Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mod vs Mod - TWS2 multiplayer campaign deatchmatch

Default Re: Mod vs Mod - TWS2 multiplayer campaign deatchmatch

Still waiting for the AI to start kicking butt and taking numbers. BTW who initiated the trade agreement between the Zimazu and Chosomonkey?
    This space intentionally left blank

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    Still waiting for the AI to start kicking butt and taking numbers. BTW who initiated the trade agreement between the Zimazu and Chosomonkey?
    Lol, I think it was me. We both needed the cash! and it was in our truce phase so what the heck, right?

I will have another update up later today or tomorrow. We've started fighting now but there's still a bunch more to update you on before we get to that...
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Chosomonkey Update #3, part 1

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Daimyo's grieving wife takes over the running of the clan. Hopefully she is a better leader than the dear departed husband, although I note she doesn't come with a free unit of heavy cavalry..

In fact, her first move is to try to get peace with the dastardly (and rather rude) Miyoshi.

pleasepleaseplease....oh. Well, they got her gender right anyways..

The Chosokabe still have some troops and plenty of cash to recruit more, so a recruitment drive is underway and everyone in the field is ordered back to Tosa for a last stand defence.

Meanwhile my ninja begins his training.

And some more trade ships are sent to the nodes.

No sign of the Miyoshi yet, and the defences are growing at Tosa. Maybe I'll get out of this alive...

Tee hee - I just beat him to that node.

More ninja activity and he levels up.

Chosomonkey Update #3, part 2 (this is a big one)

Aha, somebody wants to help out with my general lack of generals.

To the nodes!

Miyoshi have missed their chance for a quick strike on Tosa - now I have a full stack in there.

My ninja gives me a look at what's still at Awa. Basically everything they have.

Ok, so it's time to go on the offensive again.

Nodes nodes nodes, looking for a good time

Approaching Miyoshi territory.

Form sounds nice.

Bit of a trade bonus never goes amiss.

Send my metsuke first, then he can keep order in my newly captured province.

HaHaHa, eat this Miyoshi

Superior stone is what it's all about..

Time to back it up.

And my ninja can cause them some trouble while I approach.

The mighty Chosokabe invasion force waits on the border.

It occurs to me that I might be able to solve my Daimyo problem. Why didn't I think of this before?!

This is where I learn the ultimate truth I've been searching for all these years: Miyoshi are campers.

Still camping.

Some hippies arrive at Tosa in a floating bathtub bearing trinkets, beads and string. They smell like patchouli oil and the Daimyo's wife is not impressed with their beards and grubby sandals.

Send them away! Dirty hippies...

Hold on, someone has left the camp!

That was dumb.

Camping Miyoshi suffer unusual accidents.

And while they camp out at Awa, I waltz round the back and take that other place.

Another guy joins the party.

C'mon you campers, come and get it.

tum te tum

te tum

Hold on a minute, didn't they call my woman a woman for asking for peace? Stick it, campers!

A welcome break in the form of a trade agreement with those weirdos the Ikko Ikki
    (srsly, what's wrong with them?)

Mastery of Form is essential to a balanced life.

Finally I get sick of the Miyoshi campers and besiege Awa.

And eventually they grow a pair and come out to face me.

This battle is long and hard fought. Zim does well with his light cav and butchers many of my archers. The arrival of my reinforcements settles the day but I suffer heavy losses.

Not sure these guys have heard of Pyrrhus, but they get the idea I guess.

Miyoshi, where did your bravado go?

Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 04-19-2011 at 00:49.

And I added some photos to Zim's second update - only in the Throne Room thread (see link in first post)

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Ugh, way too long with no update.

Update 3

The mighty Daimyo of the Shimazu is bored. Many seasons have passed by without a battle. His land is ringed in by a greedy ally who swooped in and took land he had been eyeing (quite unlike the glorious expansion of his own territory in the meantime). Even worse, they had joined a foreign religion and made enemies of all of Japan. Surely it was a matter of time before someone else conquered them. Perhaps we ought to relieve them of their territory, so that it would fall to a friend and not an enemy that would misuse their land and people?

Having made his decision, the Daimyo cancels his alliance with Sagara and declares war, quickly striking at their southern territory.

Having recently opened trade relations with the barbaric Chosokabe, the Daimyo has heard they rely on archers to win their battles. Perhaps that could work here?

Hmmm, perhaps their enemies are also not bright enough to seek shelter from a hail of arrows.

Once the opposing forces have been whittled to nearly nothing, spear ashigaru burn and storm one of the gates. While their willingness to run through a burning gate does not speak well of his troops' intelligence, at least it does of their enthusiasm.
    The few remaining defenders are quckly overrun.

Reclining in the main hall of his new castle, the Daimyo receives shocking news. One of his sons, on a scouting mission, ran into a huge Sagara army. He did not survive the ensuing battle.

Knowing he could not face down this army but unwilling to relinquish a chance for vengeance, he sends his other son Yoshisasa to come in on the Sagara capital from the north and bait their main force away so it can be taken. He is successful in this, but perhaps too much. The Sagara leader persues him relentlessly and catches up to his large but ill equipped army. It does not go well.

Yoshisasa sets his men up on a wooded hill in hopes of taking advantage of his archer superiority. The Sagara general will have none of this and shortly orders a charge. The Shimazu peasant army is massacred and another Shimazu heir falls.

The plan succeeds but even after doubling Shimazu territory for the second time in a few years the victory feels hollow.

V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Chosomonkey Update #4

To recap following our long hiatus, we Chosomonkey are currently engaged in a struggle to the death with the camping Miyoshi.

We press for a swift resolution at Miyoshi base camp.

Our seizure of Awa causes the Shogun himself to glance in our direction. Our hearts are all a-flutter.

This is what you get if you mess with the Chosomonkey.

Some good management practice is adopted.

We spend some time building up our forces...

...all the while conscious that our economy is worryingly dependent on the dirty Zimazu across the pond..no one else will trade with us!

Maybe we'll go take a look...

A perplexing outcome.

With the actual war between us being the most interesting point and with so much ground to cover reaching it, I'm going to do a shortened history of the Shimazu up to the current conflict.

An abridged history of the Shimazu:

Both tragedy and success would follow the Shimazu over the next few years. The Daimyo Shimazu Takahisa would fall taking his vengeance on the now rebels who killed his son, but his successor Hirotsune would lead the clan to new victories and recognition by the royal court.

Daimyo Takahisa would war with the Shoni for control of the island they both called home. After a string of victories the Shoni were pushed back to the coast, holding only the city of Buzen. However, Takahisa and his new appointed heir Mitsuaki had overstretched their territories, and knew they would not be able to hold up against a counteroffensive. So the Daimyo sued for peace, allowing the Shoni their outpost in exchange for recognition of his rule over the rest of the island.

The Shimazu's new borders.

For a time the Shimazu would be mostly inwardly focused. Their one aggressive act in this period was to relieve the failing state of the Miyoshi of their trade node, bringing Koku much needed for development.

Otherwise, they studied new technologies, and a monastic center was built in Hyuga for the enlightenment of the Shimazu people and to counteract the preaching of the unwashed foreigners that were bringing such wealth to the lands of the Daimyo.

Of course, military technologies were not ignored. The foreigners brought with them weapons using gunpowder that showed promise, and larger ships were built to protect the Daimyo's trade interests.

It is likely this peaceful age could have continued for many more years were it not for the treachery of the foul Chosokabe. An agent, one of the assassins known as ninjas, was landed right in front of the Shimazu clan's biggest port, no doubt seeking to blend in before making his way to the Daimyo to assassinate him. For the preservation of their honor the Daimyo would have to make war upon these honorless dogs!

Chosomonkey update #5: The War of the Islands Commences

On his return, the ninja's evident confusion simply added to the sense of forebodeing at Chosomonkey HQ.

His tales of bearded stinking hippy-types with crosses and an encounter with a strange old man in a large hat convinced the Daimyo that a declaration of war by these strange and degenerate Zimazu would soon follow.

And so like all good Chosomonkey Daimyos, he threw caution to the wind....

Unfortunately, so did the Kikkawa.

Almost as if they had been planning to strike all along, the Shimazu landed an invasion fleet! On the hallowed shores of Iyo! The dastardly, ungodly, dishonourable, hippy-loving, beatnik so-and-sos...

The Daimyo rode out to meet them.

The first line of defence is attack....at night, while your enemy is sleeping..

Meanwhile, somewhere in the heaving waters of the ocean a naval conflict was brewing. The prize? The very nodes themselves!

The Chosomonkey sailors made pretty shapes in the water with their ships, convinced this would win them the day.

The Zimazu were more direct. Clearly their close contact with nanban gaijin and their barbarous combat techniques had rubbed off.

The Zimazu look upon one of their new ships.

The final Chosomonkey ship is chased down.

The node was lost. O woe!

A second node came under attack.

The Chosomonkey naval command decided similar tactics were in order. For why change your style of battle simply because it results in crushing defeat?

Traffic Jam

Similar events unfurled.

Zimazu captains prove rather less competent than the troops they carry, and try to batter through surrendered ships rather than go around.

By the time they sort things out, the remainder of the Chosomonkey fleet is well on its way to the magical red lines beyond which they cannot be chased.

But a slightly better outcome was gained. Still, the second node was lost. O woe!

Never mind. Koku aren't useful for anything anyway, right?

Right?

Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 09-02-2011 at 05:22.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    You should see me play. That's even funnier.
    Oh, we have (thanks TC!).

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!

That's some very funny reading, well done, both of you.

Be interesting to see how the battle goes. There's a little bit of a power skew - sure the Zimasu have more land, wealth and soldiers, but the Chosomonkies are in touch with their inner simian. Historically, the monkey won.

For why change your style of battle simply because it results in crushing defeat?
    Damn! It's too late for me to include that in the guide. Maybe I can edit ...
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Blog Entries

This is intresting

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Unfortunately, so did the Kikkawa.

The Zimasu would just like to preemptively state that they have no idea why the good and noble Kikkawa might attack the filthy and treacherous Chosomonkeys. Perhaps the latter's baseness and lack of honor have made them a target?

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

A very good read !

And wisdom to aid us in our daily lives is in it, too.

For why change your style of battle simply because it results in crushing defeat?

A mini update for the first big battle between our factions.

In response to the Chosokabe's landing of an assassin on Shizamu soil the trade agreement with them was ended. Generous terms were offered for its renewal, but for some reason they not only did they refuse, they declared war.

So the Zimazu prepared for war with the Chosomonkey dogs. Our port towns filled with the sound of industry as two mighty fleets were put together. The stories of their victories as they drove the Chosokabe from their trade nodes is chronicled elsewhere, but not yet told is the fate of the invasion of Shikoku that followed. A mighty force was put together under the heir Mitsuaki and landed near Iyo.

Shortly after, its leader was found dead in his tent. Clearly the Chosomonkey knew that if Mitsuaki lived their cowardly troops would lack the courage to attack the army of such a stalwart general, or so the new commander Hongo Nobunori told himself. Then again, he also told himself things couldn't get any worse...

Undaunted by the greater numbers, he arrayed his troops on a hill preparing to meet the charge of the ill disciplined rabble that made up the Chosomonkey army.

Before moving up the hill, several units of archers were ordered to put up obstacles to stmy charges.

Zimasu spearmen bracing for the enemy's charge.

After exchanging volleys of fire the Chosomonkeys came on in a great horde. Norunobi's archers spread out seeking better firing points to take as many of the enemy with them as possible, while his cavalry went hunting after the enemy general.

The Zimasu cavalry were successful in their hunt, ambushing an enemy general that came to reinforce the enemy. Knowing that the battle was over, Norunobi ordered the retreat. Against superior numbers and with their leader so recently assassinated, the Zimasu had still injured their enemy greatly and inflicted far more losses than they took. For now that was the only victory that could be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    A very good read !

And wisdom to aid us in our daily lives is in it, too.
    If only he kept following that wise saying.

Chosomonkey update #6: Mopping Up

With the Zimazu invasion force roundly defeated it just remained to mop up the survivors before they could board ship and flee.
    The Daimyo, growing in influence and stature all the time, ordered his ninjas to stop the enemy army from leaving while he could make up ground on them and wipe them out.

Then he moved in for the kill.

The enemy force was hiding on a hill in some trees, true to their nature, the honourless cowards.

The battle was short but still the enemy escaped with a small force.

And so the Daimyo ordered his troops in without him and on the military advisors' advice stayed back in order to preserve the family line and the leadership of the mighty Chosomonkey clan.

At least that's what they thought. Unbeknownst to his wise military advisors the brave and somewhat hotheaded Chosomonkey Daimyo slipped out the back of his tent and rode off to join the battle...alone...arriving just in time and just on the wrong side of the battlefield to be caught and killed by the honourless dog Zimazus, to the stunned disbelief of his army.

It was a bittersweet moment for the Chosomonkeys. Their invading foe was vanquished but their Daimyo had fallen.....again....

EDIT: also new pics in the last two updates, courtesy of each other
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 09-02-2011 at 05:22.

Blog Entries

Please continue I want to see the chosomonkeys crushed

I'm gonna have to start reading to catch-up on this deathmatch. The comments here have me quite intrigued.
    This space intentionally left blank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12