Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intrigue-The heir always gets it...

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

Default Intrigue-The heir always gets it...

Hey I thought I would see if anyone would be interested in playing this game. Its based off of Byzantine Mercenary's version of the game over on the 12CG site.

The aim of the Game is to become King of the Kingdom. Each Player controls a family that holds a rank in the Royal Court. Each turn a player would attmpt to assasinate or defend another member of the court. No member can survive long without working with another member. And no you cannot defend your self. when you defend, the percent chance of defending will be subtracted from the percent chance of the assasin suceeding.

ex. p.1 attacks p.2 with a 65%chance of sucess

but p.3 defends p.2 with a 60 % chance of suceeding.

Therefore p.1 only has a 5% chance of sucess.

Players may join together to attack a person, adding there assasination chances together.If a player is killed they assume the role of the next member of their family.

ex. p.1 kills p.2
    p.2 assumes the role of p.2 (II)

when a player is killed they come back as the lowest rank.(see below)
    each Player will have a chance to control 4 members. After the fourth of a player's family is killed, that player is out.
    Each player will have a different rank.

The ranks are.

1.) King-90% chance of assasinating, 70% chance of defending
    2.)Heir-75% chance of assasinating, 65% chance of Defending
    3.) Archbishop-50% chance of assasinating, 85% of defending
    4.) Archduke-65% chance of assasinating, 60% chance of defending
    5.) General-55% chance of assasinating, 55% chance of defending
    6.)Duke-50% of assasinating, 40% chance of defending
    7.) Marquess-40% chance of assasinating, 30% chance of defending
    8.)Earl-35% chance of assasinating, 25% chance of defending
    9.)Viscount-30% chance of assasinating, 20% chance of defending
    10.)Baron-25% chance of assasinating, 15% chance of defending
    11.) Bodyguard-10% chance of assasinating, 30% chance of defending
    12.) Knight- 30% chance of assasinating, 10% of defending.

there is also a 1 in 10 chance that an assasin will be revealed should they fail.

Ill be the mod, so Pm me with orders each turn. Each turn will last 2 days.

Is anyone interested? Im lookin for 12 player

EDIT: When there are 4 or less people left, they can defend themselves.

current
    6/12
    Byzantine Mercenary
    Twilightblade
    Destroyer of Hope
    GDLVEI
    Pevergreen
    Sarathos
    Last edited by Tiberius of the Drake; 09-19-2007 at 22:31.
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Default Re: Intrigue-The heir always gets it...

im in

Is No-one interested???
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

It looks interesting but some of the rules don't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius of the Drake
    when a player is killed they come back as the lowest rank.(see below)
    each Player will have a chance to control 4 members. After the fourth of a player's family is killed, that player is out.
    Each player will have a different rank.
    All the time I hear women say chivalry is dead...it's true, chivalry is dead and women killed it - Dave Chapelle (Killing them Softly)

what i meant is

you start as the first of the line (i.e Twilightblade I)
    If you are killed, you would comer back as the son of that member (Twilightblade II) You would then assume the lowest rank to show family turmoil in the aftermath of the death of the patriarch.

ex. King-Tiberius of the Drake

I get killed.
    I would thern come back as the lowest rank
    Knight-Tiberius of the Drake II

Does this clarify anything?
    -Peter Green

Yes it does

I'll be in
    All the time I hear women say chivalry is dead...it's true, chivalry is dead and women killed it - Dave Chapelle (Killing them Softly)

IN/
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

This sounds like a great idea. I can't play for lack of time, but good luck.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Why not try this as well?

Here the Inca comes.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In purely to assassinate my enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

should I go ahead and start or wait for other players?
    -Peter Green

Give it a while longer maybe 24 hrs

i n
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

Dawn breaks upon the Kingdom of Gam-e-room. The long suffering King was finally dying of a mysterious injury. that injury being a large knife in his back. It was clear he was within his final hour. As he lay face down on his bed, for the knife was unable to be removed, he called his 7 closest associates to him. They immediately came.

"I am in ..*cough* my final hour."

The vassals all knew this but comforted him anyways.

"No Lord, it is not true."

The Old king was not to be refused his final wishes

"I know one of you is responsible for my death, but the kingdom....ARRGH"

The king screamed as one of the vassals accidently leaned on the still protruding knife.

"Srry,my lord" the embarrased vassal said quickly.

The King, now in much more pain, said his last words.

"First, Kill that fool".

The startled vassal tried to run but was swiftly cut down by the guards.
    The King groaned. The vassals realised he was now dying.

One spoke up.

"My lord to who does the kingdom go"

The King weakly whispered...
    "To..*cough* the quickest..."

The king then expired. The vassals stood puzzled until one wildly raised his hand. Destroyer of hope then yelled
    "OOH! OOH! IM KING NOW. I was the quickest"

The other vassals were confused and then furious over there stupidity. Destroyer of hope then said

"everyone else will determine their rank by Lot."

The Vassals groaned.

Sarthos drew the lot for the Heir
    Pevergreen drew the lot for Archbishop
    Byzantine Mercenary drew the lot for Archduke
    Garlicaso de la ve inca drew the lot for General
    Twilightblade drew the lot for the rank of Duke

The game is now in play. Orders are due by the end of Sunday Sept.23. Pm orders to me with any details you would like if your attempt suceeds.
    -Peter Green

deadline in 3 hours
    -Peter Green

It was a new day for the kingdom of Gam-e-room and the new kings reidn was going smoothly. The kingdom was still mourning the passing of the former king.

Archbishop Pevergreen was leading a ceremony in the state cathedral. He took his new role as the religious lead of the country very seriously, and unfortunately for the dedicated pilgrims of the church, his sermon was very long. During the 4th hour of his sermon he became very thristy. He gulped down the glass of what he thought was water. He was very wrong. The cup in fact contained a deadly combination of arsenic, lead and chlorine. He died very slowly and painfully. His son was by his side to hear his last words. They are only known to him.

Meanwhile,Archduke Byzantine Mercenary was out on his morning walk. He was quite clumsy and tripped down the stairs. Luckily for him, his mistep made the shuriken intended for his neck miss by a foot and a half. No one really knows where the would be assasin managed to acquire such an exotic weapon.

Seemingly unaware of the death of the Archbishop and the attempted assasination of the archduke Heir Sarathos went out to eat. he had a very nice dinner and walked away satisfied. The body of an unfortunate cook who tasted his own creation was found later.

One of the Greatest Duke of the realm,Twilightblade, was away on campaign against bandits at the time of all of these events. It was very ,very conveniant, that an "enemy arrow" pierced his throat as he shouted orders. At least that's what appeared to happen. As all of his soldiers crowded around his body, the would be assasin forgot his place shouted a victory cry, and while standing up fell out of the tree in which he was hiding. The slodiers quickly arrested him and tortured him endlessly. He eventually revealed his clinet was the former Archbishop Pevergreen. The religious man's death was looked upon with less sympathy now.

After this very deadly month, The ranks of the Arisotcratic stands as such.

King-Doh
    Heir-Sarathos
    Archbishop-Byz.
    archduke -GDLVEI
    Bodyguard-Pevergreen(II)
    Knight-Twilightblade(II)

orders due wednesday, sept. 26th
    -Peter Green

Why does pever get a higher rank when we died on the same turn?

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why does it get revealed that i killed and no one else?
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

There is also a 1 in 10 chance that an assasin will be revealed should they fail.
    You got that 1...
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

Poor Pever, fails in life as much as he does on the Org....
    Sorry man, couldnt resist....
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

Srry about this guys but could the following resend their orders.
    I cleared my pm space and some orders got accidentally deleted.

Sarathos
    Pevergreen
    DOH
    GDLVEI

srrry bout that
    -Peter Green

still waitin gon *COUGH*SARATHOS*COUGH*GDLVEI
    -Peter Green

I want to try to get this chapter out soon so if i dont recieve the orders within hte hour im moving on.

Just realised i didnt delete sarthos's orders. srry there. stillwaiting on GDLVEI
    -Peter Green

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

I apologize for not making it to this one on time. I will be sure and participate in your next one, unless you're willing to stick me in this one. I'll take any sort of negative thrown at me just to be able to play.

yeah ill throw you in. ill write it into the next chapter.
    -Peter Green

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Yay! Thanks man, what should I do?

hang on till next round then send me orders
    -Peter Green

After the violence of the past week, the Kingdom of Gam-e-room was shaken to its very core. And in this confusion a new noble was able to make a stake in the Aristocracy. This new member was Zain, the knight. No one knew him and therefore no one percieved him as a threat an no attmept were made on his life. Others were not as fortunate.

Sarathos seemed to still be unaffected by the violence of his future kingdom. His luck ran out. The heir was out for a morning ride on his favorite stallion. unfortunately for him, his horse trod over some very conveniantly placed caltrops on the trail made the horse throw him and he was slammed into a tree. This only knocked him out. The blade that cut his jugular is what killed him. no one found his body for hours.

After his father's unfortunate demise, Pevergreen (II) was standing guard over a merchant as a bodyguard as he has to work his way back up the social ladder. Unfortuantely he had not one, but two assasins after him. As he left to do his buisness in a nearby bush, one knife was slit up his back and an arrow pierced his skull. The two assasins spotted each other but as their code demanded left each other in peace. They didnt realise it but they were both hired by the same person. the client wanted Pevergreen really dead.His father was lucky he had lots of sons.

Archduke Garlicaso was another man now affected by the violence. He was strolling outside deep in thought over the violence that troubled his nation. He did not notice the tripwire that released a volley of deadly crossbow bolts. After being struck by all the bolts he got up, glad he was wearing a armor laced vest. As he took it of, the trapdoor finally opened and he fell 30ft into the hole, breaking both legs and eventually dying of dehydration. No one knows why they didnt notice the disapearence of the archduke for days.

Current ranks
    king-doh
    heir-byz.
    Earl-Twilightblade (II)
    Viscount-Zain
    Baron-Pevergreen(III)
    Bodyguard-Garlicaso(II)
    Knight-Sarathos(II)
    -Peter Green

srry forgot to mention. The due date for orders is tuesaday. I have a really busy weekend and Im sure others do too.
    -Peter Green

busy is putting my weekend lightly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast