Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hedgehog

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Default Re: Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    So do cats and so do you. Milk isn't good in general, but it's not all that harmful either
    I drink about 1.5L of milk daily. Plus about 4 litres of water and 1L of energy drinks. I ain't pooping out Niagara Falls.

I should know how harmful milk is to animals. Hedgehogs are lactose intolerant. That's why you don't give them milk. As far as I know, I haven't dehydrated and died.

I drink 1/3 of a gallon daily and my body has only had digestive problems from dairy once. And that was from eating a 1/2 pound of colby jack cheese in one sitting.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    Always wash your hands very carefully if you have touched it. Also if you do find them check wether they have white thingies between their pikes. Often if you find them especially those you run into by day, have fly larvae on them if they have that they need to be taken care off. You can always contact the local Wildlife rescue center for questions, advice or help.

It's usually best not to feed animals and never give them milk. Water is never a problem though. That and always wash your hands,... (diseases, worms some of which are lethal,...)
    Bah. So I'm going to die because I helped a little cute thingy. The world is so unfair

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    It's explained in detail in this educational video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k

I add milk to my cereals each morning and do it in my coffee. Apart from that, I hardly drink it. Drank plenty of chocolate milk as a kid and I absolutely love drinking hot chocolate milk during winter.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Milk is fine, the more the better if you ask me.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus View Post
    Milk is fine, the more the better if you ask me.
    Cow's milk really is not. At the Rescue center we have to use special milk for certain animals. Especially younger animals are sensitive with this. Also there is no reason to feed them. If they truly are ill or weakened, the best thing is expert help (not a standard vet though).

Also why are people just telling random stuff, they present as fact because it just seems reasonable to them?
    Last edited by Moros; 05-07-2012 at 02:26.

Also why are people just telling random stuff, they present as fact because it just seems reasonable to them?
    Because....they are people?

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Because....they are people?
    Are you sure about that? I was hoping most were super intelligent Pinguins with fingers wearing silly hats. But I never checked.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

The hats aren't all that silly really just extravagant

Are you sure about that? I was hoping most were super intelligent Pinguins with fingers wearing silly hats. But I never checked.
    Well there's your problem. You should read the news more often. Studies claim that possibly up to 100% of people are in fact people and not penguins. Although, philosophers have questioned this study, saying that we cannot objectively claim that we are in fact not penguins due to the fallibility of our senses making the observation in the first place.

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Cow's milk really is not. At the Rescue center we have to use special milk for certain animals. Especially younger animals are sensitive with this. Also there is no reason to feed them. If they truly are ill or weakened, the best thing is expert help (not a standard vet though).

Cow's milk is obviously not good for other animals. They're not cows. And really, we shouldn't be drinking milk, but we have built up a tolerance to lactose. And some people are still unable to drink milk. Hence, lactose intolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Well there's your problem. You should read the news more often. Studies claim that possibly up to 100% of people are in fact people and not penguins. Although, philosophers have questioned this study, saying that we cannot objectively claim that we are in fact not penguins due to the fallibility of our senses making the observation in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo
    Cow's milk is obviously not good for other animals. They're not cows. And really, we shouldn't be drinking milk, but we have built up a tolerance to lactose. And some people are still unable to drink milk. Hence, lactose intolerance.

The hats aren't all that silly really just extravagant
    Eating a different kind of steak everyday is extravagant. Silly hats are plain silly. That's why they are silly hats.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Rodents are my preferred inside pets.

Hedgehogs or great, especially since you can designer-breed them ad get crazy colors.

He didn't move because he was terrified and their coats make them appear as vegetation. It was a mixture of utter shock and trying to appear as a shrub. If they spike up, they are trying to be intimidating, which can be really funny to see, but they usually only do it against other small predators

Hedgies are far more low maintenance than guinea pigs, and just a little less smarter than rats. They are not anti social like hamsters, so you can keep them together and they play and talk to each other at night.

They call me Willard round these parts
    Last edited by Major Robert Dump; 05-29-2012 at 16:59.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread.

Also for me dairy makes me sick so I shouldn't have it.

We don't get such creatures down here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12