Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Graffiti Mafia [Concluded]

Default Graffiti Mafia [Concluded]

Game Started!

New mafia game, sign up now!

There will be three mafioso's, who can kill 2 per night.

There will be 3 masons, each with a special power.

These roles are all standard so far. There will also be:

A soothsayer. Has the ability to ask me via pm any yes/no question at some time during the game. I will answer their question in the thread with a yes or a no, but will not reveal what the question was. The soothsayer will be randomly selected after the other roles have been handed out, so he can be townie, mason, or mafia. Can only ask one question per game, is not allowed to reveal his role individually.

The godfather. He choose the three mafioso. Everyone knows who he is however he can't be killed and he can't be lynched. He is allowed to vote however. He will not be considered in endgame, i.e. if the town lynches the other 3 mafia they win.

The mafia group and the mason group each have a special power, which is the reason for the thread title. This will be revealed day 1.

There may be a twist.

Mafia rules are standard. Dead can talk, votes must be bolded, can vote no lynch or abstain. No screenshots to prove role, pm quotes allowed. Please unvote before voting again. Days and nights last 24 hours, I may extend it depending. I will wrath of god those who don't participate enough, please inform me if you can't for a good reason.

There are three mafia (besides godfather). They will start with 2 kills a night, but if one of them dies they will only have one kill a night. They can choose not to kill. They can't choose to kill eachother.

There will also be other roles besides those listed in this post.

Signed up (27):

Caius Flaminius
    discovery1
    GeneralHankerchief
    Proletariat
    Dutch_Guy
    Jimbob
    Don Corleone
    Seamus Fermanagh
    Warluster
    Xiahou
    Kagemusha
    AggonyDuck
    Sir Moody
    Peasant Phill
    Sigurd Fafnesbane
    Ituralde
    Husar
    doc_bean
    Reenk Roink
    Kommodus
    Sir Boo
    Ultrawar
    Al Khalifah
    Ignoramus
    Divine Wind
    Masy
    Csar (last)
    Last edited by Sasaki Kojiro; 01-06-2007 at 06:27.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: Graffiti Mafia

First
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Second

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Third!

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ooh, sounds pretty neat.

Fourth.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

Woohoo! In for my first of '07

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Nice, sounds good.

In

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Dibs
    Sometimes I slumber on a bed of roses
    Sometimes I crash in the weeds
    One day a bowl full of cherries
    One night I'm suckin' on lemons and spittin' out the seeds
    -Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, Lemons

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

I'm in.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Man that's messsssssssssssssssssssssssssed up.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Okay.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

This is my first game's of these, I dont really get it but will probaly pick it up on the way! So I will join please.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

I'm game.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Sign me in.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Sign me up.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Im in

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Special powers, oohh.

I'm in
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

I am back... hungry for more mafia.
    Status Emeritus

Can't let that lynch in round one deter me!
    Sign me up!
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Ludus sum.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

I will wipe out these so called 'mafia' thugs !
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Reenk join Reenk

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Since I'm not quite ready to start my next game, count me in.
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Nothing much going on here… so I might as well share a little story.

During the holydays I played my first live game of Mafia… you know where people are gathered in a living room sitting in a big circle with a narrator that walks the crowd etc.
    Well I was one of the n00bs there not having played this kind of game before *cough* …

The time came for the first round and the narrator gave roles by telling everyone to open their eyes when he touched their shoulder.
    Someone touched my shoulders and when I looked up, the agreed upon sign of Mafia was staring me in the face. I thought: “Damn, I really wanted to see how this game was played before getting THAT role. The narrator finished his round and it was night time. He asked the Mafia to open their eyes. I opened mine and pointed to a random participant and closed my eyes again. The narrator called for the detective to open their eyes then called daytime and the opening of all eyes.
    One of the participants started the conversation with: “I am the detective and that person is mafia, pointing at me”. I looked at him with a shocked expression on my face and couldn’t believe that my first game of live mafia would end so soon.

What to do, what to do? Then the battle training from .org kicked in and I attacked him Sasaki style; “What is this, how can you make such a claim? You are obviously mafia trying to gain the trust of all here in this room so you can continue your killing spree under the cover of a false detective. I hereby call the true detective to reveal so we can put this Mafia to rest once and for all”. Nobody claimed of course so I continued overpowering the weak attempts of this detective to establish trust with the other players. “I think the true detective is keeping hidden until the right time of reveal as he/she obviously have not investigated the mafia as of yet. I call for the lynch of that man, who obviously does not have clean flour in his bag (that is the Norwegian term for someone that has not a clear conscience). He is clearly a liar”. I guess these players were not accustomed to such strong outbursts or accusations thinking me upset of wrongly being accused. I was one of the lynch candidates of course but I swayed the crowed and got the detective lynched. What now? There is only one mafia in these games and there would be another kill the next night and lo and behold another player bought the bucket.

Luckily in these games there is no thread or posts that you can re-examine for clues. If I can keep this crowed off their feet long enough they will forget about the incident at the start of the game. I took the lead accusing another playing for smiling funny during the wake up to this new day. She got all defensive, but pointed to another player saying that he was acting different than usual. A little more finger pointing back and forth and it was time to name the lynch candidates. I called the person I had accused first. Another player was called and there was a vote. Hehe, I slipped under the radar this round. If I can get away with it next round nobody would remember the first incident. I kept quiet the next day and I was not picked as a lynch candidate and the smiling girl who I accused earlier got lynched.
    This continued and I saw the dead players shaking their heads when I opened my eyes during the night. The Narrator was good as he also asked for the detective to open his eyes. I put in a word or two during the reminder of the game getting by round for round.
    Three players remained; myself, a girl and a boy. It was daytime and the girl who had just finished a seven year medical education and was becoming a doctor looked at me with an accusing look and pointing an accusing finger at me: “I think it is him”. I had to retaliate. She had been quite active in the latest rounds and was a new player like me. I gave it my best and I can’t exactly remember what I said, but it was in the lines of: “You have been acting the innocent, I haven’t played this game before, I am just an n00b all night”. I was about to add ‘Don Corleone style’ but didn’t.. “I think that would be the perfect Mafia cover. I say she is the Mafia”. She got all defensive saying that was certainly not the case. I continued: “If you are not Mafia and I know I am not Mafia, then who is?”. I looked at the last player. “Aha, you have been quiet all night, thinking to slip past our scrutiny by just sitting there quiet and let us lynch each other, huh?” He spoke up for the first time saying I was full of it and named me as lynch candidate. I retaliated naming him as our lynch candidate. The girl was wavering I could tell so I called the vote. I voted for the boy and he voted for me. It was up to the girl. And she voted for the boy…

The roles were revealed and I had just won my first live mafia game. The detective spoke up and asked how it was possible not to lynch me after round two when it was obvious that he was not mafia… I guess I created a little confusion and I must admit that I never thought that I would be able to pull that stunt. Hehe I guess live games are a little different than the online written ones. I will assert that if using the things we have learned here during our games, we will rule the live games.
    I was not picked for any other roles during the rest of the night, but I will say this; only one other mafia won a game that night and that was the game he killed me first.
    Status Emeritus

hahaha niiice

nice story Sigurd. I have yet to play a live game, but I plan on doing it soon.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Nice going there Sigurd, you totally had them by the sound of it !

Needless to say, I doubt you'll survive long this game :/

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

So uh when do we begin?

Quote Originally Posted by Csar
    So uh when do we begin?
    I was about to start, but now I think I'll wait a looong time

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    deja vu!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    I was about to start, but now I think I'll wait a looong time

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    deja vu!
    Alright.

Your a lucky guy Sasaki getting to mod this great little forum. Cushy job

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast