Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1438

Thread: French Revolution Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: French Revolution Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    (for manasi:) Best you could have done was a tie, and random chance. Zack had already lost, unknowingly; he had to play as if it was one of you or there was no point.
    Yeah, you're not wrong. It was close to impossible regardless without maybe keeping one of our vigs but that could have hedged on gamethrowing too.

And would have kept Mont alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I was pretty sure our faction was pure, when after repeated attempts on my part to make a deal with the devil with any Royalists in our faction everyone kept saying "no I'm town, sorry."

Anyone who seriously thought Winston was a royalist needs their head examined tho.
    Mhm.

Dunno, think that people thought the chances of a faction being completely pure was kinda statistically slim. I'm not really sure. Playing devil's advocate etc.

when I'm a lone scum going against 16 townies, I'm going to have to take a few risks if I want to get anywhere
    Voilà un homme.

I have no regrets about the Montmorency vig. I wanted to take out the Committee's vig numbers if I died because I knew our faction was never getting another rep there and would naturally get the short end of the stick even absent Monty's regrettable biases :p -- choxorn would have been my third choice, there, lol. Oh well.
    But why? I was prepared to rely on you to the fullest. It don't understand how you can be concerned both about getting killed and about Committee numbers. (And of course, Choxorn was your killer.)
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

also choxorn

why didn't you play like this when we were scum teammates? :(

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Omg csargo I'm so sorry, the second you started pushing on me and then Zack being like ARE YOU SURE ABOUT HIM

oh man

I should have just played for the faction :(

I don't think there was any way we were going to get a lynch on Chox though so maybe it was going to end up being you or I anyway that last day.
    @Manasi Nah, I think this was completely on my head at this point, I failed spectacularly at the end. I should of just stuck with the plan to vote choxorn. I put far too much weight on the fact that Zack, Monty, etc. had cleared him, and tonally he seemed good to me. I had my doubts after reading back through all your posts, but I felt committed, and I feel like an ass at this point. My apologies for doubting you at the end, and for being a at the end as well.

GGWP Choxorn! Thanks for hosting GH it was an amazing game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    @Manasi Nah, I think this was completely on my head at this point, I failed spectacularly at the end. I should of just stuck with the plan to vote choxorn. I put far too much weight on the fact that Zack, Monty, etc. had cleared him, and tonally he seemed good to me. I had my doubts after reading back through all your posts, but I felt committed, and I feel like an ass at this point. My apologies for doubting you at the end, and for being a at the end as well.

GGWP Choxorn! Thanks for hosting GH it was an amazing game!
    Hahah, we both tinfoiled way too hard. It's all gouda bud.

You were hella fun.

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    But why? I was prepared to rely on you to the fullest. It don't understand how you can be concerned both about getting killed and about Committee numbers. (And of course, Choxorn was your killer.)
    As long as I was alive and had a voice in the Committee it was at least hypothetically working for us. As soon as I died, that stopped being true. This is why I was pushing you to recruit Dp if I died, so we'd still have a presence there. But you kept pushing him and Csargo as scum and I didn't see you recruiting Manasi either -- that meant the vig was going to be used against us.

I mean, you wouldn't even listen to me about Dp -- you say you were going to rely on me, but you wouldn't listen to me. You were a liability to my faction.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    What is this referring to, given that you haven't seen QTs yet?
    Just referring to dealing with Zack/Choxorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Hahah, we both tinfoiled way too hard. It's all gouda bud.

You were hella fun.
    Yeah, you were too. Especially at the end. It was extremely enjoyable playing with you and the rest of the faction.

As long as I was alive and had a voice in the Committee it was at least hypothetically working for us. As soon as I died, that stopped being true. This is why I was pushing you to recruit Dp if I died, so we'd still have a presence there. But you kept pushing him and Csargo as scum and I didn't see you recruiting Manasi either -- that meant the vig was going to be used against us.

I mean, you wouldn't even listen to me about Dp -- you say you were going to rely on me, but you wouldn't listen to me. You were a liability to my faction.
    Actually, Manasi was intended for N5 (rotating factions), and I stopped pushing Csargo after D2. I understand your frustration over DP, but I really wanted him specifically flipped so if Khaan had been lynched town with DP as secondary wagon - you see? There wasn't an easy way out here. I did listen to you at the beginning of the day, but in the thunderdome at EOD...

Maybe I should have informed you in QT, but as usual I hoped history would vindicate me.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Starts D2 with all three of his buddies dead and eighteen town remaining.

Wins comfortably.

Members thankful for this post (9):

+ Show/Hide List

(for manasi:) Best you could have done was a tie, and random chance. Zack had already lost, unknowingly; he had to play as if it was one of you or there was no point.
    Yes, the clear mislynch (even without hindsight) in this game was the day before. For Zack, Lewwyn's death that day could never win the game, and constrained his options. Given that NAC had a target on his back, a Mil was the clear choice. For Lewwyn, obviously, his lynch could never win. For an innocent Gir, a Lewwyn lynch removed any chance of an outright win (given NAC's status). The only way a Lewwyn lynch was better than a Manasi lynch was if Lewwyn was a scum with Zack, csaro, or choxorn.

That day had me almost sold on Zack's scumminess, because I couldn't see any reason. Turns out it was just fog of war.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

honestly just wanted the montagnards to die off and didn't think I had a chance of winning

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post

Wins comfortably.
    Basically. I'm still shocked.

We did bad as town, and we got distracted big-time by the faction thing.

But still...

This wasn't on shite towning.

This was chox handing us our arses.

Zack was an excellent faction leader.

Monty was hugely entertaining.

Fenn gets the deadeye award.

Default Re: French Revolution Mafia [Concluded]

I wonder if pizza might have been the difference.

He was showing the sharpest town form I've seen from him in a long while, and his death removed a major threat to chox.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

GG everybody, and thanks for all the compliments of my scum game.

Wow, excellent game, choxorn. The only thing that made me doubt you at all was atheotes reporting in the dead thread that you had had a final watch, but you ever said anything about it publicly. The living players couldn't have known. Brilliant.
    I actually used the Girondins' last watch on NAC on the last night for shits and giggles, and had several different ideas of how I was planning on saying I used it, depending on what people said to start the day off. Then everyone had to go and say nothing for most of the day and Manasi and Csargo voted each other, so I figured, why bother?

I was pretty sure our faction was pure, when after repeated attempts on my part to make a deal with the devil with any Royalists in our faction everyone kept saying "no I'm town, sorry."

Anyone who seriously thought Winston was a royalist needs their head examined tho.
    I didn't seriously think Winston was a royalist, but I was more than happy to stoke everyone else's paranoia about him and convince my faction to kill him because that helps me win. Hope there's no hard feelings about that, that's just the way the game goes sometimes.

also choxorn

why didn't you play like this when we were scum teammates? :(
    because lol day 1's

Wins comfortably.

~~I'M A STRONG, INDEPENDENT SCUMBAG~~
    ~~WHO DON'T NEED NO TEAMMATES~~

Sooh 

your meta just dropped off a cliff

default lynch from now on

I wonder if pizza might have been the difference.

He was showing the sharpest town form I've seen from him in a long while, and his death removed a major threat to chox.
    At the beginning, I was more scared of Zack and Renata than I was of him, because while he was in good town form he seemed to trust me. I certainly wasn't upset to see him die, but I wasn't planning on killing him myself for a little while, and I was figuring if I waited long enough either some other faction would use a vig shot on him or the town would get paranoid and lynch him. I just wasn't expecting him to die that quickly.

Really, the faction-based gameplay is the only reason I won because people got too focused on killing each other to look hard enough at the Royalists, and the night where everyone killed each other really helped my case- before that night, I was certain that at some point I'd be going up against people that were more clear than I was and I'd end up in someone else's PoE, but then Night 4 happened and Monty, Snerk, and Al died, and they were all very clear-looking townies, and it was 6 players left and three of them looking scummier than me, which put me in the best position I'd been in all game.

But yeah, if I was 1 v 18 in a more vanilla game, there's no way in hell I would have been able to survive long enough to win. I'm not sure if any scum could win with odds that long.

Chox you are my new personal hero! You picked up the ashes of royalist´s and pressed a diamond out of it. Virtuous game good man,virtuous! And when you frustrated about talking to yourself in QT for my part. I was enjoying the insight for your game all the way.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 03-26-2017 at 02:10.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Jabbz 

your meta just dropped off a cliff

default lynch from now on
    I'd be a little insulted if I didn't get paranoia-lynched at least once for what I did in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    I'd be a little insulted if I didn't get paranoia-lynched at least once for what I did in this game.
    Be careful what you wish for.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, let's get the standard GH Postgame Goodie Bonanza rolling. Tomorrow I'll start talking about the features and balancing, etc (and maybe one or two other things), but first up are the roles. These are separated by faction, in the order that random.org dictated to me back when I was assigning factions and roles. These will be presented without commentary - that comes later.

Montagnards:

Augustin Robespierre - sent to Montmorency (cover role)
    Your role is:

Augustin Robespierre

"I am as guilty as [my brother]. I share his virtues, I want to share his fate. I ask also to be charged."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    Overshadowed by his older and more famous brother Maximilien, the younger Robespierre still played an important part in the Reign of Terror. He missed out on the first two Revolutionary governments - the National Assembly and the Legislative Assembly - but was elected to the National Convention, voting for the execution of Louis XVI and in general sharing his brother's political views. Over the course of the Terror, as Maximilien's power and influence grew, so did Augustin's importance, often serving as his brother's eyes and ears while dispatched on important missions. Many of these missions put Augustin in contact with various portions of the army (as France was at war with pretty much all of Europe at the time), where, on one occasion, he met and decided to sponsor a young Napoleon Bonaparte. In the end, though, Augustin was never able to escape his brother's shadow, becoming one of the five most important arrests made during Maximilien's fall in the Thermidorian Reaction. While awaiting the death sentence, Augustin tried to leap out of a window and escape, but all he got for the attempt was two broken legs. He was guillotined at the age of 31 on July 28th, 1794, being followed minutes later by his brother.

Faction:
    Montagnards (The Mountain)
    Historically the dominant political party during the Terror, the Mountain is in this game one of four factions vying for control (not counting the Royalists of course). They are the radical party, dedicated to nationalization of the country, preserving and increasing the gains of the Revolution, and seeing the Terror through. Montagnards oppose the Girondins, Populists, and Militarists, and are sworn to destroy any Royalists that might be hiding.

Quicktopic link:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/MZdmL4CVGPR
    Note: This faction may be infiltrated by Royalists. It is not recommended you reveal your identity.

Factional abilities:
    1x vigilante shot - each faction has access to this ability
    Proscription: 1x additional vigilante shot
    Pose for portrait: 3x jailkeeper
    Though any member of the faction may perform a factional action, each ability (save for the 1x vigilante shot) is secretly linked to a player known only by me. Upon that player's death, the faction will lose access to that ability. If that player is randomly selected as mafia, upon death the faction will have the ability randomly (and secretly) re-assigned to a new player in the faction.
    New abilities or additional uses may be given to the faction at a certain point through the game at the host's discretion.

Goal:
    Destruction of the Royalists (mafia) and achievement of supremacy over the other three factions. This comes in the form of being the last faction to be reduced to one, two, three, etc. members upon defeat of the Royalists. Ties are allowed starting at the level of two remaining.

Individual abilities:
    None.

Maximilien Robespierre - sent to Montmorency
    What, you didn't really think I would tease you by giving you a role named Robespierre and *not* give you the genuine article, did you?

Your role is:

Maximilien Robespierre

"We must smother the internal and external enemies of the Republic or perish with it; now in this situation, the first maxim of your policy out to be to lead the people by reason, and the people's enemies by terror."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    One of the most notorious figures of the French Revolution, the young lawyer from Arras was active in all stages of the Revolution up until his death: he was part of the Estates-General, signed the Tennis Court Oath, joined the Jacobin Club, made perhaps the most famous argument in favor of Louis XVI's execution, and, of course, was the principal figure of the Reign of Terror. Given the nickname "The Incorruptible" by his colleagues, Robespierre earned it by being utterly committed to seeing the Revolution - and the Terror - through, even if it meant the death of thousands to create a better Republic. However, his paranoia eventually got the better of him, and when he made a speech in July 1794 in the National Convention warning against powerful enemies from within, he was arrested and guillotined in a coup d'?tat known as the Thermidorian Reaction. Robespierre's death signaled an end to the Reign of Terror, and, according to some, the Revolution itself.

Faction:
    Historically the dominant political party during the Terror, the Mountain is in this game one of four factions vying for control (not counting the Royalists of course). They are the radical party, dedicated to nationalization of the country, preserving and increasing the gains of the Revolution, and seeing the Terror through. Montagnards oppose the Girondins, Populists, and Militarists, and are sworn to destroy any Royalists that might be hiding.

Quicktopic link:
    Note: This faction may be infiltrated by Royalists. It is not recommended you reveal your identity.

Factional abilities:
    Though any member of the faction may perform a factional action, each ability (save for the 1x vigilante shot) is secretly linked to a player known only by me. Upon that player's death, the faction will lose access to that ability. If that player is randomly selected as mafia, upon death the faction will have the ability randomly (and secretly) re-assigned to a new player in the faction.
    New abilities or additional uses may be given to the faction at a certain point through the game at the host's discretion.

Goal:
    Destruction of the Royalists (mafia) and achievement of supremacy over the other three factions. This comes in the form of being the last faction to be reduced to one, two, three, etc. members upon defeat of the Royalists. Ties are allowed starting at the level of two remaining.

Individual abilities:
    Committee of Public Safety: You randed Robespierre, you knew this was coming.
    The Committee's first and foremost goal is to safeguard the Revolution by weeding out and killing the Royalists. Political preference (ostensibly) does not matter. Obviously, the goal here is to keep it free of Royalist infiltration.
    Each night, you choose one person to join the Committee. This is an automatic action and is not affected by roleblocks, jailkeeps, having already performed a factional ability, etc. The seniormost member of the Committee has final say on recruitment.
    Other Committee factional abilities are:
    - Nightly tracker upon 3 members
    - Nightly vigilante upon 4 members
    The Committee has a maximum limit of five members.

Committee of Public Safety Quicktopic:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/dZR85fDGZnE5

Additionally, you are passively bulletproof for 1 shot each of the first two nights.

Louis-Antoine de Saint-Just - sent to Jabbz
    Your role is:

Louis Antoine de Saint-Just

"No one can reign innocently."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    If Maximilien Robespierre was the public face of the Reign of Terror, Saint-Just was the man working behind the scenes to make sure it happened. The youngest member elected to the National Convention, Saint-Just did not let his youth get in the way of his goals. He was the primary author of the revolutionary Constitution of 1793 (never enacted due to emergency wartime measures), proscribed his political enemies, helped enact an increasingly radical agenda, became President of the Convention, and gradually obtained more and more power as the Terror peaked, becoming known as the "Angel of Death". However, he was too closely attached to Robespierre, and when Robespierre's political star fell to earth during the Thermidorian Reaction in July 1794, Saint-Just was quick to follow. He was eventually guillotined on the same day as his friend and ally.

Faction:

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Georges Couthon - sent to Lewwyn
    Your role is:

Georges Couthon

"The guilty have no right for a counsel and the innocents do not need any."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    Couthon missed out on the early part of the Revolution, but joined the Legislative Assembly in 1791 and later its successor the National Convention. A paraplegic, he did not let his disability get in the way of accomplishing his goals, and eventually aligned himself with the Mountain. Though Couthon was instrumental in drafting the brutal Law of 22 Prarial, which shortened trial times and saw the number of daily executions in Paris increase by a factor of five. Nevertheless, Couthon's Revolutionary zeal did have its limits, as he stalled completing his assignment of "making an example" of the rebellious city of Lyon and destroying much of its houses. This act of mercy did not earn him any favors during the July 1794 Thermidorian Reaction, where he was guillotined along with most of his political allies.

Faction:

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Jacques-Louis David - sent to seireikhaan
    Your role is:

Jacques-Louis David

"Citizens, the people were again calling for their friend, their desolate voice was heard: David, take up your brushes... I heard the voice of the people. I obeyed."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    Perhaps the greatest painter of the era, you may not recognize David's name but you've probably seen some of his paintings: The Death of Marat, Napoleon at the Saint-Bernard Pass, The Coronation of Napoleon, and many others. David was more than just an artist, he was also a political figure: He was a member of the National Convention and was one of those who voted for the death of Louis XVI. During the Terror, David served on the second major committee - the Committee of General Security - and helped send Marie Antoinette to the guillotine, an occasion which he later painted. He ultimately survived the end of the Terror and the Thermidorian Reaction, attached himself to Napoleon, served through the Emperor's entire reign, and despite his past affiliations was offered amnesty by the Bourbon King Louis XVIII upon the Restoration. David refused and exiled himself to Brussels, where he continued painting until his death in 1825, having survived for longer than most of his brethren.

Faction:

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Marquis de Sade - sent to Snerk
    Your role is:

Marquis de Sade

"The law which attempts a man's life is impractical, unjust, inadmissible. It has never repressed crime - for a second crime is every day committed at the foot of the scaffold."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    The rare aristrocrat who survived the Revolution (and was never an exile), it probably helped that he spent much of his life in prison. From there, he wrote some of his most famous works, including The 120 Days of Sodom. He was transferred out of the Bastille a mere week before it fell in 1789, and was eventually elected to the National Convention and joined the Montagnards despite his noble background. However, this affiliation would not last and, growing disenchanted with the Terror, he was arrested for being too moderate. He survived the Thermidorian Reaction and was freed for a second time, until his published works angered Napoleon enough to throw him in an insane asylum for the rest of his life, where he eventually died in 1814.
    De Sade also is the namesake of the word "sadism" and had almost no sexual boundaries, two facts which are not unrelated, but for the sake of following forum rules we'll leave it at that.

Faction:

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Jacques Nicolas Billaud-Varenne - sent to BSmith
    Your role is:

Jacques Nicolas Billaud-Varenne

"No, we will not step backward, our zeal will only be smothered in the tomb; either the Revolution will triumph or we will all die."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    Billaud-Varenne's first official role in the Revolution was a member of the National Convention when it formed in 1792, but before that he had been active in an unofficial capacity, publicly agitating for the complete end of the monarchy before most had warmed to the idea. He continued using his oratory talents to accomplish his will upon taking office, using it to advocate for the French Revolutionary Calendar as well as demand the destruction of the Mountain's enemies on all sides of the political spectrum. His good political instincts (or perhaps just paranoia) got him to turn against Robespierre, which allowed him to survive the rush of guillotinings during the Thermidorian Reaction, but he was eventually arrested anyway and exiled to French Guiana. He remained in the West for the rest of his life, refusing a pardon offered by Napoleon and later dying of dysentery in Haiti in 1819.

Faction:

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Populists:

Georges Danton - sent to autolycus
    Your role is:

Georges Danton

"Some audacity, more audacity, always audacity, and the Fatherland will be saved!"

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    Danton is a web of contradictions: a towering, larger-than-life figure who at the same time was very enigmatic. He was always a friend of the common people yet tried to keep some of their murderous impulses in check. He personally disliked Robespierre but was, for a time, allied with the man politically. He was one of the great architects of the Reign of Terror by initially proposing the Committee of Public Safety, and yet always opposed its excesses. Danton was the initial Minister of Justice after the formal deposition of Louis XVI and oversaw the fall of the Girondists, but was not keen on seeing "perpetual revolution" like some of his colleagues and preferred to rest on his laurels, enjoying semi-retirement as the country burned around him. Eventually, in March/April 1794, he was accused of corruption and embezzlement in a political move by Robespierre, Saint-Just, and others, and was sentenced to death in a kangaroo court. His final words before being guillotined were a prophetic remark that Robespierre would soon follow him; indeed, Robespierre would share Danton's fate less than four months later.

Faction:
    Populists
    The Populists range in the political spectrum from the moderates to the ultra-radicals, but one thing they all have in common is a belief in the common people of France, particularly the sans-culottes of Paris, to help perpetuate the Revolution. They have seen the power possessed by the people, and believe that the country united can do anything. Populists oppose the Montagnards, Girondins, and Militarists, and are sworn to destroy any Royalists that might be hiding.

Quicktopic link:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/bZfCCR5wiA3

Factional abilities:
    Orator of Justice: 1x jailkeeper
    Enemies list: You submit a list of five players during the night. One full day phase later, the political faction of these five players will be publicly revealed (example: If you submitted this list on N1, it would publicly be revealed at the start of D3). You also have the option of waiting an additional full day cycle in order to see how many of the players on the list are Royalists. The person submitting this factional order must remain alive for the duration of the ability's activation in order for it to work. 1x.
    Wrath of the sans-culottes: This is a fun one. You unleash the power of the peasantry upon your enemies. 1x vig, with a chance of side-effects: 33% chance of an additional random kill (small chance of two additional random kills), 33% chance of additionally killing someone either visiting or visited by the target at night, 33% chance of a random jailkeeping of a variable amount of players depending on how many are left in the game (anywhere from 3-7).

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Camille Desmoulins - sent to Logic
    Your role is:

Camille Desmoulins

"I have dreamed of a Republic such as all the world would have adored. I could never have believed that men could be so ferocious and unjust."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    A childhood friend of Robespierre's, Desmoulins always had an affinity for politics and law; however, a problematic stammer caused him to employ the written word instead. He was very successful at this. A popular agitator from the very beginning of the Revolution, Desmoulins contributed strongly the crowd that would storm the Bastille in 1789 and continued issuing pamphlets and journals that advanced his aims, which among others were the deposition of Louis XVI and the destruction of the Girondins. Eventually he was elected to the National Convention in 1792, but over time he grew opposed to the excesses of the Reign of Terror, the former radical believing that the methods were too extreme. This "moderatism" eventually got him arrested and guillotined in a political move orchestrated by his old friend Robespierre. Desmoulins died in April 1794 at the age of 35.

Faction:
    Populists
    The Populists range in the political spectrum from the moderates to the ultra-radicals, but one thing they all have in common is a belief in the common people of France, particularly the sans-culottes of Paris, to help perpetuate the Revolution. They have seen the power possessed by the people, and believe that the country united can do anything. Populists oppose the Montagnards, Girondins, and Militarists, and are sworn to destroy any Royalists that might be hiding.

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:
    Enemies list: You submit a list of five players during the night. One full day phase later, the political faction of these five players will be publicly revealed (example: If you submitted this list on N1, it would publicly be revealed at the start of D3). You also have the option of waiting an additional full day cycle in order to see how many of the players on the list are Royalists. The person submitting this factional order must remain alive for the duration of the ability's activation in order for it to work. 1x.
    Wrath of the sans-culottes: This is a fun one. You unleash the power of the peasantry upon your enemies. 1x vig, with a chance of side-effects: 33% chance of an additional random kill (small chance of two additional random kills), 33% chance of additionally killing someone either visiting or visited by the target at night, 33% chance of a random jailkeeping of a variable amount of players depending on how many are left in the game (anywhere from 3-7).

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Jacques H?bert - sent to Zack
    Your role is:

Jacques H?bert

"The sans-culottes will not allow themselves to be had by schemers."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    Though his early life was partially financed through theft and scams, H?bert really hit his stride during the Revolution when he started publishing a very influential (and vulgar) journal, Le P?re Duchesne, which sympathized with the workers and commoners of Paris. Initially supportive of a constitutional monarchy, H?bert grew more and more radical as the Revolution progressed to the point where he eventually attacked Robespierre - the guy most responsible for something called the "Reign of Terror" - for being too moderate. Though H?bert was eventually elected to the local government of Paris and led a comfortable lifestyle, his radical policy of agitating for dechristianization of the country and uncompromising nature caught up with him and he was eventually arrested in March 1794. His past as a thief and scam artist was used against him in his trial and he was eventually guillotined later that month.

Faction:
    Populists

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Jacques Roux - sent to El Barto
    Your role is:

Jacques Roux

"It is time that the sans-culottes who smashed the scepter of kings see the end to insurrections and all types of tyranny."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    Roux is an interesting fellow: A Catholic priest who nonetheless became quite possibly *the* most radical agitator during the French Revolution, which, considering his peers, is saying something. He was always a friend of the people in trying to improve their lot in life, but probably took it too far in 1793. Advocating for the abolition of private property and class in society, Roux's Manifesto of the Enrag?s sparked the people of Paris into food riots and angered many in the National Convention. It was only a matter of time before he was arrested and imprisoned. After several failed attempts, and with his trial (and its inevitable outcome) pending, Roux successfully committed suicide in February 1794.

Faction:
    Populists

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Collot d'Herbois - sent to Sooh (later Winston Hughes)

Your role is:

Collot d'Herbois

"The explosion of mines, the devouring activity of flame can alone express the omnipotence of the people. Its will cannot be checked like that of tyrants; it must have the effect of thunder."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    A somewhat successful actor and playwright, Jean-Marie Collot d'Herbois gradually became more important (and radicalized) over the course of the Revolution. It started off innocently enough, with him publishing a book calling for a constitutional monarchy in 1791, but as time passed he was the first to entirely disavow the monarchy, voted for Louis XVI's execution, and joined the National Convention as well as its main committee of importance, the Committee of Public Safety. Collot's most infamous work as part of this Committee was his and Joseph Fouch?'s pacification of the rebellious city of Lyon. This "pacification" resulted in mass executions, the destruction of a good part of the city, and eventual recall and censure - Collot had gone too far even for the perpetrators of the Reign of Terror. He survived the fall of Robespierre and the Thermidorian Reaction, but was eventually exiled to French Guinea in 1795 and died of yellow fever there a year later.

Faction:
    Populists

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Jean-Paul Marat - sent to Arakhor
    Your role is:

Jean-Paul Marat

"I believe in the cutting off of heads."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    While Marat was knowledgeable in the fields of medicine and science, his greatest talent was as a journalist. His famous newspaper L'Ami du peuple ("The People's Friend") was an influential read right from the very start of the Revolution. Fearing nothing, Marat attacked whoever he believed was not helping the Revolution along enough, ranging from Louis XVI's finance minister in the early stages to the rival (and moderate) Gironde political faction in the days of the Terror. Counting such influential figures as Robespierre and Jacques-Louis David among his friends, Marat was elected to the National Convention in 1792 before later having to retire due to a skin condition, though he never stopped agitating in his newspaper, usually calling for more enemies of the state to be guillotined. He was killed in his bathtub in July 1793 by an angry Girondin, Charlotte Corday - who believed she was stopping further bloodshed - in one of the most famous political assassinations in history. His friend David immortalized his death with his landmark painting The Death of Marat, and he was glorified as a martyr of the Revolution.

Faction:
    Populists

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Girondins:

Charlotte Corday - sent to Askthepizzaguy
    Your role is:

Charlotte Corday

"All true patriots will meet in heaven."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    Corday was only in Paris for a very short period in her life, but it was certainly impactful. Born and raised in Normandy, she admired the early stages of the Revolution but disagreed with its more radical direction it took after 1791, including the execution of Louis XVI. She sympathized with the increasingly moderate Girondin faction and was worried that, should the Terror continue unchecked, France would collapse under civil strife. Resolving to do something about this, she traveled to Paris in July 1793 with the intent of murdering the man she deemed most responsible for the violence: the incendiary journalist Jean-Paul Marat. Corday accomplished her goal, did not resist arrest, and proudly claimed responsibility of the action during her trial, saying she acted alone to save the nation - though Marat's death would not stop the Terror, which went on for another year. She was guillotined four days after Marat's death at the age of 24.

Faction:
    Girondins
    The Girondins, so named because many of their original members hailed from the Gironde region of France, were the moderates of the National Convention and were, for a time, the war party. They supported the end of the monarchy but opposed the execution of Louis XVI as well as the excesses of the Terror, and never enjoyed the support of the Parisian people as much as some other factions did. Girondins oppose the Montagnards, Populists, and Militarists, and are sworn to destroy any Royalists that might be hiding.

Quicktopic link:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/tk4rKjPFjVhgU

Factional abilities:
    Sanctuary: 3x Doctor, cannot use all three protections on the same target (two is fine).
    Introspection: 2x Watcher (see who targets a person). Target must be a member of the Gironde faction unless there are less than three Girondins remaining.

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    Assassination: If Marat reveals himself (or is otherwise revealed), you may kill him at night in a move that is guaranteed to succeed regardless of protections, roleblocks, etc. Should you pick the wrong target there is a high chance of exposure or death.

Abb? Siey?s - sent to atheotes
    Your role is:

Abb? Siey?s

"What is the Third Estate? Everything. What has it been hitherto in the political order? Nothing. What does it desire to be? Something."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    One of the great survivors of the French Revolution, Emmanuel Joseph Siey?s, an ordained priest, could stake a legitimate claim for bookending the entire period. He was there in the very beginning, his influential pamphlet What is the Third Estate? galvanizing the populace and granting him a seat on Louis XVI's Estates-General in 1789, and he was there at the very end, helping to overthrow the Directory government in favor of one Napoleon Bonaparte ten years later, though he was later forcibly retired by the Emperor. In between - and especially during the Terror - Siey?s, always a moderate at heart, kept his head down and did what he had to do to survive, remarking many years later upon what he did during the Terror: "I lived." Indeed he did, dying peacefully in Paris in 1836 at the age of 88.

Faction:
    Girondins
    The Girondins, so named because many of their original members hailed from the Gironde region of France, were the moderates of the National Convention and were, for a time, the war party. They supported the end of the monarchy but opposed the execution of Louis XVI as well as the excesses of the Terror, and never enjoyed the support of the Parisian people as much as some other factions did. Girondins oppose the Montagnards, Populists, and Militarists, and are sworn to destroy any Royalists that might be hiding.

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:
    Sanctuary: 3x Doctor, cannot use all three protections on the same target (two is fine).
    Introspection: 2x Watcher (see who targets a person). Target must be a member of the Gironde faction unless there are less than three Girondins remaining.

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    Survivor: 1x Bulletproof.

Olympe de Gouges - sent to Choxorn
    Your role is:

Olympe de Gouges

"Women have the right to mount the scaffold - they should likewise have the right to mount the speaker's platform."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    A true pioneer of equal rights, Olympe de Gouges pushed for the abolition of slavery and increased women's rights even before the Revolution took France, publishing over forty works on various subjects. Her most famous effort is probably the 1791 Declaration of the Rights of Woman and the Female Citizen, a response to the Declaration of the Rights of Man two years earlier. She was never a supporter of violence though, even going so far as offering to defend Louis XVI in his trial. As the Terror took hold and the direction of the Revolution turned ever more radical, de Gouges continued to speak out more and more against its violent excesses. This tension came to a head when she called for a national plebiscite to pick a new government; one of the options, a constitutional monarchy, was interpreted as an attempt to restore the Bourbons to her throne. The inevitable response happened: She was arrested, imprisoned (where she continued her writings and served as her own lawyer), and finally guillotined in November 1793.

Faction:
    Girondins

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Jacques Brissot - sent to NotACop
    Your role is:

Jacques Brissot

"The disorganizers are those who want to level everything: property, comforts, the price of commodities... even talents, knowledge, the virtues, because they themselves have none of these things."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    The leader of the Girondins, Brissot got his revolutionary start early, spending some time in the Bastille for an explicit pamphlet about Queen Marie Antionette in 1784. Once the Revolution rolled around, Brissot quickly carved out a name for himself with his speeches, and while he supported the Revolution, he opposed the radical extremes it threatened to take. He argued against the execution of Louis XVI, mostly because he believed the deposed king would serve better as a bargaining chip in France's wars, but this was overruled. This was a particular problem for Brissot, as he was instrumental in having France already declared war on Austria, the Netherlands, and Britain. He continued to advocate for moderation throughout 1793, but it was of no use as the Revolution was becoming ever more radical. He was arrested, imprisoned, and - after a brief but ultimately unsuccessful escape - eventually guillotined on October 31st of that year along with many other leading Girondins.

Faction:
    Girondins

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Pierre Vergniaud - sent to Al Sipsclar
    Your role is:

Pierre Vergniaud

"Citizens, we have reason to fear that the Revolution, like Saturn, will successfully devour all its children, and finally produce despotism, with the calamities that accompany it."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    A successful attorney before the Revolution, Vergniaud parlayed his significant oratorical talents into a political role, where he was elected a member of the Legislative Assembly and later its successor the National Convention. For a time Vergniaud was all for the Revolution moving full steam ahead, proposing harsh laws against those nobles who had fled France and voting for the death of Louis XVI, but he, along with most of his fellow Girondins, were against the excesses of the Terror and spoke out against the idea of a Revolutionary Tribunal. Eventually in the struggle to determine the direction of the Revolution, the radical Montagnards won out over the more moderate Girondins, and Vergniaud, as one of the leading Girondins, was among those proscribed in the aftermath. He used his powerful oratory in a trial one last time, but it was of no use. Vergniaud and many other leading Girondins were guillotined on October 31st, 1793.

Faction:
    Girondins

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Madame Roland - sent to Kagemusha
    Your role is:

Madame Roland

"O Liberty, how many crimes are committed in your name!"

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    Her husband Jean-Marie was a leading Girondin, but his wife Marie-Jeanne (gotta love that variety in French names) was just as, if not more, influential. Well read and largely self-taught, Madame Roland ran one of the leading salons during the early part of the Revolution, which often saw men such as Brissot and Robespierre as patrons. The power behind many of her husband's actions, she at times wrote his official correspondences for him, including a letter to Louis XVI himself, and the two of them both officially and unofficially rose through the ranks. However, the couple's power had its limits. They were both, at heart, moderates, and when the radical Montagnards seized control of the Convention, it was only a matter of time before they were facing the end. Madame Roland was eventually arrested and imprisoned, and while she continued writing behind bars, the guillotine came for her in the end. She was executed in November 1793, with her husband committing suicide upon receiving word of her death a week later.

Faction:
    Girondins

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Militarists:

Lazare Carnot - sent to Monstrdude
    Your role is:

Lazare Carnot

"In a free country there is much clamor with little suffering. In a despotic state there is little complaint with much grievance."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    A mathematical and engineering genius who published several important works and had an equation and theorem named after him, Carnot was a military engineer who entered politics after the Revolution opened doors that would previously have been closed to men of his station. Less concerned about political infighting than seeing his country prosper, Carnot pursued various educational reforms before settling into a role putting out various military fires for the country. With pretty much all of Europe bearing down on France, it was primarily to Carnot's organizational skills and mass conscription policy which allowed the country to fight off its many enemies. He was given the title "Organizer of Victory" for his efforts and an argument can be made that it was his hard work reforming the army that paved the way for Napoleon's startling successes a decade later. Dissatisfied with the radical direction the Revolution was taking, Carnot helped overthrow Robespierre in the Thermidorian Reaction, became one of the five Directors in the successor government, and eventually became Napoleon's Minister of War before semi-retiring in 1804 - though he was still publishing papers and occasionally called on by the Emperor to put out various fires. A consummate survivor, Carnot lived through all stages of the Revolution, both of Napoleon's reigns as Emperor, and even the White Terror after the Bourbon Restoration, though he was exiled from France as a result of voting for Louis XVI's death back in the day. Carnot died in Prussia in 1823, perhaps the most accomplished of all the former members of the Committee of Public Safety.

Carnot's one of my favorites, in case you didn't get the hint from my glowing description. Don't die D1 on me.

Faction:
    Militarists
    Not an actual political party, the Militarists represent the collection of technocrats and otherwise policy-minded individuals who want firmer hands - hands less prone to violence - guiding the country in times of crisis as opposed to the chaos France has seen in the past few years. Historically they "won" in the end by being the last faction remaining after the fall of Robespierre and the Mountain, but we'll see how they do in this game. Militarists oppose the Montagnards, Populists, and Girondins, and are sworn to destroy any Royalists that might be hiding.

Quicktopic link:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/dfJ6Q3t2MbDi

Factional abilities:
    Ballot stuffing: Can designate two secret votes on any target the night before that will be tallied during the day. Both votes are allowed to be made the same day or separate days. Votes may be rescinded (only by the person who submitted the order) during the day, but may not be changed to a different target.
    Conscription: Override a target's night actions and have them vig, roleblock, or protect a different target of your choice. 2x ability, may not repeat actions.
    Secret police: 1x day vigilante shot. First come, first served. Post must be made in the public thread with bold purple text and may not be made in the first two hours of a phase.

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Joseph Fouch? - sent to Manasi
    Your role is:

Joseph Fouch?

"The blood of criminals fertilizes the soil of liberty and establishes power on sure foundations."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    This guy was a real piece of work. While not in Paris during the early parts of the Revolution, he was elected to the National Convention after the formal dissolution and quickly aligned himself with those who voted for Louis XVI's death. During the Terror, Fouch? was primarily dispatched to stamp out royalist insurrections across the country, and he did so ruthlessly, most notoriously destroying a decent part of Lyon along with colleague Collot d'Herbois. Although he dabbled in dechristianization, Fouch? had a falling-out with Robespierre during the latter's infamous Festival of the Supreme Being, and he was one of the chief plotters of the Thermidorian Reaction, the coup that brought Robespierre down. He became Minister of Police during the successor Directory government and Fouch?, always liking a good coup, helped plot Napoleon's overthrow of *that* government. He kept his position under the Emperor, where even the most powerful man in Europe was too fearful of confronting Fouch? directly. He eventually survived the fall of Napoleon but still somehow stayed Minister of Police for a short time under the new king Louis XVIII under the Restoration and even helped perpetuate the White Terror against old Republicans, completing his 180 from earlier in his career. However, Fouch? was eventually eased out of power and exiled to Trieste, where he died in 1820.

Faction:
    Militarists
    Not an actual political party, the Militarists represent the collection of technocrats and otherwise policy-minded individuals who want firmer hands - hands less prone to violence - guiding the country in times of crisis as opposed to the chaos France has seen in the past few years. Historically they "won" in the end by being the last faction remaining after the fall of Robespierre and the Mountain, but we'll see how they do in this game. Militarists oppose the Montagnards, Populists, and Girondins, and are sworn to destroy any Royalists that might be hiding.

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:
    Ballot stuffing: Can designate two secret votes on any target the night before that will be tallied during the day. Both votes are allowed to be made the same day or separate days. Votes may be rescinded (only by the person who submitted the order) during the day, but may not be changed to a different target.
    Conscription: Override a target's night actions and have them vig, roleblock, or protect a different target of your choice. 2x ability, may not repeat actions.
    Secret police: 1x day vigilante shot. First come, first served. Post must be made in the public thread with bold purple text and may not be made in the first two hours of a phase.

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Jeanbon Saint-Andr? - sent to Renata
    Your role is:

Jeanbon Saint-Andr?

"To work in the manner of despots does not suit republicans."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    A consummate professional. Saint-Andr? was a Protestant minister who voted for the death of Louis XVI and was the person who recommended Robespierre to join the Committee of Public Safety, but for the most part stayed out of the internal politics of the Revolution in favor of providing some desperately-needed modernization to the country's navy. He was often away on mission's to France's various ports, and helped bring the troublesome region of Brittany back in line. All in all his efforts at bringing the French Navy up to snuff were vital for the country's survival in the Revolutionary and early Napoleonic Wars, and despite his close affiliation with Robespierre, Saint-Andr? survived the latter's downfall in the Thermidorian Reaction. He eventually served under Napoleon for a time (even spending three years in prison in an Ottoman jail during Napoleon's disastrous expedition to Egypt) before his eventual death of typhoid in 1813.

As an aside, Saint-Andr? was so quietly professional and so bland that I really had to work to find literally any quote from him, so I hope you appreciate the effort.

Faction:
    Militarists

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Paul Barras - sent to Dp101
    Your role is:

Paul Barras

"The fall of the Reign of Terror[...] allowed the government to be created."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    A minor noble, Barras nonetheless took the Revolution in stride, taking up minor political and military positions before eventually getting elected to the National Convention in 1792 and voting for the execution of Louis XVI. Barras, while influential, wasn't in Paris all that much during the Terror as part of his duties (even meeting a young general named Napoleon during one of his missions to Toulon), but he *was* around for the Thermidorian Reaction which overthrow Robespierre and his allies, in which he sided with the conspirators. In the successor government, the Directory, Barras rose to prominence and essentially became the most powerful man in France, though he was perceived as a corrupt ruler and was easily overthrown by Napoleon in his 1799 coup. After this, Barras was rich but ceased to be politically relevant, and he died quietly near Paris in 1829.

Faction:
    Militarists

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Robert Lindet - sent to Fenn
    Your role is:

Robert Lindet

"I am here to protect citizens, not to murder patriots."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    A lawyer by trade, Jean-Baptiste Robert Lindet was active in the Legislative Assembly and National Convention, where his biggest early act was drawing up the formal accusation against Louis XVI that would ultimately lead to his execution. He also was important in establishing the infamous Revolutionary Tribunal, the main judicial system active in the Terror. Despite these acts, Lindet for the most part concentrated his efforts on non-political issues, particularly those of food and labor. Long story short: He was good at his job. Not being a particular ally of Robespierre's, he survived the man's fall in the Thermidorian Reaction, though he did not actively participate in it. Lindet took up minor positions in the Directory (the successor government), but refused all offices in the time of Napoleon. Lindet's relative low profile allowed him to survive the Bourbon Restoration even though he was a regicide, and eventually died in Paris in 1825.

Faction:
    Militarists

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Bertrand Bar?re - sent to Csargo
    Your role is:

Bertrand Bar?re

"The tree of liberty only grows when watered by the blood of tyrants."

Biography:
    Wikipedia link
    Though Bar?re was around the Revolution from the very beginning, being a member of Louis XVI's Estates-General, his political career didn't really take off until the formation of the National Convention, where he voted for the King's death and joined the Committee of Public Safety. Flitting between but never really siding with any of the various factions of the Convention, Bar?re was called out by the radical (and influential) journalist Marat for doing so, but it was an issue that amounted to nothing as Marat caught a bad case of "being assassinated" soon after. As the Terror dragged on, Bar?re finally chose sides: against Robespierre. This was not enough to keep him out of danger in the Thermidorian Reaction however, and Bar?re spent the next two decades alternating between serving the various governments in power and imprisonment (escaping twice). Exiled for a time after the Bourbon Restoration, Bar?re eventually returned to France and served the July Monarchy, which was, by my count, eleven governments after he first became politically active. It will not come as a surprise that he was the last survivor of the Committee of Public Safety when he died in 1841, 48 years after the start of the Terror.

Faction:
    Militarists

Quicktopic link:

Factional abilities:

Goal:

Individual abilities:
    None.

Royalists:

Royalist PM - sent to Jabbz, Kagemusha, Monstrdude, and, surprisingly, Choxorn
    Your real faction is Royalist.

The mass emigration from France ever since the start of the Revolution as well as the more recent implementation of the Terror has served to deplete the Royalists' numbers, but they are not completely gone. Indeed, they have gone underground and managed to position themselves well amongst the various factions vying for control of the National Convention. Remaining undetected in this infiltration will be key if the Royalists are ever to restore a Bourbon to the throne of France.

Quicktopic link:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/GQTWd5EbDRud

Factional abilities:
    Factional kill, 1 per night.
    Roleblock, cannot target same player consecutive nights.
    Additional roleblock, 3x usage.
    (Note: Multiple actions cannot be taken by the same player unless that player is the only Royalist remaining)
    Goal:
    Parity with all other factions combined.

Note: Under no circumstances are you allowed to link to your other factional Quicktopic given to you in your first PM. Nor are you allowed to excessively quote from it. You must only generally paraphrase bigger-picture stuff. Failure to comply with this will lead to penalties.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 09-22-2022 at 03:25. Reason: fixed formatting because it broke 5+ years later
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Carnot’s one of my favorites, in case you didn’t get the hint from my glowing description. Don’t die D1 on me.
    I think you totally jinxed it with this line.

GG and gratz to le royalists! Thanks for hosting, GH. I'm impressed by the labour you've put into this. Was your interest and knowledge of revolutionary France already so keen or did you learn some things too researching for this game?

I guess my only redeeming factor this game is that Chox pinged me d1 so he was my top suggestion for the faction vig, though we settled for Logic instead. But after that he went of my rader and stayed there until game's end. I'm now ready to categorise choxorn among players where tone has little value in getting a town lean from me. Gimme something solid or you're a plausible lynch. This is why I was ready to lynch Winston despite his townieness. Cus he can fake dat sh*t.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    Was your interest and knowledge of revolutionary France already so keen or did you learn some things too researching for this game?
    A little bit of both. I already knew a fair amount but definitely had to do further research to fill out some of the character bios/the overall roster.

BTW, if anybody's interested in further reading about the period, I'd greatly recommend R. R. Palmer's Twelve Who Ruled, which is a very readable and excellent account of the actions of the Committee of Public Safety and a good look into the Reign of Terror as a whole. There's a reason it's bolded in my bibliography back in the first post.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Dremora Courtier Member Arakhor's Avatar

Congratulations to Choxorn! I suppose that just goes to show that in a faction game, gamely insisting that you're only playing to your faction is a sure way to lose (unless of course you're the scum).

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    I suppose that just goes to show that in a faction game, gamely insisting that you're only playing to your faction is a sure way to lose (unless of course you're the scum).
    Agreed in theory but you still got to play to win, yeah? I mean sure the Zack and Manasi town purges were kinda instrumental for a scum victory, but it also kept their own factions still in the race. Wouldn't necessarily have played it different myself. Well except for the Monty vig, that still makes me giggle. Jesus christ.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast