Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gameroom Rock/Paper/Scissors tournament II [Concluded]

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Default Re: Gameroom Rock/Paper/Scissors tournament II

Yes, to bad I hadn't noticed this earlier, I'd have signed up

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Brilliant.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

The Legislator of Lol Member Stildawn's Avatar

So whens the next round?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    So whens the next round?
    Whenever Jolt PMs me with his selections.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Day 8 results

The homestretch officially begins today, with four matches to go before the round robin phase is done and the true tournament actually commences. The majority of contestants are one to two points away from leader Centurion1, meaning there will be a dogfight for the all-important first round byes. Today will begin an all-out dogfight to claim those spots and get a very important, very needed day of rest and observation as seeds 5-12 fight it out. Every player is anxious for the matches to begin, and they do not have to wait long.

The referee enters the stadium, acknowledges the contestants, and raises his arm in the air.

"Rock... paper... scissors... shoot!"

The first match of the day is between Mr. Inconsistent, Double A, and Sprig, who is trying to right himself after stumbling in the tournament. Having somewhat shied away from the rigorous analysis that other players take part in, Sprig instead can only hope that Double A's predictable swing back into a cold streak comes right on time, and it does. His Rock does not hold up to Sprig's Paper.
    Sprig defeats Double A

Following that is a match between two fallen stars: Thermal Mercury and Sasaki Kojiro. Both men were near the top of the leaderboard at one time or another during the tournament, but were unable to maintain their statuses. Sasaki especially has lost three straight matches and can only hope that Thermal's slightly less dramatic losing streak continues. Thermal, while now on the outside, is still eying that first round bye and is determined to claw back up the rankings. Throwing Rock, he holds his breath. However, Sasaki throws Scissors, extending his losing streak to four games now. Thermal now needs to wait and see what the people ahead of him do.
    Thermal Mercury defeats Sasaki Kojiro

Stildawn and Death is Yonder are next. DiY, who has more or less followed the same exact pattern of wins and losses as he did last tournament, is hoping to hold true here and get a win on the eighth day of play against a very underrated opponent. While not a #2 seed, as DiY's eighth opponent from last tournament (Andres) was, Stildawn is in a good position to grab that seed, especially with a win today. The referee signals for a throw, and both men do so: Rock. Stildawn narrows his eyebrows. Lower-ranked opponents are supposed to lose. DiY smirks and throws Paper, his grin only going wider when he sees Stildawn has done the same. Little by little, DiY is racking up the points and spoiling things for those above him.
    Stildawn and Death is Yonder draw

Up next is first-place Centurion1 against Csargo. Centurion, after riding a massive win streak, outright lost his first match yesterday to defending champion CA, whom Csargo actually beat earlier in the tournament. Csargo knows better than to let that logic trap him, however, and still takes Centurion very seriously. Centurion, smarting from yesterday, appears to be extra-focused on destroying his opponent, and it shows. He throws Rock, crushing Csargo's Scissors. An uneasy murmur passes through the crowd. Centurion has passed another big test of champions: Not spiraling downward. He has proven that the loss to CA was only a momentary blip and may just steamroll into the knockout round.
    Centurion1 defeats Csargo

Next, there is once again a battle of the bottom-feeders in Yaseikhaan and Jolt. DiY, having beaten Jolt yesterday, leapfrogged khaan, who is now trying to follow DiY's lead and use the unfortunate former superfan as a launching board to get back into other things. Jolt, however, has other ideas and the two men match each other on the initial throw by throwing Rock. Both contestants growl at each other, then throw again: Rock again. Neither man is able to make a move on each other.
    Yaseikhaan and Jolt draw

The final match of the day is between two powerful, experienced contestants: CountArach and Sigurd. It also happens to be the final match of the round robin phase between contestants from the previous tournament, so naturally this match is getting a lot of attention. CA was the one who defeated Sigurd in the semi-finals on his way to victory last year in an epic showdown. Sigurd is trying to keep pace with Centurion, but for once that is not his primary motivation for winning. He wants revenge. With the eyes of the entire stadium on them, the two men throw, each avoiding the other's gaze. Sigurd: Scissors. CA: Paper. The Dragonslayer has kept pace, and gotten his revenge - temporarily. However, as they both know, the round robin means nothing when the knockout phase rolls around.
    Sigurd defeats CountArach

Standings through Day 8:
    Centurion1: 6.5
    Sigurd: 6
    Thermal Mercury: 4.5
    Stildawn: 4.5
    Sprig: 4
    Csargo: 4
    CountArach: 4
    Double A: 4
    Death is Yonder: 3
    Sasaki Kojiro: 3
    Yaseikhaan: 2.5
    Jolt: 2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now Day 9!

Day 9 matchups:

Double A vs. Thermal Mercury
    Sprig vs. Death is Yonder
    Sasaki Kojiro vs. Centurion1
    Stildawn vs. Yaseikhaan
    Csargo vs. Sigurd
    Jolt vs. CountArach
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

Glad I didn't make it 3 in a row.

Disastrous!

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

Draws! Draws!

I hope this breaking of pattern doesn't signify losses in the foreseeable future

And a Happy New Years to all (Where I am)
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

well thats nice for me.

is it a ten round round robin?

Blog Entries

Three more rounds to go in the Round Robin, and then we head to the knockout round.

Blog Entries

Waiting on Sprig and Centurion.

Pace has seemed to be at a crawl ever since the forum was experiencing problems. I'd appreciate it if we brought things back to one-match-a-day levels.

Eating Babies since 1983 Member Sprig's Avatar

apologies
    Bad.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Waiting on Sprig and Centurion.

Pace has seemed to be at a crawl ever since the forum was experiencing problems. I'd appreciate it if we brought things back to one-match-a-day levels.
    I don't know about everyone else but I've had very little time over the last week at home, and being New Year's I expect others are much the same. Things should pick up again by the end of the week.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Blog Entries

Day 9 results

Sorry guys, I'm really beat right now so all you get for now is a simple outline of the results. I'll fluff this up tomorrow.

Double A: Rock
    Thermal: Scissors
    Double A defeats Thermal Mercury

Sprig: Paper
    DiY: Rock
    Sprig defeats Death is Yonder

Sasaki: Scissors
    Centurion: Paper
    Sasaki Kojiro defeats Centurion1

Stildawn: Paper
    khaan: Rock
    Stildawn defeats Yaseikhaan

Csargo: Rock
    Sigurd: Paper
    Sigurd defeats Csargo

Jolt: Paper, Scissors
    CA: Paper, Paper
    Jolt defeats CountArach

Standings through Day 9:
    Sigurd: 7
    Stildawn: 5.5
    Sprig: 5
    Double A: 5
    Thermal Mercury: 4.5
    Sasaki Kojiro: 4
    Csargo: 4
    Jolt: 3
    Death is Yonder: 3
    Yaseikhaan: 2.5
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now Day 10!

Day 10 matchups:
    Double A vs. Death is Yonder
    Centurion1 vs. Thermal Mercury
    Yaseikhaan vs. Sprig
    Sigurd vs. Sasaki Kojiro
    CountArach vs. Stildawn
    Jolt vs. Csargo

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What happens if it ties twice?

Blog Entries

If it happens in the round robin, you each get half a point. If it happens in the knockout round, you keep going until somebody throws something different.

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

It looks like I should have trusted my second instinct
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Yes! Sweet, sweet revenge!

Blog Entries

Haven't you got all the orders.... A part of me is missing without this.

Blog Entries

Nope, I'm waiting on Double A and Centurion.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I was waiting for you to "fluff this up tomorrow."

sent my apologies

Blog Entries

What about your orders?

Blog Entries

Day 10 results

With two days to go in the Round Robin phase, the final scramble for position continues. The big story of the past days has been the sudden human-ness of the once-invincible Centurion1. For the first time since Day 2, he finds himself out of first place. Everybody else at or near the top tier hopes his slip continues so that they can capitalize on it. Further down, there is a subsequent race for 5th place (so they get to play the #12 seed in the first round of the knockout round) and just a general battle for higher seeds. There are two days left, and everyone is on edge.

The referee walks into the stadium, acknowledges the contestants, and raises his arm in the air.

"Rock... paper... scissors... shoot!"

The first match of the day is between Mr. Inconsistent Double A and hard-luck Death is Yonder, who, despite a relatively decent string of matches recently, still finds himself in 11th place. DiY, whose future in the tournament is unknown due to time commitments, is hoping that he can go out on a good note if this is final match, and is banking on the fact that Double A won yesterday. Double A, by this point, has pretty much accepted that he won't be able to pull a run together of any kind and is simply taking the results as they come. He nonchalantly loses to DiY by throwing Rock, which comes up short against DiY's Paper.
    Death is Yonder defeats Double A

The second match is between former first-place Centurion1 and Thermal Mercury. Centurion, after reeling off a huge streak of wins early on, has been sputtering recently, losing two out of three matches. Thermal, fighting for a first-round bye, is not nearly as afraid of facing his opponent as he would have been a few days ago. Ultimately, Centurion's hard-luck streak continues, his Paper falling to Thermal's Scissors. Once a shoo-in for the #1 seed, Centurion's status as a top-four finisher is now in question. O, how the mighty have fallen.
    Thermal Mercury defeats Centurion1

Up next is hard-charging Sprig vs. last-place Yaseikhaan. Sprig's midgame did not do him proud, but recently he's been putting a decent streak. A victory against khaan today would pretty much guarantee him a first-round bye, a nice way to cap a decent tournament. However, khaan, firmly comfortable in his role as spoiler in this point, throws Rock, which crushes Sprig's Scissors. Sprig swears at letting this easy victory slip away while khaan lets a sinister grin slip through his stoic facade.
    Yaseikhaan defeats Sprig

First-place Sigurd battles Sasaki Kojiro in the next match. Sasaki, who had endured a horrible losing streak until yesterday, is facing his second first-place opponent in a row. However, a victory against Centurion1 isn't looking as good as it did a few days ago. Sigurd is hoping to open up a huge lead on the competition and secure the top seed in the tournament with a win or a draw today. By now, however, you should know how this turns out. The tournament doesn't make life easy for anybody, and Sasaki's Scissors overcomes Sigurd's Paper. Sasaki is turning into a giant killer and putting on a nice little run for himself to end his tournament.
    Sasaki Kojiro defeats Sigurd

Defending champion CountArach takes on Stildawn in the next match. Stildawn has quietly been having himself a good tournament and still has an outside chance of being the overall #1 seed, but he's going to need to help himself out here against CA, which is never easy. CA, for his part, hasn't had the best tournament, but he's won when he's absolutely had to. Apparently, he doesn't "absolutely have to" here, as (after an initial throw of Paper), his tiebreaking throw of Scissors comes up short against Stildawn's Rock. Stildawn is now tied for second, a mere 1/2 point behind Sigurd.
    Stildawn defeats CountArach

The final match of the day is between Csargo and Jolt, both of whom are trying to stay out of the very bottom tier. Jolt particularly has hauled himself out of the cellar in recent rounds, and has absolutely no desire to return. Csargo has other ideas, though. His Scissors cuts through Jolt's Paper and sends the former superfan right back to the basement.
    Csargo defeats Jolt

Standings through Day 10:
    Sigurd: 7
    Stildawn: 6.5
    Thermal Mercury: 5.5
    Sasaki Kojiro: 5
    Csargo: 5
    Sprig: 5
    Double A: 5
    Death is Yonder: 4
    Yaseikhaan: 3.5
    Jolt: 3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now Day 11!

Day 11 matchups:
    Double A vs. Centurion1
    Death is Yonder vs. Yaseikhaan
    Thermal Mercury vs. Sigurd
    Sprig vs. CountArach
    Sasaki vs. Jolt
    Csargo vs. Stildawn

alright thats enough ive been lazy and i havent been attempting to even analyze my opponents at all. but that changes. NOW!

Oh yeah..... Kicking some hahahaa.... Man... Epic.

[Language please - GH]
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 01-06-2010 at 23:32.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    alright thats enough ive been lazy and i havent been attempting to even analyze my opponents at all. but that changes. NOW!
    Good luck trying.

Blog Entries

I get all the best players at the end, slightly nerve racking Sigurd, you don't throw predictably, this will be an awkward one to place.

Wow GH, was that a swear word? Fully didnt know.... Im just use to TWC putting the wub thing in for me... lol Sorry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Wow GH, was that a swear word? Fully didnt know.... Im just use to TWC putting the wub thing in for me... lol Sorry
    Well to be fair, I don't think it was, I've heard 'that word' on adverts and in public generally not as foul language. But I guess its best to be 6 year old friendly...
    Last edited by Thermal; 01-06-2010 at 23:53.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast