Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1438

Thread: French Revolution Mafia [Concluded]

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: French Revolution Mafia [In Play]

Actually when you tracked me is irrelevant, in a game with roleblocking why would you even ask?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I was gonna just multiquote csargo's iso to hell and annotate but it's a little difficult when half of the stuff requires his responses to others, so I'll just write about it.

He came into the thread day 1 shading Kagemusha for a dumb, obviously not super serious vote on him. The fact that Kage in their entry post voted csargo as well makes a slight red flag pop up. So if both were royalists (Kage already flipped etc) then this could be taken as just another greeting to a wolfbro or whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Hello you new people whose language i hardly understand! I come in peace and vote:Csargo Who is known to be scum more often then not. What say you whose name bears a resemble to the very thing we so much despise?
    I don't know what you're talking about Kage
    My reply to Kage. I've never heard shading before is this what it means: Shading: The technique of making somebody look guilty or scummy. How did I make Kage look scummy with that post? I don't understand how you could interpret that as anything other than an unserious post.

Secondly came the voting abstain. There were two perfectly plausible wagons on Day 1. Myself and Jabbz. I'll admit I was a spastic mess day 1 which probably didn't help people read me as a villager, but from an outsider's perspective there was always a wolf in either myself or Jabbz.
    With hindsight it's easy to say that, but it doesn't follow at all. It's funny you waited until the last minute to vote Jabbz a few minutes before the end of day one.

Choxorn calls him out on this, saying that voting abstain makes it seem like you're trying to put some sort of effort into solving when in actuality you haven't at all. After that was brought up, he just accepted it and instead voted for no lynch. Says he wasn't around EOD1 which is fair, but the immediate switch instead of defending an actual reason t ovote abstain could have potentially been in an attempt to appease someone he knows isn't a Royalist.
    My abstaining is an homage to player who used to play mafia here. I like to do it, and this is the first game I've played in a while that allowed it. It's personal preference. Renata knows:

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    Abstain, courteously.

Ah, nostalgia.
    Yeah, Choxorn called me out he sure did. How is switching to No Lynch a move to appease Choxorn? I didn't do what he wanted, in fact I did the exact opposite of what he wanted. It was clearly antagonistic, annoying rather than appeasement. I don't think he was appeased by that.

Honestly, the rest of his ISO is just a lot of fluff.

It didn't make sense to me until it dawned that we killed two Royalists between day 1 and night 1. It means csargo has been operating alone for a long long LONG while. Then I thought "Oh wait but what if there are more????????????????" and then realized the game would be over by now.

Essentially, csargo has just been trying to skate by and lurk UTR until it's time to bring fire and get the last lynch in before winning the game as the last Royalist.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tally unchanged:

Csargo: 3 | Manasi (1330), Zack (1345), Choxorn (1347)
    Manasi: 1 | Csargo (1316)

Round ends:
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

I was going to re-read but I'm at the airport now, so uh, glgl.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    hi hi hihihihih hi hi hi hihihi hihi hi hi i
    button mashing to see if u responded and i'm p sure i broke my finger
    Missed you too Timmy boy
    Just want Zack to lead me to victory. :(

Currently in four games someone send help.
    Vote: Renata

pls
    Soooooo... How long are these phases?

Why's it so slow? :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack
    Read the rules bub.
    I dun wanna.
    48/24 WHAT IS THIS ZACK WHAT HAVE YOU MADE ME SUBMIT MYSELF TO FUCK KJFGHWRKJGWHKEJHWKEGJHK
    Look I did it can we be friends again miss you
    Omgosh what is this thanks thing I love it
    Quote Originally Posted by NAC
    Greetings

Lets put Manasi out of her misery
    Vote: Manasi
    Hey Euro how about you be right for once buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Manasi
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor
    There's no way I'm going to be able to keep up if the game lengthens by 100 posts every three hours.

Vote: Manasi.
    Eh? I'm not even posting that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    My first vote in any game can be safely disregarded. I was actually being serious though.
    It's ok. I'm multitabling so I won't be able to 600 post like I have before. You're safe from my spam bby.
    ATPG's List Day 1
    This is a lot of reads for seemingly a lot of fluff stuff. ATPG idk if we've ever played together, I just remember you yelling at me for an MU game. Are you the goatest?

That was my thought. Wagon analysis and 11 town reads at this point in the game? Not sure if I buy that's legitimate.
    Yeah nah I don't believe he actually believes it, maybe just reaction testing or something.
    Talk about me, who cares about those other people.
    r e t w e e t
    I mean about me... Not Zack.

Obviously.

This is going awfully fast for a 48/24 game, at least when it comes to reads.

Unsure if this is typical Pizza play but willing to sheep on that for now.

Renata's scatterbrained approach to this game isn't something I've seen before, so many she's just a wolf. Could be factored into the fact that she's possibly more comfortable playing on here than on MU? I don't know. I'm sticking with what I think on that for now.

Also haven't really seen Zack play this seriously in a while. I think it's ~more within his villa range.

Atheotes has already done more in this thread than I think I've seen in any other game combined. (No offense).

Das a villager.
    Things just seem to be developing more quickly than usual.

How do I devolve everything back to my comfort zone aka shitposting?

Someone help.
    *your perception

sorry for the multiple posts. i did not think i was mostly alone here.
    It's okay. I'm here for the time being.
    I think you are only the second person to post reads. i actually found the thread to be pretty light on content and low on read than i expected. Not sure if everyone is being cagey due to the game setup.
    it is typical Pizza and for me it is not AI. tbh, i am yet to see any strong votes and i consider all votes so far to be RVS.
    Renata is definitely more comfortable here. But she does seem a little self aware.
    Zack and Pizza being serious with each other is NAI for me.
    i havent done anything good in this game so far. so you must be going by post count. But your conclusion is correct. so i will let it slide

i have slight town read on Lewwyn
    Nulls
    Slight scum lean on Barto (its not OMGUS)
    I only have reads on the people I know/have played with. Like I said, thread seemed to get pretty solvey pretty quickly, just from a standpoint of questioning.

Pretty sure on MU you just lurk until like two hours before EoD, so I'd call all of this PRETTY ATYPICAL.
    It's how she plays on the org, and it is different, regardless of how much she might protest when I tell her on MU that she's not playing like I'm used to.
    Weirddddd, how can you just change on sites like that?

I guess you are too but... More hesitant about Renata in general.
    He's being fairly weird, which is more or less typical Pizza play, but it's the kind of typical Pizza play that I could easily see him do regardless of his alignment.
    Hey I've seen you before. Hi!

Okay, noted, thanks!
    Dear diary,

someone said a nice thing about me today
    I say nice things about you every day :(
    I'ma get off PC. See you guys on the flipside.
    Let me have fun, Monty. I never have fun.
    You're a lot more like me on this site.

You're never allowed to complain about me shitposting ever again for as long as I live.

Capiche?
    Heehee. Can I still complain about volume? The 600 posts per day thing makes it very hard for me to sort through the noise and I think makes me a worse player.
    I'm not 600 posting though. It helps when Zack and I are posting from different accounts.
    Big post from Jabbz just to end up being inconclusive.

Nice.
    Mostly yes. More importantly I'm trying to get my thought processes down on record. If I can't commit to some hard votes when there isn't enough data to do so, I can at least put down something for people to compare later when they are trying to figure out if I'm scum. I mean I guess I could have kept on with the jokes, but your fedora is doing enough of that for us all I think :P
    Zack picked it for me. Thanks!

Someone teach me math. Day ends tomorrow at 10 AM est?

Also is such slow wagoning/voting to be expected from the rest of the game?

Is it suddenly going to pick up traffic in the next 12 hours or are games usu pretty low volume?
    yes, yes, no
    Meh, okay.

Not sure how I feel about that.
    Okay so first of all what the fuck people actually abstain from voting for a lynch phase hugh mungus wot.
    Well, I was playing by the wrong set of rules (I'm used to playing in the recruitment thread on my other forum) and took entirely too long to realize that the game had started. Now I see a couple of wagons with way more information than I have time right now to parse through, so I am not going to skew things with an uninformed vote. I'll abstain, and catch up on what I need to over the weekend.
    There are like 300 posts that takes like maybe 30 minutes to get through and have some sort of gist is this a joke
    Feel free to do something wild and crazy to liven it up.
    WHY ARE NIGHT PHASES A WHOLE DAY

is this game going to last a month

i'm so mad at you right now
    You can't be serious.
    And don't call me Shirley etc.
    Manasi and I are obviously town; I rounded down.
    I don't like this from Renata we've never gotten along in a game we've played and I'm not sure why she's trying to buddy up hella hard this game.

Someone jot that down.
    See the problem is I can pepper the thread with reads and thoughts and shitposts but everyone seems to not be around or be disengaged to a level that I don't know if I can comprehend. I'd do something wild and exciting but there would need to be people around for that to be a real thing right.

rip dead get out of the thread Renata
    how do i shats this game

do we get shats
    So you don't enjoy having a day to take a break from the game? I know that playing too many 36/12s has kind of burnt me out, and having the day to reconsider people and do ISOs can only be a good thing for me.
    I.

Love.

phase length was in signup thread it's your own fault
    Yeah but you knew that I could never say no to it so it could be a 3 week 1 week day phase and I still would have said okay
    Lettuce discuss something.

Like...

This photo.
    she has the attention span of a toddler
    That's not truuuuuuuuuue.
    WHY IS IT SO SMALL THIS IS RIDICULOSU
    What's so weird about 24-hour phases, anyway? That's the norm everywhere I've ever played.
    You're weird stop that.
    Also not 100% how I feel about these single quote thingos but I mean I guess it's the same on pog so
    Tbh, the phase length is mostly for *me* to get a break from having to write flavor every single day.

That flew when I was in high school and college, I'm a working adult now, I need my time off!
    Why are you responding to something I've said

MOD COMMUNICATION

WHAT IS THIS SITE

I do not like this Sam I Am.
    Aw helllllll yeah it's gif time.
    omg remember that piece of shit kid in the back left ommmgg what a geek that's what i think of when i see zack
    OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

YOU HAVE AWOKEN

THE GREAT STONE DRAGON

why do you fill this thread with lies
    marry me
    I think Zack is town from this, don't think that they would be this free-flowing as mafia. Speaking of which, Zack, please tell me, how does one read a manasi?
    ZACK IS THE ONE WHO'S FREE FLOWING?

I definitely can be and have been. Shitposts are not alignment-indicative for me.

Shrug your shoulders and hope she gets killed.

You'll never know how your words wound me.
    One doesn't.

A town read is not a case. You're fired. I'm sheeping Pizza instead.

unvote: Montmorency
    vote: Arakhor

For awkwardness unbecoming a member of the Glorious People's Revolution of Treacle Mine Road France.

I'm still kinda depressed that Monty wimped out instead of getting his faction to beat me up, though.
    You don't fukin sound depressed bub.
    * hope we both get killed so we can lol in dvc
    ok

c u in th emorning bye
    Okay. unvote, Vote:No Lynch
    this is getting ridiculous
    This game is going to be post heavy enough without a constant flow of meaningless posts. I vote Manasi with hopes of reducing that flow.
    Honestly with how it's gone so far with a 48 HOUR DAY I highly doubt that.
    I OWN THIS PAGE REKT WOLVES.
    nvm this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz
    We've had this discussion Zack. I don't really find much of anything to operate on the first day. If I had something more concrete I would vote on it. In the meantime, Manasi is throwing out a whole host of meaningless posts that do nothing but pad his post count and muddy the waters. That's as good a reason as any other for day 1.
    What's the point in padding a post count when the count itself is never utilized?
    WHAt the fuck stop
    Vote: Jabbz
    I'd say I'm sorry for trying to liven up the game but the truth is I'm not. With what was given ITT before, there wasn't nearly enough information or interactions available to make any sort of educated opinion on a lynch.
    Everyone needs to have a little game solving fun sometimes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Manasi Day 1

Posts~66

There's not much to say here, I'd guess 90-95% of this is not valuable in forming a opinion. The other parts are sort of eh, questioning ATPG's list and throwing out opinions on a few people. Waited almost the entire day to vote Jabbz, so there's a hesitation there from someone who just said:

but from an outsider's perspective there was always a wolf in either myself or Jabbz.
    Added the from outsider's perspective as throw a negative light on my unwillingness to switch from No Lynch, which is fair, and to cover for the fact that there was a massive delay in switching to Jabbz. There were a large number of townies that were off wagon, including Choxorn.

Other posts of interest from scanning.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrdude View Post
    manasi is flipping villager here almost always

we likely had v/v wagons

that's my .02c
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Csargo seems to act too bold to be a scum and i dont like the idea of lynching a first timer at first round, nothing bad at little noice at our silent corner of intenets, so Unvote and Vote:Bsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by monstr
    See the problem is I can pepper the thread with reads and thoughts and shitposts but everyone seems to not be around or be disengaged to a level that I don't know if I can comprehend. I'd do something wild and exciting but there would need to be people around for that to be a real thing right.

rip dead get out of the thread Renata
    I feel like this is probably villagery

now I have two villagers

#progress
    More to look through.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post

Manasi Day 1

Posts~66

There's not much to say here, I'd guess 90-95% of this is not valuable in forming a opinion. The other parts are sort of eh, questioning ATPG's list and throwing out opinions on a few people. Waited almost the entire day to vote Jabbz, so there's a hesitation there from someone who just said:

Added the from outsider's perspective as throw a negative light on my unwillingness to switch from No Lynch, which is fair, and to cover for the fact that there was a massive delay in switching to Jabbz. There were a large number of townies that were off wagon, including Choxorn.

Other posts of interest from scanning.

More to look through.
    Monstr was IN OUR FACTION. He would have defended EITHER OF US.

He was probably attempting an easy pocket on account of us being friends from MU or whatever.

Why would monstr spew "both of his Royalist bros" as villagers if one of them is going to flip scum anyway? I was read town well enough without him trying to give any influence. If anything, it was him trying to make it look like he was playing the game. Ez reads all around.

As for the late switch, I feel only Zack can speak to my play re: this. I never vote early. It makes me uncomfortable as a player and I don't do it. I generally slank for a while on voting until I have a good enough reason to. On that day, Zack voting there and me having to vote for some sort of self preservation is reason enough. You can look through any other game I've played on any site ever, me voting early isn't something that happens.

Sometimes I wait too long and people maj without me voting for anything... It's quite a flaw, I'd say.

I'm just going to leave out the content that's not really related to the game at this point, because it's pointless and time consuming. The quote system is awful and I hate it immensely.

Manasi Day 2

I'm clearing Zack gtfo.
    Calls Monty villager #505

Vote: NotACop
    I don't even think this is a bad vote, I just think it's funny that LITERALLY NOBODY reacted to it.
    Slight derp clear but Royalists know the whole Royalist team right?

Don't clear me for this thanks.
    Sorry I was away for the first half of this day. The other populists can confirm that I said I was going to be away for the latter half of the night, and that carried over to the first half of the day.

If you look at the order of the votes, you'll see that the second vote on Jabbz happenedafter I voted for BSmith, so he wasn't on my radar at the time. I didn't vote for Montmorency, because especially on day 1, a bunch of votes in quick succession can go from pressure to bandwagon in no time flat. He and Renata are welcome to think my rationale for counterwagoning away from Renata was bogus, but it was the truth. Renata playing an extra out there style of play was interesting to me.

In terms of my suspicions, Arakhor is part of my faction. He does seem more faction-focused than scum-hunting, but I won't pile on there yet. If there's a populist scum, he would be my pick. Both NotACop and atheotes need to wake up. Of the people who are actually talking, I'm actually probably most suspicious of vote: Montmorency. The defense of Snerk is persuasive, but it begs the question, "Why was Jabbz the higher priority save?". Also, missing the order of vote is not a mistake I would expect from Montmorency.
    If my above post is true, then Jabbz was I suppose a higher priority save just due to the fact that he was scum, right? Maybe I'm missing your point, but other scum would be a lot more pressured to save their teammate than a random villager.

That being said, I don't really think Montmorency is scum but to each their own.
    Likeeeeeeeeeee.

Royalists know who the other Royalists are, not necessarily what faction they're slipped into, but like.

At least the players?

Fuckin idk nevermind.
    Does arakhor have any thoughts on people not voting him?
    Meh, seems like his only scum pushes are on the people voting on him. He's not even really calling them scum though. In #579/580 he seems to just kinda be like "Yeah ATPG you've done this as scum so basically why am I supposed to be calling you a villager" and it just seems to be in an attempt to get people to find ATPG scummy on account of almost paranoia...
    Vote: NAC

etc etc no sheeperino
    I can take a look, certainly. I haven't been online much because I've simply not been feeling up to it, but I'll make an effort today.

It was more that Pizza has complained before that he doesn't like always leading the town, that he's done the whole "leading the town" bit successfully when scum and that on Day One, no less, he suddenly started issuing statements from on high about whom not to vote for (with zero reasoning that I could discern) and considered it scummy for me to dare to question him, rather than simply agreeing and asking for whom to vote instead.

At no point did I suggest that he (or anyone else) was scummy, merely that (by necessity in a multi-faction game like this) his motives cannot possibly be as pure as he claims.
    Then the same question I asked earlier of everyone still stands.

Why are you just talking about his play and expressing no read whatsoever?

He's posted approximately a metric fuckton of times and you still are only narrating his meta instead of using that to come to an actual opinion.
    Ofc I wasn't an option I'm the most cleared person in the game.

Arakhor

Gn sweet scum.
    don't call my shot terrible wtf.

The beginning of Day 2 looks kinda good, there's some solving intent there imo. Voted with Zack almost always which is odd. Shot Arakhor, which I and the rest of the faction was on board with. Then just disappears afterwards, and doesn't contribute much after that. There's a decisive shift in play from D1 to D2 far more reserved with posting comparatively speaking.

Day 3:

Yeah Sooh posted a few times iirc.

I'd feel more comfortable with Snerk f w i w .

But I'm not gonna be around super often today just because exam etc.

SHEEP ME ZACK
    Story of my life.

I actually kinda forgot I was playing this oops.

I'll be back ITT in like 10 mintues brb.
    I lied.

NOW I'm here.

Exam? nothing much here.

Day 4:

Vote: Yes ????????????????????????????????????????????

Also did Snerk say Renata was a good vote?
    Senior Guy, it's odd because she was the 2nd-most prolific poster for those first two days.
    I'm heeeeeeeeere.

The site I play on mostly has really high volume, so I tried to play like that the first two days since it's what I'm used to. Now that I realized games on here are insanely slow I just kinda read the thread and only post every now and then because it just seems like what goes on here and I odn't want to like spam or post stuff that nobody will read anyway.
    I like Winston's case on Manasi, but are you serious with the writeup thing? cmon man
    Lmao what.

Okay two things.

What.

People read flavor for reads?

Also no, I didn't kill Renata.

Our faction only had scum reads on two/three ish people ITT and I thought 2/3 were villagers, and since most people were gone I took the shot on the person I didn't have a strong read on.

I can understand the line of thought of two separate factions being wagoned EoD1, right? One flipping scum makes it pretty simply put that the other (meeeeeeeee) isn't a Royalist. I can't tell you how many Royalists are left in the game, but I know that my faction + like 3 other people are clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Csargo
    Also, don't know why Monty is so interested in our qt. Our faction has been basically butchered by vigs and the lynch of Dp101. I don't think Manasi is scum at this point for what it's worth.
    Meh, it's not worth much but I don't really pop in/out nearly as much as scum. I try to stay active ITT as much as I can in order to make sure nothing goes horrendously wrong.

(Obviously this game I haven't done that... soz DP)

But that's all self meta stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Csargo
    Vote:autolycus
    Vote:Yes

Don't think Manasi killed Renata, actually I'm pretty positive she didn't. Also, it's hilarious that you're using the write-up to make an argument...

I'm voting purely because monstrdude said El Barto would be a good vig target...
    Monstr was a Royalist tho.

Light bussing ITG.
    Kind of okay with Zack's hard defense of Winston I GUESS.

Think it's still worth looking at whatever the fuck Snerk is doing.
    Monstr supported vig'ing Snerk AND Barto.

Brb finding more dumb spew stuff that could save at least one of those two (much to my dismay).
    Al Sipsclar: Inactive. Lynchworhty
    Autolycus: Kinda inactive. Lynchworthy from my POV
    Choxorn: A little bit scummy d1 IMO but I find myself agreeing with his stuff now.
    Csargo: Null. So kinda scummy then?
    Dp101: Top pick for scummy bus vote d1.
    El Barto: Lynchworhty. Is within town meta though.
    Lewwyn: On Jabbz wagon so town for now.
    Manasi: Makes random-y snipe on Arakhor. But is town due to d1 I guess?
    Montmorency: Kinda running the show in my faction. Perhaps my top pick for scum within the faction for the Jabbz thing. But also if town then easily MVP in faction. So yeah.
    NotACop: A fair lynch from my POV
    Renata: Town I guess.
    Seireikhaan: On Jabbz wagon so town for now too.
    Winston Hughes: Sooh was scummy.
    Zack: Disagrees with 98,76% of posts. Says Auto is important, doesn’t elaborate. Says BSmith wasn’t scum killed, doesn’t elaborate. Says NEVER go to basement on tuesdays, doesn’t elaborate. Town though?
    Okay. So this seems weird. Making reads just for the sake of making reads is p r e t t y scummy I'd say. Everything is flimsy and not really taking a stance on anything after like four trillion days.

Especially because a lot of this seems super made up and just posted for the sake of having some thread presence. Isn't wagon analysis kinda lol in multifaction stuff anyway? I duno. Maybe the Jabbz stuff holds some importance.

That coupled with Renata being "town, I guess" and then him coming into today wanting to kill her after she flipped in the night isn't a great look.

He didn't seem to have any other progression throughout the rest of the day that would have warranted a flipped read on her.

All of the reasons he has for Zack would almost always be reasons to read someone scum but still defaults to him being a villager.

All in all, I think there are a lot of holes in this, a lot of fluff.
    It's just kinda like: scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, kinda a villager?, maybe a villager?, scum, scum, ????????????????????? villager??, kinda a villager?, scum, bullshit villager read. Looking at it like that imo makes it look a lot worse but willing to hear arguments on that. I don't think that wagon is going to exist today but I think he's a prime vig candidate.
    Mm, thought you were talking about the weird shit re: Renata.

Yeah I read the list but have basically been skimming the thread instead of reading things indepthly.

It all came up after reading Monstr's QT posts about who he'd want to kill.

Well, let's put a few notes forward on unlikely pairings:

Not Snerk and Barto
    Not Winston and Auto
    Not Winston and Manasi
    I understand the second one.

Need a little more clarification on the first and third.

Neither Snerk nor Barto have said anything to each other that would make you think otherwise, right? Unless I'm missing some vote stuff which I don't think I am.

I know I've basically ~never spoken to Winston directly this game, and the way it's going I'm not sure if I will. It could be the best form of distancing the world has ever seen. He's voting on me, but the reason was just kind of a /shrug reason.
    why is everyone in your faction clear manasi?

btw same is true for my faction
    Meh, the way the QT is going we're both trying to figure out the optimal way we can win. It doesn't seem like any sort of ulterior motives can be seen, which were actually pretty apparent in the way that Monstr was posting in both the thread and the QT. It just seems like we're trying to analyze our way through the rest of the game for the sake of our faction and nothing else.

ur faction can smd
    But if by your own admission your faction hasn't even been talking in the QT since D2, what solving and analysis are we talking about exactly?
    Well our faction was kinda directed by someone who's dead so we're trying to harden up and run the squad ourselves. Can't speak for bae but I know I found it really difficult to get involved and understand the mechanics to a point that I'd be comfortable trying to take any action for the benefit of the faction.
    Barto def the scummier of the two.

Vote: El Barto
    Ya Snerk sorry first game on this site so didnt really think of comparing meta.

When I say made up I mean really uncertain. Easy to say to make people believe that you believe it.

If that makes sense.

Improvement over end D2 and D3. Goes after Snerk, and then Barto.

Including WH case because it's interesting, and I think it's a good case.

Quote Originally Posted by WH
    I'm looking at her ISO, as well as the events around the wagons on her and Jabbz, and wondering if Manasi could actually be scum here.

I mean, if we were prepared to accept that khaan or Lewwyn might have been bussing when they voted Jabbz, then why not accept that Jabbz might have been bussing when he voted Manasi?

I note that Manasi did not respond in kind - even as Zack stuck his vote on Jabbz in her defence - until much later on, by which time their two wagons were the only game in town with the deadline looming, and the failure to self-pres would look deeply suspect (as Jabbz, being the host of our previous game here, would know only too well).

And then I'm asking myself where's the scum on the Manasi wagon?

Jabbz: 8 | Lewwyn (233), seireikhaan (289), Zack (393), Fenn (442), Renata (445), Manasi (448), ATPG (453), Dp101 (457)
    Manasi: 6 | NotACop (112), Arakhor (115), Jabbz (392), BSmith (416), Logic (419), Snerk (443)
    BSmith: 3 | Al Sipsclar (136), autolycus (287), Kagemusha (436)
    Dp101: 1 | Montmorency (248)
    Csargo: 1 | Choxorn (310)
    atheotes: 1 | El Barto (146)
    Sooh: 1 | Monstrdude (151)
    Askthepizzaguy: 1 | atheotes (216)

No Lynch: 1 | Csargo (388)
    Not voting: 1 | Sooh
    Snerk is the only possibility there, and while he's by no means clear, I'd say that all things considered he looks a good deal less scummy than Manasi at this point.

And look at Kage's vote there as well. With Jabbz, Manasi and BSmith in the frame, he votes BSmith right when Manasi is picking up steam.

I think Manasi is very comfortable shitposting as either alignment, but looking at her ISO here I'm not seeing much - if any - evidence of townie thought process or genuine solving.

And then there's her quietude since D2, including on D3 with her weird pop-in followed by her immediate disappearance again after I tried to engage her:

I lied.

NOW I'm here.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH
    Awww. Just when I'm about to hit the sack.

Do you think I'm scum?
    As some of you know, I love asking this question when I'm a townie in the poe. The main reason is that a good, reasoned answer in either direction helps me to identify a townie thought process. But, it also has a side benefit of being the kind of direct question that can make scum feel quite uncomfortable.

Simply disappearing after being asked, when you've literally only just reappeared after a long absence, does not look good at all.
    Day 5:

Quote Originally Posted by Zack
    POPULISTS:

Zack

MONTAGNARDS:

Lewwyn

MILITARISTS:

Csargo
    Manasi

GIRONDIN:

Choxorn
    NotACop
    O.

I thought NAC was in your faction.

Z z z z z z z z. I was just gonna ask you what you thought of him.
    Are you serious, he was publicly revealed to not be a royalist.
    RIP forgot.

Okay, so what's the game plan?

Pretty sure that csargo is pure so means there might be one in Lewwyn/Chox assuming there is (at least) one alive.

OTHERWISE it's basically a FFA lolgames.
    I'll have you know I've almost been playing this entire game to Zack's win condition as opposed to my own until like, maybe last night.

I'm not a Royalist. I'd care a lot more about the outcome, especially given like 90% of my team got boinked by Day 2.

I'm not going any further, because the rest is fairly recent. I don't see the consistency here overall that I would expect, it's very spastic, off and on after day 2 basically. I don't know if this is how Manasi generally plays, so I'm left in the dark in regards to if this is normal or not for her. Shifting styles after D1, then after the Arakhor shot D2. Altogether becoming far more reserved and toned down. The lack of consistency is what bothers me the most here. Zack and Choxorn have played consistently throughout the game I feel, even though D2-D5 have been a wash for the town overall.

Going to look through Choxorn now because it's a good idea. Not going to waste my time with Zack, because I honestly don't know if he would throw monstr and Kage under the bus with those scans as scum, but seems like a bad move to do that anyways.

Monstr was IN OUR FACTION. He would have defended EITHER OF US.

He was probably attempting an easy pocket on account of us being friends from MU or whatever.

Why would monstr spew "both of his Royalist bros" as villagers if one of them is going to flip scum anyway? I was read town well enough without him trying to give any influence. If anything, it was him trying to make it look like he was playing the game. Ez reads all around.

As for the late switch, I feel only Zack can speak to my play re: this. I never vote early. It makes me uncomfortable as a player and I don't do it. I generally slank for a while on voting until I have a good enough reason to. On that day, Zack voting there and me having to vote for some sort of self preservation is reason enough. You can look through any other game I've played on any site ever, me voting early isn't something that happens.

Sometimes I wait too long and people maj without me voting for anything... It's quite a flaw, I'd say.
    He was talking about you and BSmith from the vote count at the time. The odd thing is he was perfectly comfortable with saying it, but not willing to act to save you. I just find it odd.

Your vote switch is scummy specifically for the fact of the argument you used against me. If it was plainly obvious then why the huge delay from you? How does that follow logically that I should have known and am therefore scummy because of it. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I'm sorry Monty for vigging you, I can kinda see why you acted the way you did, and I'm doubly sorry if you didn't actually kill Renata.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tally unchanged.

Round ends:
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

Voting closed.

Blog Entries

"A man should be mourned at his birth, not at his death."
    ~ Montesquieu

Day 6

It was a long, lonely walk to the guillotine for Csargo.

Oh, sure, he was in the company of other people - some drumming, most jeering, a few praying to the various aspects of Reason or the Supreme Being or some even the old Christian God that this was the last of it, that Csargo was who they were looking for - but he let all of that noise was over him. "In the company of other people" was not the same as "with others". And despite the crowd of hundreds outside the Place de la Revolution in Paris, Csargo was well and truly alone.

He had been for most of the day, he realized. Ever since he and Manasi, the last of the Militarists, the only faction with more than one member remaining, had dissolved their partnership out of paranoia and turned on each other. They had plotted together, voted together, shed blood together - most notably in their coordinated effort to get Montmorency killed out of a desire to fulfill Renata's last wishes - but that did not stop them accusing each other of engaging in nefarious, traitorous deeds.

Hard, brutal math had dictated to each other that their longtime comrade was most likely the enemy. After all, the only two other choices were Zack and Choxorn, and both of them trusted Zack and Choxorn more than they did each other, apparently. And though Choxorn got a vote early in the day from Manasi, soon it became pretty clear that Zack and Choxorn were the swing votes. The two sides made their arguments, Zack and Choxorn thought about it, Csargo and Manasi kept fighting, and Zack and Choxorn decided in favor of Manasi over Csargo. Thus began his long, lonely walk.

It had been a hard road for the Militarists, first realizing that they had been infiltrated by Monstrdude, then losing their most trusted member Fenn, then coming under suspicion for mis-ordering a brazen attack right in the middle of Convention deliberations, then being unable to stop the lynch of Dp101 in what had been the biggest display of factionalism to that point, then finally losing their spiritual leader in Renata. And now this. Elsewhere, Manasi hoped that this was the last of it, and that she could form a coalition government with the Girondins and Populists afterwards, but for Csargo, it didn't matter. He was about to die. What was next for him was an entirely different animal.

He ascended the steps, ruminating over his life's accomplishments as well as his life's regrets, both political and private. Memories flashed by: his upbringing, his favorite old tree in the field outside the town he grew up in, his first kiss, his entry into politics, his first vote, getting that critical piece of legislation passed. Others. None of these memories and thoughts of actions matched the list of crimes that the Convention official was reading off on for the crowd.

He knelt down, taking it all in one last time. Despite all of the violence of the past week (and few years), Paris had never been more beautiful. The people attending his execution were so many, so full of life. If only they knew what it meant to be breaths away from death, perhaps they would treasure their time more. Only now, with the end approaching, did Csargo truly understand this, like the millions of others before him throughout history.

The blade dropped, and Csargo's final ruminations ended. All over, the people of Paris held their breaths.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 6 tally:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still alive (3):
    Choxorn
    Manasi
    Zack

Killed:
    Fenn
    Monstrdude
    Logic
    Kagemusha
    Arakhor
    BSmith
    Askthepizzaguy
    Renata
    autolycus
    Al Sipsclar
    Snerk
    Winston Hughes
    seireikhaan
    Montmorency
    NotACop

Guillotined:
    Jabbz
    atheotes
    Dp101
    El Barto
    Lewwyn
    Csargo

TO BE CONCLUDED

Member thankful for this post:

Blog Entries

The dead may now post in this thread.

However, if they know the result, I ask them not to spoil it.

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Thanks for the game, GH. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I'm sorry Monty for vigging you, I can kinda see why you acted the way you did
    What is this referring to, given that you haven't seen QTs yet?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Ce jeu était dur comme la baise, mais je l'ai trouvé assez agréable tout de même.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

How dare you make us wait. This unresolved tension is going to murder me, how will I survive without the writeup and reveal.

Special game.

Great concept, ingenious set-up, immaculate hosting, brilliant storytelling, and it went the distance.

Blog Entries

"There have been violent revolutions in the world before; but the immoderate, violent, radical, desperate, bold, almost crazed and yet powerful and effective character of these [French] Revolutionaries has no precedents. Where did this new race come from? What produced it? What made it so effective? What perpetuates it? Independently of all that can be explained about the French Revolution, there is something unexplained in its spirit and in its acts. I can sense the presence of this unknown object, but despite all my efforts, I cannot lift the veil that covers it."
    ~ Alexis de Tocqueville

Conclusion

The Committee of Public Safety had been very active during the past week. Commissioned as a sort of executive body in contrast with the National Convention's legislative characteristics, it had been formed to precisely direct France's efforts against her enemies, both external and - especially during the past week - internal. Due to various political sea changes, retirements, and deaths, the Committee's membership had changed quite a bit since its inception, but its overall mission had not. Even now, during the great whittling down of the Convention members, the Committee still continued its work.

With the execution of Csargo, for all intents and purposes the National Convention now was the Committee, as they each had the same three - and three only - members: Zack, Choxorn, and Manasi. As the splendor of the Tuileries Palace was much too overly-grand to house three people doing mostly clerical work, the three of them decided to meet in Zack's office (as he was the seniormost member of the Committee).

"Okay," Zack said, starting things off, "First order of business is continuity of government. With the Convention basically gutted, we need to decide whether to simply refresh the member base or start entirely anew. If we do decide to maintain the Convention structure, the next thing we need to decide is whether the emergency measures will remain in place or whether we will finally adapt Saint-Just's Constitution of 1793."

"Are you joking?" said Choxorn. "Nearly the entire legislative body of France has just been killed off. Of course we need to maintain the emergency measures!"

"Right, but our continued presence here and not in a shallow grave somewhere suggests that Csargo was the final Royalist and that the danger has passed," Manasi said.

"Just so," said Zack, nodding. "Now, Manasi, second order of business?"

"There's been heavy National Guard activity all day," she replied, reading off a report. "While not unusual in of itself considering the present circumstances, this particular activity is of note because, to my knowledge, it has not been cleared with any of us beforehand and we have no idea as to its purpose. I've sent a clarification request to the Commandant, hopefully we'll get his response shortly."

"Does he know we're at this address?"

"Yes."

"Excellent. Choxorn, what news of the war effort?"

Choxorn coughed and adjusted his papers. "There's been a stabilization of fronts the past few days. The British have been as annoying as ever, but the rebellion in the Vendée has seen a startling lack of activity lately, and there are reports of little movement on the Eastern front as well. All in all I'd say it's been a rather pleasant surprise and a fairly solid balancing of the scales considering what's been happening in Paris."

"The drawing-down has made that much of an effect?" Manasi asked.

"It would seem so."

"That's... really stange," said Zack. "Almost a bit too fortuitous, if you ask me. I wonder if there's been any coordination going on..."

At that moment, there was a loud pounding on the door. "Open up, it's the Commandant!" came a voice from outside.

"I'll go see what he wants," Choxorn said, getting up to go outside. Zack and Manasi made idle chatter for a little while, until about two minutes later Choxorn poked his head back in. "There's been some more violence in this part of the city," he said. "They want to move us to a safer location."

"Sacre bleu, when will this ever end?" Manasi muttered, but she got out to join Choxorn just as Zack did - though at the very moment she stepped outside, a rough set of hands grabbed her and pulled her off to the side. "I am a member of the National Convention and of the Committee of Public Safety, a delegate elected and entrusted with maintaining the direction of the Revolution! What is the meaning of this?"

"In the name of the King, you're under arrest!"

"Wait, what?" She looked around for Zack, also grabbed and under control, and saw that he looked just as puzzled as he was.

Then they both looked to Choxorn. He looked unconcerned, even smiling. He was also completely free.

"At the very end, you almost figured it out," he said, a look of vindication on his face. "I looked bad there for a while, what with Jabbz, Monstrdude, and Kagemusha going down before I could blink. But then you all grew complacent. You put petty political rivalries ahead of hunting for the true enemy, not realizing that the absence of the Royalists was what allowed you the freedom to form these factions and rivalries in the first place. Once I survived the violence of 22 Prarial, I knew I was in the clear, so I started coordinating with my allies in the Vendée and the other governments of Europe. I'd say that France has been destroyed enough in your frittering around since 1789 and especially since last year, it would be a shame to destroy any more of the country when order was about to right itself. Luckily, my allies agreed."

Zack looked angry, Manasi crestfallen. But aside from fruitlessly struggling to get free, it was obvious that there was nothing they could do. The violence of the past week had cowed the citizens of Paris, the Guard had swung over back in favor of the Royalists, and the Convention... well, the Convention was about to become extinct.

"Don't worry, it won't be all bad," Choxorn said. "I've arranged for Louis XVII and the incoming government to label you all as misguided patriots, not the traitors that you really are. One of you might even get a burial in the Panthéon."

"History will remember us," Zack said. "Nobody will ever forget what has happened over the past few years. Nothing you do will stop will."

"Oh, I have no doubt that you're right," Choxorn replied. "However, the thing about history is that it judges you far along in the future... in the present, though, where we live and operate, the Revolution is over. And it will not rise again for quite some time, I think."

Zack and Manasi continued to defiantly deliver their last words, but when it came down to it, that was all they were: last words. Surely one of the guards would be recording them for posterity - but he would also be writing down what happened next: Zack and Manasi were summarily shot, the Convention was dissolved, and a few days later the son of the last king would be crowned Louis XVII, de facto inheriting the title that had been de jure his ever since his father had been guillotined.

History would decide whether the brief French Revolution of 1789 to 1793 was the harbinger of a later wave of events to sweep across Europe and the world, or whether it was simply a flash in the pan. In the more immediate moment, though, nobody could deny the main truth: After four-plus years of upheaval and uncertainty, France remained Royalist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The game has ended with a Royalist victory!

The factions:

Montagnards:
    Montmorency
    Jabbz
    Lewwyn
    seireikhaan
    Snerk
    BSmith

Populists:
    autolycus
    Logic
    Zack
    El Barto
    Sooh/Winston Hughes
    Arakhor

Girondins:
    Askthepizzaguy
    atheotes
    Choxorn - last survivor
    NotACop
    Al Sipsclar
    Kagemusha

Militarists:
    Monstrdude
    Manasi
    Renata
    Dp101
    Fenn
    Csargo

UNBELIEVABLE

UNBELIEVABLE

Good game, people. Powerful.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

So first of all a huge congratulations to Choxorn and the rest of the Royalists for pulling it out, and commiserations to the town for a great effort. This game was designed to be very hard to achieve victory, and you should all be commended for giving it your best.

I'll be detailing much more about this game and my thought process over the next couple of days, but first I have to eat dinner and do some other, non-mafia things. In the meantime, here are all of the quicktopics to tide you over:

Montagnards:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/MZdmL4CVGPR

Populists:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/bZfCCR5wiA3

Girondins:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/tk4rKjPFjVhgU

Militarists:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/dfJ6Q3t2MbDi

Committee of Public Safety:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/dZR85fDGZnE5

Panthéon de Paris (dead chat):
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/T86snsEhc6Egv

Royalists:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/GQTWd5EbDRud

o.o

O.

Hm.

Possibly Choxorn's best play. No one could have stopped this.
    @Zack, we should still discuss the game between us but for the moment I'm still reeling.

Forever enshrine the glory of the N1 heroes, Fenn and Pizza! Special mention to Renata! Vive la France!
    Vitiate Man.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

WTF CHOX THIS IS INSANE.

Wow, excellent game, choxorn. The only thing that made me doubt you at all was atheotes reporting in the dead thread that you had had a final watch, but you ever said anything about it publicly. The living players couldn't have known. Brilliant.

I have no regrets about the Montmorency vig. I wanted to take out the Committee's vig numbers if I died because I knew our faction was never getting another rep there and would naturally get the short end of the stick even absent Monty's regrettable biases :p -- choxorn would have been my third choice, there, lol. Oh well.

Once again, really well done. Kudos to Manasi for being the only person to have her vote on the last Royalist on the final day.

Thanks to my teammates for a fun time. :)

Omg csargo I'm so sorry, the second you started pushing on me and then Zack being like ARE YOU SURE ABOUT HIM

oh man

I should have just played for the faction :(

I don't think there was any way we were going to get a lynch on Chox though so maybe it was going to end up being you or I anyway that last day.

gg choxorn. Didn't bother considering you because I couldn't have won unless one of csargo/manasi is scum, but I doubt I would have voted you anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Possibly Choxorn's best play. No one could have stopped this.
    @Zack, we should still discuss the game between us but for the moment I'm still reeling.

Forever enshrine the glory of the N1 heroes, Fenn and Pizza! Special mention to Renata! Vive la France!
    Leave me alone dude.

(for manasi:) Best you could have done was a tie, and random chance. Zack had already lost, unknowingly; he had to play as if it was one of you or there was no point.

I was pretty sure our faction was pure, when after repeated attempts on my part to make a deal with the devil with any Royalists in our faction everyone kept saying "no I'm town, sorry."

Anyone who seriously thought Winston was a royalist needs their head examined tho.

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast