Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2226

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    He said something was in your scum range, but you point out he's never played a game with you as scum.
    I've hung around here a lot, enough to have an opinion about his scum range.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I simply don't get what you are getting at. I'm not sure if you started a case one way, and then changed your mind, or if there is something else entirely that is going over my head.
    How do those two lines you're referring to contradict each other?

Wowee you guys are talkative.

I should be around for the rest of the day.

Did Fred call me hopeless wtf?

Skimmed the last two pages and have pretty confident town leans on Fred/Cuth.

Novice isn't understanding the undeniable fact that I'm an airhead.

El Barto is so much quieter this game than I would have ever expected. Might be a scum lean eeeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    I took the bullet of a three-hour child's birthday party today, so I'm sitting pretty right now.
    I just assembled and filled two IKEA wardrobes and five IKEA bookshelves. The birthday party wins though.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

I don't think I have any more time for posting and analysis until about this time tomorrow. I will be reading, but for now I do think novice is the best lynch today.

Vote: Novice
    Aliases Yakostovian

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Ok, I'm awake now. I feel overall that in the ISO spam phase while I was gone, Cuth came out as towniest, with Pizza as scummiest, and Fred probably town. Maybe I'm just getting pocketed really hard by Novice/Cuth, but I can't recall a single post by either of them that seemed overly-constructed or that I actually disagreed with. Fred has good intentions/tone, even though I disagree with his conclusions he's probably good. Logic still feels excessively null to me, and I don't know how to feel about that. Pizza is IMO agenda pushing with his leaving out of good Novice posts, so Vote: Askthepizzaguy

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    talked about it a bit yesterday, liked a bit of the tonal stuff afterwards

still not sure how i feel about it

i'm at the point where i'm almost sure there's at least one scum in pizza/csargo

but i'm not quite sure there's one scum in pizza/csargo

i think IF csargo is scum there's quite a solid chance of pizza being such along with him, what with his defense and townreading of csargo being to an unusually disproportionate level compared with the rest of the game

like you look around thread and say, yo, who really thinks csargo's town

and that's mostly pizza, but then some people seem to be taking that and running with it because pizza said it

if y'know what i mean

reverse i don't think is NECESSARILY as likely

but

they COULD both be town

i'm just looking around the game nonplussed

if they ARE, then i'd be looking more at barto/sooh/manasi/auto/winston group

if they aren't everything makes more sense buuut at the same time

hrmhrmhrmhrm

i do get the sense that pizza's been misrepresenting people and cases he's talked about in ways that seem ??? as town, but

i don't KNOW the inner workings of his mind

it just seems like he's creating a framework of people and townies and scums and pushing it super aggressively

which could be fine, could be town leading, could be great

but on the whole i'm not too fond of the way he's been going about doing that or reading people to achieve said framework

yesterday when he picks up on jowy, he's all hey i think he's scummy, and then ASKS THE THREAD AT LARGE why they think jowy's town, ignores, gets any people together he can, and today makes lame excuses about "at least he feels good he lynched there"

he frames things like my colored votes in a very odd way

rather than something like "people could have gotten paranoid" he was all "that could have made me tinfoil you and something something GET LYNCHED"

it was completely blowing everything out of proportion in a way that just didn't really make sense

i think the meta arguments are wholly wifom, highly variable and undependable, and a waste of time

anyway, this is where i feel most comfortable today

vote:askthepizzaguy
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    How do those two lines you're referring to contradict each other?
    It reads really wishy washy to me. Lime something he can point to when he backtracks.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Ok, I'm awake now. I feel overall that in the ISO spam phase while I was gone, Cuth came out as towniest, with Pizza as scummiest, and Fred probably town. Maybe I'm just getting pocketed really hard by Novice/Cuth, but I can't recall a single post by either of them that seemed overly-constructed or that I actually disagreed with. Fred has good intentions/tone, even though I disagree with his conclusions he's probably good. Logic still feels excessively null to me, and I don't know how to feel about that. Pizza is IMO agenda pushing with his leaving out of good Novice posts, so Vote: Askthepizzaguy
    Says he disagrees with my conclusions but says things that I concluded. Cuth literally did the same thing.

Says he disagrees with my conclusions but says things that I concluded. Cuth literally did the same thing.

I could have sworn that you were scumreadingn Novice at the end of that, sorry, I really need to reread again when I'm more awake.

Nah I just had questions that I wanted answered, one specifically, it's been cleared up. I did say a Novice lynch would give us the most information of any lynch currently, still not a good lynch.

Voting Pizza means I would have to sheep the meta on the meta of his meta...meta.

Nah I just had questions that I wanted answered, one specifically, it's been cleared up. I did say a Novice lynch would give us the most information of any lynch currently, still not a good lynch.
    Still not a good reason to lynch*

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I need more sweet reads Dp, give them to me. Sooh, Manasi, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I'd like to see a complete iso from ATPG before he's inevitably lynched by paranoid people tbh. It'll be useful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I need more sweet reads Dp, give them to me. Sooh, Manasi, ect.
    I don't think Sooh is teamed with Pizza, but she still seems moderately independently scummy, mostly because it felt like she had an agenda behind her posts more that just letting them develop naturally over time. Manasi is rather null, not enough posts and most of them are pretty bland. I need to reread both of them though, most of their posts are from a while ago. Winston is still strong town for me. GH is pretty meh and awkward, but I don't think that's AI.

I don't think Sooh is teamed with Pizza, but she still seems moderately independently scummy, mostly because it felt like she had an agenda behind her posts more that just letting them develop naturally over time. Manasi is rather null, not enough posts and most of them are pretty bland. I need to reread both of them though, most of their posts are from a while ago. Winston is still strong town for me. GH is pretty meh and awkward, but I don't think that's AI.
    I'd mostly agree with this assessment. Manasi slight town for me though, only difference.

The more i read on it, it looks like cuth has been pretty consistently disagreeing with pizza.

Meanwhile, I feel like I have been playing "follow the pizza." I'm agreeing with him far more often than I should be, so I think I am going to read the thread and skip his posts to see if I can form my own opinion based on what everyone else is saying to each other.

And yes, I am aware i need to put in more effort than I did in my last Org game. I will be responding to mentions, so if you need my attention specifically, that is probably the best way to do it.
    Aliases Yakostovian

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

You're literally quoting the reaction test to see Bart's response. I was purposefully exhibiting what I thought was scum behavior to try and read his response for something that felt off to me. There was none, not even a mention and later switched. The reaction, or the lack of one, is the basis for my scum read on him, within the thread the progression should be obvious.
    Purposefully behaving as scum? Why would you ever do such a thing?
    El Barto, I still haven't seen you explain this: Why did you specifically call Fredwood's attention to your vote on him, but then not follow up his (intentionally scummy, according to him) response afterwards? Instead you moved on to Dp without further comment.
    See post #1031 where atpg quotes me
    >Day One. Spamming is in the order of business.

I specifically mentioned that I was not to be taken too seriously on Day One. For some reason, Fredwood did.
    I like how Manasi's vote is on me and she's ignoring everything I say in the game.
    (!)
    Novice?
    Gotta be careful when allowing Snorwegians into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Snap impression of my wall on novice?

I'm about to call for a Megazord comprised of myself, Barto, Autolycus, and Csargo. I have no idea how many power rangers there are and I had to look up what the term was for the Megazord, but if you wanna be number five let's do this thing.

Pizza, I'm not playing against the middle, I'm being objective and keeping an open mind. Something I always (try to) do. And I always interrogate people on the slightest of things. You should know this, you saw me play this game from the GM perspective recently. I was all over the place and didn't home in on scum until LyLo. If I haven't found as many town leans as I used to, maybe people are less towny this game.

The Csargo vote was meant specifically to empower Cuth, but he didn't run with it.
    How would Cuthillius have been ‘empowered’?
    So all that, what does it mean? Pizza definitely dinged my Town lean of novice all to hell, and I couldn't buff it out. I don't know if I'd go and see he's a scum lean, but I do think he's a lynch candidate. His flip will tell us a lot, especially about Manasi, Pizza, Bart and CS, to a lesser degree about the Champ slot, DP and Cuth.
    Do you want to lynch novice just to actually get info? We should be getting around to a consolidated vote, and I have always been supportive of lynching people who vote for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Wowee you guys are talkative.

I should be around for the rest of the day.

Did Fred call me hopeless wtf?

Skimmed the last two pages and have pretty confident town leans on Fred/Cuth.

Novice isn't understanding the undeniable fact that I'm an airhead.

El Barto is so much quieter this game than I would have ever expected. Might be a scum lean eeeee.
    I am sorry, lass, but I am engaged in exams. Just catching up to the thread every day takes half an hour or even more.

Voting Pizza means I would have to sheep the meta on the meta of his meta...meta.

You insist, then…

Day One. Spamming is in the order of business.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Also, why are we not allowed to quote more than 6 posts?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

I simply don't get what you are getting at. I'm not sure if you started a case one way, and then changed your mind, or if there is something else entirely that is going over my head.

BUT...
    If novice is a wolf, you are doing an awful lot of work to be defending a wolf buddy. I find it unlikely that you are both wolves.
    i basically said

at the same time i strongly feel there's a wolf in there and feel like there might not

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Purposefully behaving as scum? Why would you ever do such a thing?
    From time to time, I find that it can be a good way to gain information for the rest of town, specifically if you find you aren't very enthused by the game early on. Especially if you play the game with the belief that vanilla townies are expendable (a theory I personally hold myself to, but don't expect it of others.)

I call it a personal win if I am nightkilled, but if I can't manage that, then I at least hope my lynch gains more info for town than my continued presence does. Acting slightly scimmy when you have no reads can sometimes accomplish that.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Member thankful for this post:

i disagree more with your process than your conclusions tbh

When is EOD?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    i basically said

at the same time i strongly feel there's a wolf in there and feel like there might not
    Such a great dichotomy it's awesome. There's a wolf there, but also maybe not. I guess you've already made your decision though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Official Tally as of #964

----

Day 2 ends in:

----

1 Askthepizzaguy (Cuthillius)
    1 Fredwood (El Barto)
    1 GeneralHankerchief (novice)
    1 Montmorency (Sooh)
    1 Sooh (Manasi)

----

Not Voting: Askthepizzaguy, Csargo, Dp101, Fredwood, GeneralHankerchief, Montmorency, Winston Hughes

Not Posting: @autolycus, @BSmith, @crimson_snow, @Logic

----

If you notice anything wrong, PM me.
    tunnel snakes rule lol

From time to time, I find that it can be a good way to gain information for the rest of town, specifically if you find you aren't very enthused by the game early on. Especially if you play the game with the belief that vanilla townies are expendable (a theory I personally hold myself to, but don't expect it of others.)

I call it a personal win if I am nightkilled, but if I can't manage that, then I at least hope my lynch gains more info for town than my continued presence does. Acting slightly scimmy when you have no reads can sometimes accomplish that.
    You say that Fredwood was being a decoy? I am tempted to believe that.
    unvote.

Also, I will endeavour to make you a winner next time I am mafia.
    When is EOD?
    9 hours from the time you made that post, by my reckoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    tunnel snakes rule lol
    Ok, csargo and I can be friends. He seemingly likes both Fallout and The Office?
    /tangent

Buuuuut....
    I want more from you before I call you clear. I think you are the only place I have definitively disagreed with pizza.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Ok, csargo and I can be friends. He seemingly likes both Fallout and The Office?
    /tangent

Buuuuut....
    I want more from you before I call you clear. I think you are the only place I have definitively disagreed with pizza.
    Did you see my sweet isos? I'm still working on them, but there's some that nobody has commented on :(

Go quote Zack's vote tally and look at the timer in the quote.

Make that 10.
    /tangent
    I have an important inquiry to make: Is this the English or the USian version of The Office?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic
    Buuuuut....
    How can you disagree with pizza? It has cheese and olives on it.

Unless it is the poster.
    I wonder why he's so vehement about my being cleared.

Make that 10.
    /tangent
    I have an important inquiry to make: Is this the English or the USian version of The Office?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic
    Buuuuut....
    How can you disagree with pizza? It has cheese and olives on it.

Unless it is the poster.
    I wonder why he's so vehement about my being cleared.

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

I've been in the car the past two days and have a ton of catching up to do. Can anyone give me the Cliff's Notes version of D2 so far?
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast