Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    It's not a lot to see yet. Those are merely my strongest feelings halfway through a fluffy day one.

This is a gamble that can hurt. A town dp101 is not someone I want to lynch. But risk is part of the game.

Vote: dp101
    I just don't see the logic in it atm. Your feelings bother me, stop pls. Manasi maybe cuz she's great, but definitely not Champ.

Dp is the scummiest person itt by a huge margin, from what I've seen. There's no rectifying that I don't think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Yeah but it also depends on what he does do. And it also puts our suspicions on record as being genuine pressure we'd be willing to kill for, not merely scum distancing.

That's just as important to the solve. Open-mind and willing to change good, pure wishy-washy not good and makes it harder for townies to see who actually is willing to do what.
    What about my play is at all unwilling to change? I have trouble reading spam, this is a known fact, so I wasn't going to put tonnes of effort into this game until that calmed down.

Town reads on me are no longer being accepted as valid currency.

Flashing error message will occur, as you are stating the obvious, and providing no insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I just don't see the logic in it atm. Your feelings bother me, stop pls. Manasi maybe cuz she's great, but definitely not Champ.

Dp is the scummiest person itt by a huge margin, from what I've seen. There's no rectifying that I don't think.
    Do you tunnel as scum? Because this is the most tunnely statement I think I've ever seen you make.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_snow View Post
    You being the Helpful Townie is taken into consideration.

As is the point raised.
    It feels scummy, that post you're responding to.

If it wasn't me and I didn't know that player's alignment I'd think it's a bit wolfy.

Helpful Townie = wolf tactic.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Town reads on me are no longer being accepted as valid currency.

Flashing error message will occur, as you are stating the obvious, and providing no insight.
    So, I've heard you're town...

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Do you tunnel as scum? Because this is the most tunnely statement I think I've ever seen you make.
    Does asking someone if they tunnel as scum tell you literally anything if they answer it? If he says yes, do you think he's town or scum for it? If he says no, do you think he's town or scum for it?

This is finals week for me, I don't have much energy. I'll go and reread the thread and post something more conclusive in a minute. If you were looking for more opinions from me though, here's one: you are town.
    Why'd you need to be prodded to do this? That's bad.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

It's not a lot to see yet. Those are merely my strongest feelings halfway through a fluffy day one.

This is a gamble that can hurt. A town dp101 is not someone I want to lynch. But risk is part of the game.

Vote: dp101
    I'm pretty sure that every single time you are scum, other than the first time when you didn't know me, you did this same pressure on me from early on. Trying to take me out before I can clear myself?

Just like ATPG, I can't stop this feelin'

It feels scummy, that post you're responding to.

If it wasn't me and I didn't know that player's alignment I'd think it's a bit wolfy.

Helpful Townie = wolf tactic.
    Hence the italicized consideration.

I think it was a potentially wolfy post that may or may not have come from a wolf, and definitely comes from someone who takes pride in being irritatingly difficult to tell if they are a wolf or not.

I was doing other things, now I'm back, and I had an opinion, and I saw a way to work it into a conversation. I just happened to post it at the same time as the pressure, and worded it badly such that it looks like I is a product of the pressure.

Official Tally as of #222

----

Day 1 ends in:

----

2 Askthepizzaguy (crimson_snow, Montmorency)
    2 Dp101 (Csargo, Askthepizzaguy)

1 autolycus (Jowy) [edit: neglected to copy this over from excel]
    1 Champ (Manasi)
    1 Fredwood (El Barto)
    1 Manasi (Champ)
    1 novice (autolycus)
    1 Sooh (BSmith)
    1 Winston Hughes (Logic)

----

Not Voting: Cuthillius, Dp101, Fredwood, novice, Sooh, Winston Hughes

Not Posting: (everyone has posted )

----

If you notice anything wrong, PM me. I counted votes by literally ctrl+f "Vote:", and if an attempted vote didn't adhere to that then it doesn't count.
    Last edited by Zack; 06-22-2017 at 02:22.

I'll keep an open mind but this is really on the wrong foot for a game opening. Too much reliance on excuses not to give leans, having to be pushed to do so.

I get that you're struggling and circumstances can make things difficult, but the most telling thing for me is how you choose to approach those challenges.

No townie WIM but sticking around to respond to pokes and prods on you is a bad look from anyone, especially a dp101 caliber townie.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Scum-DP is a slacker. Lots of excuses in the thread for not playing the game, meanwhile he's chatting away in the scum nest ^^

Member thankful for this post:

Does asking someone if they tunnel as scum tell you literally anything if they answer it? If he says yes, do you think he's town or scum for it? If he says no, do you think he's town or scum for it?
    I have found that generally, people don't lie about meta as scum, because it's really easy to be found out. If they say yes, I think they are scummy, because their posts have been pretty tunnely. If they say no, then probably slight town.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Part of me wants to be contrarian and stick with my town lean/dislike of the push on DP, but the lack of town reads/leans, calling people null, yet not really trying to change that sends up a couple red flags.
    Only part of you wants to be contrarian? That would point out that you are going against… yourself.
    Here, have some information El bartus.

Vote: El barto
    I require more information, sir.
    1) justification for this vote
    2) justification for why you later changed it to Dp101.
    3) justification for why you do this while I am eating.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Oh, right, I voted Ask.

I don't actually want to lynch Ask. Yet. Probably. Maybe. Perhaps.

Vote: Cuthillius

I'm pretty sure that every single time you are scum, other than the first time when you didn't know me, you did this same pressure on me from early on. Trying to take me out before I can clear myself?
    Howl more, dp?

I think I did this once when I was scum. Compare and contrast the games if you like. Let me know if I missed a game. A game is not a trend, and you pointing it out is not a defense.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I'll keep an open mind but this is really on the wrong foot for a game opening. Too much reliance on excuses not to give leans, having to be pushed to do so.

I get that you're struggling and circumstances can make things difficult, but the most telling thing for me is how you choose to approach those challenges.

No townie WIM but sticking around to respond to pokes and prods on you is a bad look from anyone, especially a dp101 caliber townie.
    No wim? I was sleeping, and then at school with no time to post. Why do you think that my being busy is not a plausible explanation for my lack of posts? This post from you also feels very typical in terms of early scum pushes from you on me.

Howl more, dp?

I think I did this once when I was scum. Compare and contrast the games if you like. Let me know if I missed a game. A game is not a trend, and you pointing it out is not a defense.
    I take that back, I don't think that scum Pizza is quite this arrogant.

I take that back, I don't think that scum Pizza is quite this arrogant.
    I don't even know him and I suspect he'd be exactly this arrogant.

I kind of like the backpedal on it from you though.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I was doing other things, now I'm back, and I had an opinion, and I saw a way to work it into a conversation. I just happened to post it at the same time as the pressure, and worded it badly such that it looks like I is a product of the pressure.
    No wim? I was sleeping, and then at school with no time to post. Why do you think that my being busy is not a plausible explanation for my lack of posts? This post from you also feels very typical in terms of early scum pushes from you on me.
    I take it that you are using a smartphone to post?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

What about my play is at all unwilling to change? I have trouble reading spam, this is a known fact, so I wasn't going to put tonnes of effort into this game until that calmed down.
    The post you quoted wasn't in reference to you, but to a decision on how to play.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Scum-DP is a slacker. Lots of excuses in the thread for not playing the game, meanwhile he's chatting away in the scum nest ^^
    This is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    I take it that you are using a smartphone to post?
    Yup.

This is very true.
    How would you compare this game to your scum game, if that is "very true"?

This is very true.
    And very applicable to our current situation.

Crimson was updated to fairly strong townie based on this post, and for no other reason.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Yup.
    This would increase the likelihood that you are a mafioso, in my view.

Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast