Thread: EB v1.21 - The work continues

Default EB v1.21 - The work continues

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Europa_Barbarorum_Logo_III.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	18307

Hello to all Europa Barbarorum fans, i can't believe along with you that our beloved mod EB is going to be updated after 8! years. This version 1.21 is going to feature general improvements and include all the original fixes plus mine ones to be the perfect EB we all want. There are going to be a series of releases for testing until the final 1.21 starting with 1.21a asap.
    -b0Gia

Instructions about 1.21a.

All you are going to need is to install EB 1.1 and EB 1.2. This version will include the original fixes so you don't need to install them. So only EB 1.1, EB 1.2 and the current version. That means that you should create a clear install to better be safe. Now about any mods you are using, if the modder is offline for a very long time, you can request from me to make them compatible with the current version so you could continue to use them. Until then very few are combatible and you should ask if anything is compatible in order to not break your build.

Update: Version 1.21a Released!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/py...khm/v1.21a.rar

Unpack into your RTW Folder

I will try to make Europa Barbarorum more historical than even and more beautiful too.

Long Live Europa Barbarorum!

Changelog 1.21a

Battle Changes

Custom Battles
    - Added 32 Historical Battles
    - Fixed Custom Battles to show more factional units

Battle AI
    -New AI Formations

Unit Mechanics
    - Rework of Custom Battles, added more factionals and less generic, work will continue on this.
    - New EDU

Campaign Changes

Buildings
    - Updated EDB

Campaign AI
    - Rework of the faction attitudes
    - New Victory Conditions for all factions
    - Updated Faction Attitudes
    - New movement speed

Campaign Map
    - Settlement name changes

Recruitment
    - Updated recruitment for Romans

Scripting
    - Updated Game Script
    - New reforms and revised the old ones
    - New money script
    - Updated Spoils of victory script

UI
    - Eastern Hellenic Portraits
    - New victory conditions maps
    - Changed watchtowers for villages

Units
    - New Units

Miscellaneous
    - Small stuff added, bug hunting (all bugs from original EB fixed), EB fixes added, clean up and reworking.

Credit List
    Here, as a member of Europa Barbarorum Team i want to thank special these fans for all their hard work all these years that is finally being implemented into Europa Barbarorum. Also i want to thank everyone that made a contribution to Europa Barbarorum. Thanks to all of you guys for your work and support all these years.

Atraphoenix
    jirisys
    Mouais
    Seer7
    Torf
    Megas Methuselah
    DARTH VADER
    LDC
    Finn MacCumhail
    konny
    Centurio Nixalsverdrus
    To all modders of Europa Barbarorum

Members thankful for this post (7):

+ Show/Hide List

Default Re: EB v1.21 - The work continues

Thats great a more concise install was needed, thanks.

That was unexpected but very welcome news!
    ξυνòς 'Evυáλιoς κaí τε κτανéoντα κατéκτα
    Alike to all is the War God, and him who would kill he kills. (Il. 18.309)

Going to give this mod a go on Alex! Can I ask what are the major changes to the unit EDU?

Also what changes have been mde to Roman recruitment? I noticed that I can only recruite hastati, principies + Triarii in Rome.

Thanks for any feedback
    Last edited by Conan; 06-06-2016 at 15:02.

the angry, angry elephantid Member wooly_mammoth's Avatar

Nice to hear. I just finished my first ever campaign in this mod, as Carthage. I have to say I'm pretty stormblown by the experience and for the most part have nothing but excellent impressions. Can't really understand why reviewers have said over the course of time that the mod has a steep learning curve, because it's pretty much rtw with an important choice in the building chain (government). Just two things I didn't like:

1. I got no victory screen :(. I occupied all the cities the advisor said I needed to occupy plus I occupied the ones that were labeled as "raiding targets", then I took Sidon and nothing happened. Hopefully this update addresses the issue.

2. Personally, I find it weird when I chase an enemy general across the entirety of Italy and after each crushing defeat he gains more command stars :/. Game felt kind of imbalanced with my own generals getting command very slowly and the AI spamming 10 star generals out of thin air. Makes the difficulty of the battles somewhat artificial, since levy units hold their ground against elites, inflict horrendous casualties and fight to the very last man against all the odds.

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Dear B0Gia,

Thank you and your dedicated friends for doing this for the loyal community still playing EB 1.2! Although Windows is trying hard to kill the support for playing the RTW disc, there are still probably a lot of lurking players who will appreciate your efforts very much!

Some questions:
    1. Can you be more specific about the new/updated reforms? Or are you deliberately teasing us?
    2. Is it save game compatible? Probably not looking at all the changes..?

@Wooly mammoth
    1. Did you activate the script each time before continuing your campaign? If you do, then maybe the victory conditions screen is outdated. To see the implemented victory conditions, click the "?" button, settlements which you should take are highlighted now. Maybe this update fixed these issues for you in the future?

2. Are you playing on Very Hard Battle difficulty? If so, make it medium to get a more realistic experience. The AI won't get any smarter in battle on VH, just buffed stats to your disadvantage to make it more challenging. The point about command stars probably has to do with the AI being boosted by the EB team to pose a challenge to you. As you are probably more tactically gifted than the AI, and smarter, this is the way for compensating for AI stupidity.

~Fluvius
    Last edited by Fluvius Camillus; 06-24-2016 at 19:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

the angry, angry elephantid Member wooly_mammoth's Avatar

Hey, thanks for the reply. On the topic of victory screen, yes, the script was activated. I triple checked everything so unless it's a bug (not that big of a deal anyway), maybe it has something to do with the fact that I had occupied the cities labeled as "raiding targets". Maybe I was supposed to conquer them, let them rebel and take them again if I wished, but without them going rebel it doesn't count as a raid. As for the battles, I was playing them on medium difficulty but it kind of felt like hard in vanilla. I switched to easy in the new romani campaign and now I can actually hold a line against waves of plebs without losing half the army. I like it better this way.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Hello.

I am glad EB has been updated, although you have made my work on JEBMMP 1.1 both easier and slightly more pointless.

I wanted to ask if ExTSO has been implemented as part of the update? I believe ExTSO is probably something very nice to have already in EB itself (although, again, as I said, made my work pointless ). Hopefully you can add ExTSO into the update. ExTSO would be nice. Did I mention ExTSO?

~Jirisys ()

Oh, and @Fluvius Camillus: Heya there old pal.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Member thankful for this post:

Wow, this is wonderful news! I'd already relegated EB to a classic good old game that will never go beyond where it stopped, and was perfectly content with playing it as it was (even more, I think, than EB2) but this has been a wonderful surprise! Kudos to all the modders who worked on this and still pay attention to EB1!

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    Hello.

I am glad EB has been updated, although you have made my work on JEBMMP 1.1 both easier and slightly more pointless.

I wanted to ask if ExTSO has been implemented as part of the update? I believe ExTSO is probably something very nice to have already in EB itself (although, again, as I said, made my work pointless ). Hopefully you can add ExTSO into the update. ExTSO would be nice. Did I mention ExTSO?

~Jirisys ()

It was not the purpose to make all the work of the other modders useless, more to give life to a bit "frozen" project (i don't like the term dead) @jirisys You are one of the modders who made a lot of work for the EB and i want once again as Europa Barbarorum Team to thank you for all that you have offered to EB. Hope this version to be the little step for all modders come again near to EB.

Some info until now about the downloads:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12121.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	18665

You can check here for more news about the version:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...arbarorum-(EB)

been thinkin about this game lately, turned some 300 fanatics at work onto it. on a whim came here last night and saw this. made a quick submod with forced diplomacy and some city-mod type stuff. romani h/m. so much nostalgia.
    Last edited by moriluk; 10-29-2016 at 20:56.

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    Hello.

~Jirisys ()

Can't download ExTSO what happened in general?

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

It was just a joke friend!

I will make sure the issues are solved promptly.

~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Member thankful for this post: