Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy of Elemental Magic [Concluded]

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Academy of Elemental Magic [IN PLAY]

Going to the writeups.

ATPG's friend has warned him. He should be careful, someone was going to attack him! For the entire week ATPG was hiding under his plank bed. But he was attacked nonetheless. Pillar of water, looking almost like a man's silhouette, stormed his cell. Squirming and groaning, it went under ATPG's bed and battered him severly.
    This was a scum attack due to the severity of the damage. I can tell you, especially since the College of Water denies responsibility.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
    TinCow was doing TinCowish stuff in his cell when someone attacked him from hiding, almost catching him flat-footed. But, watchful as he was, he managed to flee under his bed, when large boulder was hurled inside, and only his buttocks (too large to hide) were hurted. Ouch, what a bruise!
    I think I know who did this one and it wasn't a scumbag, methinks.

Chaotix practiced stunts with his new weapon. He wanted to be ready for some serious fighting. And the fighting come earlier, than he supposed. Fireball caught him in the middle of the training mat, burning his clothes and body – fortunately, wounds were far from deadly.
    I think whoever the current fire dude is did this. They can't be very powerful.

But it was not the end. When Chaotix was tearing off remains of his clothes, wall of compressed air expanded from the door into his direction. Deafened by pressure of air, he could only watch blood oozing from his ears, eyes, and nose. He was now wounded pretty badly.
    This is a scum attack, so far as I know. The College of Air hasn't claimed responsibility for the attack. No one besides the headmaster could have done it, AFAIK, and I think he was doing other things. Correct me if I am wrong.

Well, it was not his lucky day for sure. When he regained his composure, he was attacked for a third time. This time, rain of pebbles hit his head and body, some of them really hard. Chaotix passed out, his life force severely depleted.
    Seems like a townie did this one.

Kennigit was learning when a stalagmite shot up from his floor. His arm received long, bloody wound. Fortunately, attack ended after that

Riedquat was eating, when sudden blow of wind chilled him. He get a small frostbite at the back of his hand.

Issaikhaan was meditating when someone approached him from behind. 'Who's there?' Issaikhaan asked. But, instead of answer, attacker thred volley of sharpened crystals at him! 'That was rude', Issaikhaan observed. 'Now I have to teach you a lesson'. Reaching for his energies, Issaikhaan lifted hands over his head, and then, with a sudden motion of arms, threw all crystals right into attacker's face. Masked character, wounded severely by this counter-attack, decided to escape. Quickly.
    These things seem like town-inspired attacks. Kennigit's one is a little murky though.

A lot of this damage is self-inflicted. But the scum are clearly targeting myself and Chaotix, I thought that was pretty clear from the writeup but no one is paying attention to it?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Also, what's cute about it is that the scum attacks are water and air, and weren't caused by folks in either college, apparently. So both colleges have claimed.

I believe the scum are deliberately trying to make those two colleges hate each other. And it's working on my end.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

…Or there could be people able to use their colleges' abilities individually, in secret.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    …Or there could be people able to use their colleges' abilities individually, in secret.
    I proposed several days ago that the folks who are scum are most likely able to use powerful attacks of any given element, and therefore, will likely use attacks that do not match the particular college they are in.

College of Air quicktopic post 68-
    Why do you believe the "wind user scum" is in the College of Air?

My guess would be the scums are not only much more powerful than us, but could use multiple kinds of magic, and therefore wouldn't be bound by a college.
    It would be remarkably simplistic to solve this game if the scum were using attacks that matched their college. But at the time, someone who shall remain nameless believed that the wind user scumbag was in our college.

That just seemed obviously wrong to me. Anyone else?
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 11-27-2012 at 06:04.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Damn ATPG, from the looks of it you are probably right. And it worked pretty well, too.

I was thinking it would be really odd for scum to attack both you and me since it would seemingly clear us both of being scum - I knew the attack on you had to be scum but the quantity of hits on me suggested it would be something organized...

Still, it doesn't explain the earth and fire attacks on me.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Why not? If the baddies can copy other people's elements, then why not? That is, of course, that everyone in said colleges is an Innocent…
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will confirm the attack on Kennegit came from my college.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Vote: Arjos

If you think he is lurky enough to be scum, I guess I can go with that today.

Elemental Lens Thing: Visorslash

No way am I giving this thing to the high-ranking earth dude. I got attacked with earth too, and it did substantial damage in spite of my own high earth defense (you can see me reflecting an earth attack in an earlier writeup). If we are assuming there were only two scum attacks... it would have had to come from an earth college member.

Got anything else your college wants to take responsibility for, khaan?

Really, Chaotix? vote the item to the very guy pointed out as being inordinately obtuse, who started the ball rolling and is now lurking the thread laughing his arse off at us?

Gah.

You're right, I've been looking at him through a blue-colored lens.

Unvote, Vote: white_eyes

This one is overly paranoid, but not scummy. In short I don't want it going to khaan and I don't want it going to Fire and I don't want it going to either of you two just yet. Beyond that I don't really care. I would take it myself but I am probably going to die.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post

If you think he is lurky enough to be scum, I guess I can go with that today.

Elemental Lens Thing: Visorslash

No way am I giving this thing to the high-ranking earth dude. I got attacked with earth too, and it did substantial damage in spite of my own high earth defense (you can see me reflecting an earth attack in an earlier writeup). If we are assuming there were only two scum attacks... it would have had to come from an earth college member.

Got anything else your college wants to take responsibility for, khaan?
    Nope. Like I said, my college is run responsibly, so I have tabs on its members.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

RULE ADDENDUM:

You cannot share your quicktopic link or give anyone access to your quicktopic. Only host can provide access to the quicktopic.

it was always meant to be that way, I just overlooked it (and I was almost sure it is in the rules already)
    Last edited by Jarema; 11-27-2012 at 07:54.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

We got self-proclaimed members of earth, wind, water voting for him and I don't think fire would vote for their own headmaster. So very heavy odds of him being unguilded.

Anybody has been trying to recruit him?

Chaotix got attacked by the old air/earth scum pair (who started out as earth/fire) and ATPG got attacked by the single fire guy who switched to water (since the fire guy is missing). There, wasn't too hard to figure out.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

We at the College of Fire didn't haven't the internal battles you lot had - you should see our QT.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Vote: Issaikhaan for the lens

Vote: Arjos for death

vote: Arjos

Bandwagon away! Though I notice that robbiecon is still lurking. His last post was in defence of me voting him for lurking, then he dissapeared again... Worth bearing in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Damn ATPG, from the looks of it you are probably right. And it worked pretty well, too.

I was thinking it would be really odd for scum to attack both you and me since it would seemingly clear us both of being scum - I knew the attack on you had to be scum but the quantity of hits on me suggested it would be something organized...

Still, it doesn't explain the earth and fire attacks on me.
    At this point, I think it would be a grand idea for folks to begin claiming their attacks.

If a scumbag goes as far as to claim their own attack, that would be useful to someone who knows they are not in the proper college to be doing that attack.

Further, if we can write people off as townies or observed members of a college, it will narrow down the pool of "more suspicious than the others" quite a bit.

@ ALL

I would ask anyone who has not claimed their attack to do so, or at least have a representative of your college claim every attack in the game so far.

Remember: FROM THE RULES, THERE IS MORE THAN ONE SCUM TEAM. THIS WILL BE HARD TO SOLVE IF WE ARE JUST TRYING TO OBLITERATE EACH OTHER.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Ferret View Post

Bandwagon away! Though I notice that robbiecon is still lurking. His last post was in defence of me voting him for lurking, then he dissapeared again... Worth bearing in mind
    Typical of robbiecon, actually. He's in no way cleared but that info tells you nada.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    Chaotix got attacked by the old air/earth scum pair (who started out as earth/fire) and ATPG got attacked by the single fire guy who switched to water (since the fire guy is missing). There, wasn't too hard to figure out.
    Wait, what?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I'm back, going to reply to the recent posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    I'm back, going to reply to the recent posts.
    You're a bad man for attacking Chaotix. You've got the poor lad so confused and wounded that he wanted to vote you items.

I haven't seen him that confused since either Diana or myself were the ones yanking his chain.

Congrats for joining the club, but still, as a scumbag, you must die. Only when you flip scum will Chaotix be cured of his disease.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCow64 View Post
    Visor, that means he would be the other person and he would be guareenteed town. There's no way they're scum.

Also, be really suspicious of the Water College, as using mathematical induction I have worked out that they have probably recruited half the town. I won't say that I'm free from bias, but I still would think they were suspicious even if I wasn't a Pyromancer. I, for one, would kill Chaotix today, the scummy little water baby. Because I really trust ATPG. And when I say I really trust him, I REALLY trust him, if you get my drift.
    Not sure how they're guarenteed scum, OP says they are at the start, not throughout, and I'm not entirely sure of the workings. Your maths is appalling. And please stop insinuating stuff when you're dead. "I can't say anything cause I'm dead but lynch x?" Please use in thread reasoning.

Outside of the town?
    Doing at night, nothing except study (standing orders, both in-game and IRL).
    Faction, unaligned, unless this means what college. Much more I can't say.
    Again, the unaligned part, elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Visorslash and White_Eyes, this will go down as probably the most howlingly bad play you've ever made in a mafia game.

El Barto is my mason partner. He's water, I'm air. There are no other mason partners. I can't fathom what nonexistent logic is driving your play. So far, your silly little club has attacked me, and others of my college, after explicitly being warned both times that it was beyond unproductive.

It is impossible, utterly impossible, for either myself or El Barto to be scum, in this game, ever.
    We haven't attacked you. You set up your own demise, all you had to do was get Takhisis to say that ATPG was his mason, and attack averted, lynch averted, and you didn't have to be outed. You guys messed it up, and that is what set us up.

Pathetic is the bandwagon against us.
    From what I read in the thread and in the Water College QuickTopic (please, all Colleges have one) I can say that Visorslash is being deliberately obtuse-->, and that White_eyes:D appears to engage in anti-ATPG crusades every once in a while.

So, anybody trying to make a sensible, logical case… please step through door number three.

P.S. I am being nice. But I'm not being noice.
    This isn't an anti ATPG crusade and it is based on some kind of logic. I don't like moles, and neither I assume does White Eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    Once again, I urge everyone to take a look at people who haven't been attacked. I think Arjos is deserving of a bandwagon, but I don't have anything hard. We need to get rid of the distractions or we're going to get mowed.
    Yeah this is a good idea. Ignore the distractions of college and focus on elimination of mafia.
    Also, Chaotix, if I were really a cheat I'd've disclosed the stats of your sword that you so carelessly posted in a QT…
    Not carelessly, and it helps us in the future if he dies.

Vote: White Eyes the lens

You're a bad man for attacking Chaotix. You've got the poor lad so confused and wounded that he wanted to vote you items.

I haven't seen him that confused since either Diana or myself were the ones yanking his chain.

Congrats for joining the club, but still, as a scumbag, you must die. Only when you flip scum will Chaotix be cured of his disease.
    Yeah rightio Pizzaguy. Since when do I undertake ridiculous crusades of freedom and justice as mafia?

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Yeah rightio Pizzaguy. Since when do I undertake ridiculous crusades of freedom and justice as mafia?
    I promise you that when you die and flip scum, which will be very shortly, I will not give you a Nelsonian "Ha ha".

I will plant a bunch of flowers on your grave, out of respect for you.... and grin maniacally as their roots eventually consume nutrients that came from your remains.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I promise you that when you die and flip scum, which will be very shortly, I will not give you a Nelsonian "Ha ha".

I will plant a bunch of flowers on your grave, out of respect for you.... and grin maniacally as their roots eventually consume nutrients that came from your remains.
    You just keep on keepin on.

Anyway, Unvote; Vote: Arjos

Something that people don't seem to realise, you can attack with any element regardless of what college you are from. Headmasters and scum have strong attacks.

I think I attacked either Alsark or Igno last night phase.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Now we're getting somewhere.

Elemental Lens: TinCow

The powerful should share the wealth with those less well-endowed than themselves.

vote: khaan

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

I was invited on N2 to the air college, but I started with 0,1 for that element, so I declined it, hoping to get invited in something better for me...
    Unfortunately it never happened again :(

Been studying ever since...

Vote: issaikhaan for Lenses of Elemental Vision

Vote: robbiecon, as ATPG pointed out, he's pretty much in his silent killer mode...

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Wait, what?
    I'm refering to what element they use to attack, not whatever college they're in.

We can call the scum mr. elemental (since it seems to be a person consisting of the element) and team sandstorm (earth and air mix) if you like.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast