Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The House of Origin [Concluded]

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Default Re: The House of Origin [IN PLAY]

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    Holy nuts, somebody remembers that game?

Way to invoke a 4 year old game with 400 posts.
    Of course I remember it, I was mafia and I won!

Not before getting killed by GH, though. Would've been a total victory, but CR had to settle for last man standing.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

What do i do now?! I can Vig or Protect!

I suppose I just follow my instincts.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    What do i do now?! I can Vig or Protect!
    Protect does not win as you could be killed instead, thus making this choice simple.

Let's hope your instincts are more decisive.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Here's my recommendation
    If you're scum, protect, so they can lynch you tomorrow.
    If you're town, vig, so that you can take out the scum, if any remain :p
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

- yeah - my indecision was more to do with who I'm going to Vig and whether anyone had an opinion on it.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

- yeah - my indecision was more to do with who I'm going to Vig and whether anyone had an opinion on it.
    Whatever your decision is, don't tell anyone else about it and don't post it here.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

And the opinion of me and Jarrema on who you should vig should be obvious for both of us, since I assume neither of us wants to die.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

exactly

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Finally. We could end this. My final judgment would be issued. Choxorn was clawing at the edges of a sealed marble door. I stepped before him, sword held aloft. He turned around, with a panicked look.

“No, no. Honestly, I twun’t doing nothing bad! I just found this!” He said, gesturing to the door. “It’s an exit, if I’m be estimatin’ right.” I raised an eyebrow, suspicious.

“Just gimme a hand, man,” he urged. I had been sure that Choxorn was still a threat to our lord. Still… an exit was the point of these ventures. I sheathed my sword and stood beside him. We pushed as hard as we could, until finally, with a groan, the door slowly began to open. With great effort, we shoved it aside. The sight was… beautiful. Like a feast to a starving man, sunlight poured down on us. The marble floor gave way to earthen ground. The divine city glimmered below us. I couldn’t help but shed a tear.

“Sure is something purty, eh?” He asked, slightly in awe himself.

“We need to find the emperor!” I realized aloud. “Come, my fellow. Let us find our lord, and be gone from this foul place!”

I had thought, upon entering the divine city for the first time, as a glorious conqueror, that there had been no more beautiful sight. I was only partially correct. My loyal master of arms, Elsehan, along with Choxorn and Jarema in tow, found me back at the camp, in a whirl of excitement. When I followed them to the exit and looked down upon the city once again, I couldn’t help but reassess that this was, in fact, the most beautiful sight in the world. To be deprived of the sun, and to have it again, was beyond words. That was why I commissioned the scribe to do so for me. Hopefully it is done well, I would hate to have my name on a shoddy piece of literature to commemorate my survival.

I still do not know exactly what happened in that labyrinth. I do not know what supernatural forces were at work, nor who, if anyone, was plotting my demise. I did not care any longer. I ordered the door sealed once more. No longer would anyone journey into that cursed maze. Besides… I had a brand new Empire to rule.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    TOWN VICTORY

Final Tally:

Alive:

Choxorn
    Jarema
    Lazy McCrow

Lynched:

NinjaCow (D1)
    God Emperor (D2)
    TinCow (D3)
    Andres (D4)
    Montmorency (D5)
    Visorslash (D6)
    GeneralHankerchief (D7)

Killed:

Atheotes (N1)
    JoanK (N1)
    Arjos (N2)
    Bsmith (N2)
    Ironside (N2)
    Zack (N2)
    Chaotix (N3)
    Edse (N3)
    Makrell (N3)
    Riedquat (N3)
    White Eyes (N3)
    Buddhafish (N4)
    Captain Blackadder (N4)
    Askthepizzaguy (N5)
    Autolycus (N5)
    Ishmael (N5)
    Double A (N6)

Attacked:

Ishmael (N1)
    Tincow (N2)
    Ishmael (N4)
    GeneralHankerchief (N5)

Wrath of Khaan:

Kagemusha (D3)
    Xenoneb (D4)
    Jolt (D4)

Roles:

Mafia:

Buddhafish
    Visorslash
    Ironside
    God Emperor

Town:

Elsehan, Master of Arms - Lazy McCrow (Extra powered townie, protect or vig with partner or solo)
    Teysa, Royal Mystic - Chaotix (Investigator, determines if target has killed)

Independent:

S'Ratha, Spirit of Domination - GeneralHankerchief (Possessor Role, required solo survival victory)

Israhaman, Locus of Madness - Montmorency (will just post the PM, simpler)

Israhaman PM

You are Israhaman, Locus of Madness. You are the true villain of House of Origin. The primordial spirit of Insanity, you finally broke free of the weakening seals keeping you trapped in the ancient city. It was you who opened the vault and invited the land’s greatest ruler in. Madness is so… glorious. In it, there is no fear or hesitation, only strength. Your goal is to spread Madness to each corner of the earth, and you will start with this small group. You have overshadowed the body of Alson, Royal Blacksmith. Each night, you may passively meditate and infect a player with Madness. That night, if successful, they will be blocked from all action as Madness inculcates. If targeted a second time(though not necessarily consecutively), they will become indoctrinated, randomly attacking a player other than you from that point on every night, unless their soul is particularly resilient to Madness, which may offer them a chance of breaking free from your control. While madness imbues power, it will only elevate this solo kill attempt’s chance to 50%.

Spreading madness does not preclude you from taking part in other standard night actions.

Your victory conditions are unique in that they operate on a scale, as opposed to simple win-loss. Total victory can be achieved by being alive while all other remaining players, regardless of alignment, are indoctrinated. Total defeat is achieved by having this vessel slain, along with all indoctrinated players. Ending the game with this vessel intact, regardless of other participants victory, will result in major victory. Minor victory is had if slain, but other indoctrinated members survive to end game.

More to come later. Thank you all for playing, and congratulations to all for a well-played game all around. It was a joy to host once again.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well played. Here was my PM:

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan
    You are S’Ratha, spirit of domination. You have were imprisoned in this labyrinth by the gods as an abomination, unfit for the free world. You feed upon the spirits of the living, taking control of their bodies for a time until it has served its purpose is done. When you sensed intruders in your prison, you knew the time for escape was at hand. As such, you possessed the body of Faltin, commander of the royal barracks. For now, it will serve as an able locus. Each night, you may extend your spirit to overshadow and control another player. You may have them attempt any one of the following night actions: vigilante kill, protection, watching, commit suicide, or you may attempt to be creative if you run it past me first. Their success rate will depend on the capability of those you possess, but will usually run at 50%, with the exception of suicide, which will almost always be 100% if you succeed in possessing them. While you are doing this, you may still attempt normal night actions with your host, Faltin, but such actions will be doomed to failure as your primary focus will be on the second host. You may also attempt normal night actions while not possessing another and have normal success chances. To achieve victory, you must be the last one standing.

You are partnered with Chaotix

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    In general I thought my nighttime strategy was pretty good. Chaotix actually told me he'd be scanning me N1, so I held off from killing then to throw him off. After that, it was off to the races. In the day, I just generally stumbled through trying to make sense of things, as I would have done if I was a townie. On some occasions I realized what was going on at night probably more than a lot of other people did, such as when I was unable to possess Visorslash the night before he got lynched.

The final night, I possessed Double A and sent the order to "defend himself to the death" since I knew a Lazy vig hit would be coming. I thought this would work out well for me either way, since if Double A managed to beat off Lazy he'd be the easy lynch that day and I'd cruise to victory. If Lazy still managed to blast through Double A (which is what happened) it would be a little harder but I was still confident that I'd be able to get Lazy lynched. Alas, I wasn't able to execute this plan and you guys were able to see through what I was saying (though I still maintain that my cover story was good, it was a general "scummy vibe" that did me in).

At the very least I can say that I was the last scum to survive in the game. Again, well played to the town and thanks to khaan for hosting a really fun one.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Ending the game with this vessel intact, regardless of other participants victory, will result in major victory. Minor victory is had if slain, but other indoctrinated members survive to end game.
    Told ya. I was truthful in all things but one - indoctrination is a two-step process. Also, it's not called Marking, but that would be a rather petty thing to hold against me.

I was correct to kill Buddhafish. I did at least that much for the town. May my miraculous late-game mobilization of the entire town be forever commemorated in song: Israhaman the Savior.

Would you vig, if I asked you to vig?
    Or would you lurk, and never look back?
    Would you cry, if you saw me dying?
    And would you save my life, tonight?

Would you tremble, if I ordered your death?
    Would you revolt? Oh please tell me this.
    Now would you die, for the Town that you love?
    Perish in my arms, tonight.

I can be your Stalin, townie.
    I can kill away the scum.
    I will stand by you forever.
    You can lynch me another day.

Would you swear, that you'll always obey?
    Or would you lie? Would you run and hide?
    Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?
    Give me all your information, tonight.

Oh, I just wanna save you.
    I just wanna direct you, oh yeah.
    Tell me your ability, tonight.

I can be your Stalin, I can kill away the scum
    (I can be your Stalin, townie)
    And I will stand by you, forever
    And I can be your leader.

Visorslash: My spirit apparently took him as a vessel when he placed the final vote onto me. I did not know of this ability. Good thing he was lynched, though - he had convinced me of his townieness. So I technically got you a second scum with that. More points for the crushing barrage I launched at GH!

Very well played to all. The God Emperor lynch was surprisingly...and the death of Ironside the same night was quite a boon.

GH did the right thing in taking the loss for town. I got the impression that townies have it hard in his games. Has town ever before won in a Khaan game?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Excellent game and a thrilling finish!

For future reference, I never pretend to have no idea what's going on. If I claim that, I mean it. Come on, guys, I can come up with better covers than that if I'm a mafia. :p

Now, I might still claim that as a non-townie, it just means I'm telling the truth while still not being townie. Hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Told ya. I was truthful in all things but one - indoctrination is a two-step process. Also, it's not called Marking, but that would be a rather petty thing to hold against me.

I was correct to kill Buddhafish. I did at least that much for the town. May my miraculous late-game mobilization of the entire town be forever commemorated in song: Israhaman the Savior.

Would you vig, if I asked you to vig?
    Or would you lurk, and never look back?
    Would you cry, if you saw me dying?
    And would you save my life, tonight?

Would you tremble, if I ordered your death?
    Would you revolt? Oh please tell me this.
    Now would you die, for the Town that you love?
    Perish in my arms, tonight.

Would you swear, that you'll always obey?
    Or would you lie? Would you run and hide?
    Give me all your information, tonight.

Oh, I just wanna save you.
    I just wanna direct you, oh yeah.
    Tell me your ability, tonight.

I can be your Stalin, I can kill away the scum
    (I can be your Stalin, townie)
    And I will stand by you, forever
    And I can be your leader.

Visorslash: My spirit apparently took him as a vessel when he placed the final vote onto me. I did not know of this ability. Good thing he was lynched, though - he had convinced me of his townieness. So I technically got you a second scum with that. More points for the crushing barrage I launched at GH!

Very well played to all. The God Emperor lynch was surprisingly...and the death of Ironside the same night was quite a boon.

GH did the right thing in taking the loss for town. I got the impression that townies have it hard in his games. Has town ever before won in a Khaan game?
    Grr. I was hoping that by being open with the claim they would realise (or think) that it would be suicide to claim that as mafia. Unfortunately no-one thought of that, so I didn't get away with it. Lack of logic saves the town.

Up till that point, I thought we still had a chance. Oh well. Good game Khaan, thanks for hosting.

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/Q2V3Mgj2aVC

Quicktopic, not much of note in it, normally I'm much more active.

Things of note: Ironside dying randomly hurt us, and so did GE's lynch (the only time I have EVER seen a person lynched because they voted for a dead guy (CFC is rife will people doing it), and he happens to be my mafia partner.), saying I suspected BUddhafish was necessary, but maybe backfired. Finally, the decision to claim roleblocked was bad, as people don't like logic in mafia, and if you start to take the logical angle, people lynch you.

@JoanK Hi there.

@BSmith (We killed JoanK.)
    Last edited by Visor; 11-02-2012 at 03:41.

Here are the QTS for my team, and for myself and Ishmael. I am predominant:

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/c23aFN4YC3rhy
    http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/FJDDHPXXGiSHw
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I got the impression that townies have it hard in his games. Has town ever before won in a Khaan game?
    One very old game, poorly formatted game, Mafia Mongolica.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Superb! Good old fashioned scum detection wins the day; makes me proud to be a townie. Well played to all, particularly GH. I didn't even raise an eyebrow in his direction until the final day.

Thanks for a great game 'khaan.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Oh man. GH you must have been laughing to yourself every time I popped in just to defend you.

I am somewhat surprised that I thought "possessor role, Spirit Mafia" right after GH's death write-up, with almost zero knowledge of what had actually been going on during the night phases besides reading the write-ups. I am more surprised that I was correct.

Anyway, great game khaan, I enjoyed it even being dead for most of it.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Excellent game and very exciting end game that kept me glued on my stool. This game is proof that postcount isn't everything. Well done, 'khaan

And well played GH and all other scum
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

great game and writeups (even though I have no idea what was going on for the most time)

now, when this game is over, maybe some of you will join my large mafia Academy of Magic?
    It is here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...Magic-SIGN-UPS

To be honest, I would welcome even semi-active players, as this game needs some cannon fodder too.

Now, I will become pathetic: please, help me. Last time I tried to host large game, I didnt find enough players. I do not want to suffer this fate again

Thanks and praise be to the host for an excellent game with awesome write-ups. I don't know when I'll get to land a role like that again, so I'm glad I go through to the end, as it was by far the most tense and exciting mafia experience I;ve had - without being too stressful :)

Town couldn't have done it without my loyal partner Autolycus, who was far more effective as a scum hunter and didn't berrate me too much for my poor choice of Vig-targets (sorry again to those of you who died unnecessarily) and Glad the Vig order on Choxorn didn't need to go through - If you say you don't know what's going on in the future I shall believe it, but still lynch you for it - unless of course someone more suspicious comes along :D

Monty - You are insane indeed :)

I'm very surprised that mafia didn't target me after I claimed town power role - if anyone can shed some light on that it would be good. Mafia didn't have too long to make too many long-winded plans, but I feel sure the game would have gone on longer if they'd killed me - or if one of the SKs had forced me to suicide or something.

Bad luck scum!

Thanks again khaan - look forward to the next one.

Because I went along with all the vigs (by the time you claimed it was only me and Buddha, and Buddha was on the vigging block). So I became mister townie then onwards.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    great game and writeups (even though I have no idea what was going on for the most time)

now, when this game is over, maybe some of you will join my large mafia Academy of Magic?
    It is here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...Magic-SIGN-UPS

To be honest, I would welcome even semi-active players, as this game needs some cannon fodder too.

Now, I will become pathetic: please, help me. Last time I tried to host large game, I didnt find enough players. I do not want to suffer this fate again
    It would be a shame if you had to cancel your game, it looks very interesting. Signed up and put an ad on the FP. Perhaps @Askthepizzaguy can find some more people interested in a fantasy RPG-mafia game on the other fora he frequents?
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

It would be great. I advertize this game at the 3 fora where I play (here, twc, civfanatics), but nowhere else.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I'll give it a shot. How many people are you short?

Somehow I managed to snag 31 players at total war center, of all places. This is a place where 20 players is an achievement.

Also, ham.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

1. thank you
    2. I need minimum of 24 players to go with game. But, I think that game design is of such character, that the more players the better. I would be really satisfied with 30 participants

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Town couldn't have done it without my loyal partner Autolycus, who was far more effective as a scum hunter and didn't berrate me too much for my poor choice of Vig-targets (sorry again to those of you who died unnecessarily) and Glad the Vig order on Choxorn didn't need to go through - If you say you don't know what's going on in the future I shall believe it, but still lynch you for it - unless of course someone more suspicious comes along :D
    I am surprised Choxorn survived....it's a good thing I never mentioned that he was our mysterious 6th vigger, I was planning to include.(Time sort of messed this up) He was even my starting partner, yet I never once did a action with him....I regret that now.

Glad to see my hunch's were not WAY out in left field this time....makes me nervous for next time though.

Good game everyone.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    I am surprised Choxorn survived....it's a good thing I never mentioned that he was our mysterious 6th vigger, I was planning to include.(Time sort of messed this up) He was even my starting partner, yet I never once did a action with him....I regret that now.

Glad to see my hunch's were not WAY out in left field this time....makes me nervous for next time though.

Good game everyone.
    I was really broken up that you had died. You were the guy I was puppeteering at the start of the game when I took out Ironside and Makrell. I never found a reliable vessel afterwards.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I was really broken up that you had died. You were the guy I was puppeteering at the start of the game when I took out Ironside and Makrell. I never found a reliable vessel afterwards.
    Your kidding?? So I killed Ironside?

I hope my vote provoked that because I totally was thinking I was being framed after he was killed. Does Lazy have some kind of supernatural sense to sense scum? Because he played an almost perfect game...mostly.
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 11-03-2012 at 01:19.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    Your kidding?? So I killed Ironside?

I hope my vote provoked that because I totally was thinking I was being framed after he was killed.
    In a way, it did. One of my initial plans was to simply have you kill the person you voted for every night, since I knew it would drive you crazy. But after that night I decided to scrap that idea, funny though it would have been.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast