline because the world has been corrupted. I am attempting to repair it. If the repair fails I will have to restore from a backup. The last overworld backup was taken this morning, though the nether and end backups are much older.

It turns out only the level.dat files got corrupted. I replaced them with versions from the most recent backup, and that seems to have fixed the problem, so no progress should have been lost. Please do verify that everything is ok in your area though. Also, let me know if you notice any aberrations in settings or features. Some basic setup files got reset and had to be rebuilt, and it's possible I may have missed a setting somewhere.

Also, MobCatcher was spitting out errors so I disabled it temporarily. I don't think that was related to the corruption issue, but better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by TinCow; 12-12-2012 at 05:15.

The server is currently offline because the world has been corrupted. I am attempting to repair it. If the repair fails I will have to restore from a backup. The last overworld backup was taken this morning, though the nether and end backups are much older.

It turns out only the level.dat files got corrupted. I replaced them with versions from the most recent backup, and that seems to have fixed the problem, so no progress should have been lost. Please do verify that everything is ok in your area though. Also, let me know if you notice any aberrations in settings or features. Some basic setup files got reset and had to be rebuilt, and it's possible I may have missed a setting somewhere.

Also, MobCatcher was spitting out errors so I disabled it temporarily. I don't think that was related to the corruption issue, but better safe than sorry.
    Heh... I did a few captures last night. I caught some cheep, pigs and a cow... and a spider that surprised me.
    I wanted to try to catch an enderman... but it only resulted in a chicken hatching in the enderman trap... It might have been this that caused the errors. The server scheduled a restart just when I did this.... and I was not able to log on after the restart.

edit: I did a quick check and it seems the last modifications I did to the Enderman trap is there.. so I don't think we lost anything. And I did those right before the server shut down (I think).

I placed an ender chest there, so you can get more of the ender pearls with you when you teleport out of there.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 12-12-2012 at 09:54.
    Status Emeritus

i have located mob spawners around my castle - but haven't got any silk-touch tools.

It seems they are all located on mossy cobbelstone and has a chest next to it. Using the caves map, you could probably locate them all by finding this setup.
    Status Emeritus

It seems they are all located on mossy cobbelstone and has a chest next to it. Using the caves map, you could probably locate them all by finding this setup.
    Those are dungeons.

Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast