Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2594

Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

Ah, drat. I need ~100 stacks of sand to smelt into glass. Oh well, time to find the nearest unoccupied desert to strip-mine.

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    [edit]PistonChest disabled... it was causing serious server issues. This is likely a compatibility issue with 1.4.5 and will hopefully be fixed soon.
    Yeah.. that was a pitty. Good thing we had a stress test of it right away.
    I had 3 sets of double chests on my smooth stone generator that worked fine... until something happened and the pistons was no longer able to push the stones into the chests.
    Status Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    So is there an easy way to adapt the sand generator to work with the current version, or should I have a shot at making the one Tincow posted a page or so back?
    Are you all sure???
    My Sand generator in my creative test world is still working even after the upgrade to 1.4.5

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-11-21_09.28.29.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	7880
    Last edited by Sigurd; 11-21-2012 at 09:33.
    Status Emeritus

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Are you all sure???
    My Sand generator in my creative test world is still working even after the upgrade to 1.4.5

It's the multiplayer that screws it up.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Are you all sure???

It works fine on Vanilla 1.4.5, but not Bukkit.

FYI, I am now out of town and won't be home until Sunday. I won't be able to make any changes to the server or run a map update until then.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Ah, drat. I need ~100 stacks of sand to smelt into glass. Oh well, time to find the nearest unoccupied desert to strip-mine.
    If I ever get my project off the ground, it's gonna take tons of sand. Pity I didn't get going when I could've generated sand- now we have to strip mine desert biomes.... I don't understand why they were so gung ho "fix" sand generation anyhow- you can still generate other materials can't you?
    Last edited by Xiahou; 11-22-2012 at 01:49.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

I have an idea for a terraforming project in the desert on my island (X: 1305, Z: 320) so feel free to mine sand from there, just please don't dig too deep.

Member Member Plasmanaut on Fire Champion Memnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuvi View Post
    I have an idea for a terraforming project in the desert on my island (X: 1305, Z: 320) so feel free to mine sand from there, just please don't dig too deep.
    Might we awaken a terror of shadow and flame? Or just for aesthetic reasons?

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Memnon View Post
    Might we awaken a terror of shadow and flame? Or just for aesthetic reasons?
    I don't want my wither to be set loose.

haha no I plan on filling the area in with dirt and I don't want to have to use too much.

FYI, a developer has responded to my request for a new way to create sand. The old system won't work, but with the system I've requested it should be possible to build new and interesting devices to do the same thing as the old one. You can read the thread here:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/res...rators.112068/

As soon as the plugin is available I will install it and then get to work on a new sand generator machine in my lair.

FYI, a developer has responded to my request for a new way to create sand. The old system won't work, but with the system I've requested it should be possible to build new and interesting devices to do the same thing as the old one. You can read the thread here:

As soon as the plugin is available I will install it and then get to work on a new sand generator machine in my lair.
    And procrastination pays off once again! (on my part, that is )

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

I doubt they'll care if the rare buds device needs some tweaking, particularly as few of them even know what a buds device is, let alone use one.
    Hey there. :-(
    Last edited by Vladimir; 11-26-2012 at 14:59.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hey there. :-(
    Unless I am wrong, there are only two people on the server who have made buds devices; you and me. I think that counts as few.

Incidentally, I think the Arena sensor has been stuck in the on position for a long time. I took a look at it but it's not the same design as the one I use and as such I'm not sure how to reset it.

A new version of PistonChest has been released and I have installed it. The old version had a memory issue which made it break when it was being used by several pistons simultaneously. According to the dev, he's improved the code to use less memory so hopefully this issue is no longer present. @Sigurd, could you test this out with your system and let me know if it breaks again?

@Sigurd, could you test this out with your system and let me know if it breaks again?
    I'll do that...
    Status Emeritus

It seems to work... But there might be a bug in it.
    Usually you can put a redstone torch one block under the front of a piston. When a block that can transmit a current is placed on top of it, the piston will not activate. It will activate if you lead a red stone current from one of the sides of the block atop the torch back to the backside of the piston.

Anyway.. this was supposed to be my trigger for pushing all the stone into chests. But the chest piston activates (all though the animation of the piston pushing the stone is missing as well as the piston sound) as soon as a block is placed atop the torch and the block is transported to the chest.

Manual activation of the pistons will show the pushing animation with sound.

Edit:
    Scrap the above... I fixed the trigger by simply putting one repeater into the current from the torch to the pistons.
    I have now a fully automatic smooth stone generator that will fill 3 large chests to the brink with smooth stone.
    That is 3456 smooth stone blocks in one chest and 10368 blocks total before the machine stops filling the chests.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 11-28-2012 at 10:51.
    Status Emeritus

It seems to work... But there might be a bug in it.
    Usually you can put a redstone torch one block under the front of a piston. When a block that can transmit a current is placed on top of it, the piston will not activate. It will activate if you lead a red stone current from one of the sides of the block atop the torch back to the backside of the piston.

Anyway.. this was supposed to be my trigger for pushing all the stone into chests. But the chest piston activates (all though the animation of the piston pushing the stone is missing as well as the piston sound) as soon as a block is placed atop the torch and the block is transported to the chest.

Manual activation of the pistons will show the pushing animation with sound.

Edit:
    Scrap the above... I fixed the trigger by simply putting one repeater into the current from the torch to the pistons.
    I have now a fully automatic smooth stone generator that will fill 3 large chests to the brink with smooth stone.
    That is 3456 smooth stone blocks in one chest and 10368 blocks total before the machine stops filling the chests.
    I hope you don't mind if I come visit your place sometime .

A tweak has been developed that re-enables the old sand generators. I've installed it and it works; my sand generator is once again online. If you need sandstone, I recommend that you make use of it because I plan on removing the fix and replacing it with the (slower and more balanced) plugin whenever that plugin becomes available.

[edit] I've also found a program that makes it easy to make London Tube-style rail maps. I've updated the rail map in the OP with a new version in this style. If I've missed any stations or lines, please let me know.
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-29-2012 at 15:23.

Who is the joker who put a portal in the nether with the top side in the middle of the sea.. in the air (approx x3797 y-571)? Luckily I had a stack of dirt with me...
    Status Emeritus

Who is the joker who put a portal in the nether with the top side in the middle of the sea.. in the air (approx x3797 y-571)? Luckily I had a stack of dirt with me...
    Based on the coordinates, that sounds like the location of the old Mushroom Island portal. Was the nether side of it at the end of a cobblestone road, in kind of a cobble house near a lava ocean? The island itself was deleted a while ago during some map regeneration, but the Nether portal to that area remained. You may have been the first person to go through it since the deletion, so it would have generated a new portal in the old spot, but there's no island there anymore, just open ocean.

Based on the coordinates, that sounds like the location of the old Mushroom Island portal. Was the nether side of it at the end of a cobblestone road, in kind of a cobble house near a lava ocean? The island itself was deleted a while ago during some map regeneration, but the Nether portal to that area remained. You may have been the first person to go through it since the deletion, so it would have generated a new portal in the old spot, but there's no island there anymore, just open ocean.
    Yeah... very near a nether fortress. The portal hangs in the air.. just out of reach for you to attach blocks to it... I had to swim to the bottom of the ocean and start stacking blocks...
    Status Emeritus

Yeah... very near a nether fortress. The portal hangs in the air.. just out of reach for you to attach blocks to it... I had to swim to the bottom of the ocean and start stacking blocks...
    Yeah, that's the old mushroom island portal. This post has a screenshot of the world map at the time that place existed, the mushroom island is partially visible under some of the red scribbles in the bottom right corner. That looks like approximately the same location as the coordinates you gave.

A tweak has been developed that re-enables the old sand generators. I've installed it and it works; my sand generator is once again online. If you need sandstone, I recommend that you make use of it because I plan on removing the fix and replacing it with the (slower and more balanced) plugin whenever that plugin becomes available.

[edit] I've also found a program that makes it easy to make London Tube-style rail maps. I've updated the rail map in the OP with a new version in this style. If I've missed any stations or lines, please let me know.
    Neat. Too bad I just recently tore down the sand generator I had built, thinking it'd never function.... guess I'd better get it cranking. Make hay (or sand) while the sun shines...
    Last edited by Xiahou; 11-30-2012 at 04:49.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Built myself a little underwater dome to live in....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Name:	2012-11-30_22.57.47.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	673.6 KB 
ID:	8096

Name:	2012-11-30_23.12.30.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	8097
    -Abraham Lincoln

Nice! How did you do it without drowning?

How did I not drown? I used a helmet enchanted with respiration III and a bucket.

How did I do it? I made the form out of sand on the surface above the site by building a cobblestone platform. Then I went below and leveled the sea floor out under the site. Next, I broke up the cobblestone which allowed the sand to fall to the sea floor. Finally, I covered the sand form in glass and went inside and dug it out.

I'd like to do something bigger and deeper in the sea, but that took alot of time.....
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    How did I not drown? I used a helmet enchanted with respiration III and a bucket.

How did I do it? I made the form out of sand on the surface above the site by building a cobblestone platform. Then I went below and leveled the sea floor out under the site. Next, I broke up the cobblestone which allowed the sand to fall to the sea floor. Finally, I covered the sand form in glass and went inside and dug it out.

I'd like to do something bigger and deeper in the sea, but that took alot of time.....
    Clever engineering there. I would never have thought to use sand like that.

Clever engineering there. I would never have thought to use sand like that.
    Thanks.

I'm brainstorming on a way to remove the sand without having to dig it all. I know when sand falls onto various objects it can break it up for you, but I haven't thought of a good way to make use of that. I'd need another false platform on the sea floor with switches or the like under it that I could remove after I encased the form in glass. Then the sand would fall onto that and break up. That'd be alot of extra steps, but in a large dome it'd probably save enough digging to be worthwhile......
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    Thanks.

I'm brainstorming on a way to remove the sand without having to dig it all. I know when sand falls onto various objects it can break it up for you, but I haven't thought of a good way to make use of that. I'd need another false platform on the sea floor with switches or the like under it that I could remove after I encased the form in glass. Then the sand would fall onto that and break up. That'd be alot of extra steps, but in a large dome it'd probably save enough digging to be worthwhile......
    Torches are the easiest method IMO. I'd say do exactly as you already did for the existing one. When that's done, dig down three squares below the dome, then hollow out the bottom two squares of that for the entire dome footprint. Essentially, a two high floor below the dome, with a single block above your head holding up the sand. Place a torch on every square, then mine the ceiling. All of the sand will come down and break on the torches without mining required. That said, you'd have to mine the area under the sand, so it would probably only be worth the effort for a very large sand structure.

Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast