View Poll Results: Who are you holding your nose and voting for?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • Trump

4 16.67%
  • Hillary

10 41.67%
  • Johnson

8 33.33%
  • Stein

2 8.33%
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
Results 1,561 to 1,569 of 1569

Thread: POTUS Election thread

Default Re: POTUS thread

It is certainly useful for states to keep secrets from their citizens insofar as they are keeping secrets from other states.

Also recall that states aren't unitary - politicians and bureaucrats can't have all their cards and considerations open to each other in the same state...
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    Diplomatic negotiations do not fail because of some rude comments, imo.
    Anyway I see your point, but I believe that the government shouldn't keep any secrets from its people.
    Dishonesty should always be condemned and I believe that society is mature enough to know where its interests lie without the leadership paternalistically withholding information from the stupid masses, unable to think for themselves. The credit stuff and the rest is indeed irresponsible, though.

edit-To avoid any misunderstanding, I'm not saying that people being dumb is what you believe Hooahguy, I'm just illustrating my point, which may be a bit simplistic and idealistic, given that so many voters apparently believe that Trump is anti-establishment.
    Ok granted my insult example isnt great but you get the idea. I agree that there should be a level of openness between the government and its people. But just as citizens have a right to know, I also think there is a right not to know. I mean, the whole idea of secret clearance levels exist for a reason I think. Now, where that line is drawn can be debated, but to me I dont think a state with no secrets can reasonably exist. Maybe Sealand.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 01-19-2017 at 23:57.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

OK, first off, Manning is a She.

I'll take the lefty-card of all of you who brushed over that, you're disqualified as "card carrying lefties".

Now, to point.

1. Manning simply dumped a great deal of information onto Wiki-Leaks/the Guardian - neither of which are known for judgement or discretion.

2. Aside from the embarrassing revelation that American Diplomats all imitate Boris Johnson behind closed doors this resulted in the release of reams of classified operational data which had no political value but was aof great value to our enemies in the Middle East. People almost certainly suffered summary execution at the hands of Terrorists because of what Manning did.

Manning has their blood on her hands, but because the followup is still classified her supporters are spared the gory details of what happened to those people. They were people, not "spies", people who were probably beheaded, or tortured and shot.

3. Manning plead guilty to all charges. Having plead guilty to the release of the information she can't really be considered a "Whistleblower". What she was was a highly disturbed trans-gender woman who never should have been allowed to handle sensitive information. That's a significant point - Manning went to her CO, was ignored but at no point tried to escalate things within the Army. She just vomited whatever she could get her hands onto out onto the Internet.

Six years is not long enough - twelve years perhaps. I, for one, would like to know if the army is still paying for her surgery.

As to Snowden, Snowden is a fugitive from Justice currently being sheltered by Russia. As Obama noted, he can't pardon Snowden because Snowden hasn't submitted the required paperwork, i.e. he hasn't faced a court, been convicted and then asked for clemency.

This is also why Snowden is not a hero - a real patriot would return to the US and submit himself to the Courts. Fleeing to Russia is the action of a Traitor which has made it far more likely he'll be treated as such and executed.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Fleeing to Russia is the action of a man who is not self-destructive. Russia was the best option, because no other country would give him asylum. It's the same with Assange, his friendship with Russia is not the cause of the leaks, but the consequence, the result of relentless persecution.

A Bigly Presidential message from our future dic-tator.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T3.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	19403

May God have mercy on all of our souls...
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Blog Entries

CNN's going "hint hint" about which obama cabinate member gets ghe big chair if trump dies before swearing in.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post

2. Aside from the embarrassing revelation that American Diplomats all imitate Boris Johnson behind closed doors this resulted in the release of reams of classified operational data which had no political value but was aof great value to our enemies in the Middle East.
    The said diplomats may do nastier things - like dressing up like women and fomenting unrest in this disguise. At least Lavrov says so, and he is the one to trust.
    https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/...-weirdos-56856
    http://tass.com/politics/925394
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Oath completed and sworn at 1200 Eastern

The 45th Presidency begins.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Oath completed and sworn at 1200 Eastern

The 45th Presidency begins.
    Probably time for a new thread on the apocalypse, since now the election is 100% over.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253