MTW Reference Guide
|Quick Reference Pages|
Welcome to the .Org's Medieval:Total War Wiki Reference Guide. The purpose of this Wiki is to offer an easy way to reference numbers and aspects of Medieval: Total War and Viking Invasion while online. Information and statistics about units, buildings, combat mechanics and more can be found here.
Most of the information here pertains to Medieval:Total War, with the Viking Invasion expansion pack installed and patched to version 2.01. Quirks and features (aside from the VI campaign itself, obviously) that are not in the expansion pack will be noted when possible. The 2.01 patches for both VI and the Gold edition can be found here.
Wiki Topics for Medieval: Total War
Setting Up A Single Player Game - Explanations of what effects the different game settings, eras and faction choices will present the player.
- Executable switches
- Choose a Campaign Era, Difficulty, and Faction.
- Unit Sizes
- Game Type - Conquest or Glorious Achievements
Campaign Map Topics - In-depth look at navigating around the campaign map and building your empire.
- Minimap w/ options
- cheat codes
- Empire Management - Provincial Happiness, Trade, Farming, Diplomacy
- Generals - Leader Attributes, Vices and Virtues, the Royal Family
- Military - Role of Ships, Unit Stacks, Mercenaries
- Miscellaneous - Religion, Achievements and Events, Faction Reemergences, Civil Wars
Battle Map Topics - Information regarding the combat engine.
- Deployment screen
- HUD/hotkeys/mouse control
- Troop Deployment
- Combat Aspects - Terrain, Ambushes, Castle Assaults, Missile combat, Melee combat, Morale, Fatigue.
- Battle results - ransoms, retreats. Auto-resolve facts.
Setting up. Servers.
Descriptions, objectives, walkthroughs. Need to add unit type links to army lists, as well as valour/armour/weapon upgrades.
MTW Modding - Helpful hints about modding, as well as descriptions and links to existing mods hosted on the .Org.
- Mod tools
- Quick and easy changes
- total conversion, Hosted Mods.
- Files - Unit_Prod, Build_Prod, Projectile_Stats, Startpos
Technical Help FAQ - Solutions for getting MTW running on newer hardware.
Wiki Guide Contributions
The .Org's Wiki is open to edits by all members, so clarifications, corrections, and more content are all welcome. The rules of the forum apply to the Wiki, and users are responsible for their edits. Feel free to use or copy/edit the page templates for compiling guides on other Total War games or mod projects, but be careful editing the existing templates as they are used by many pages. Please prefix your pages with an suitable acronym to avoid conflicts with other mods/pages. Remember, your version of Archers will have different building requirements, costs, and stats than someone else's, and may even be in a different game version altogether. Reserved prefixes are here, add your prefix when you begin.
|Version or Mod Name||Prefix|
|Medieval: Total War||MTW_|
|MTW: Viking Invasion||VI_|
|Rome: Total War||RTW_|
|RTW: Barbarian Invasion||BI_|
|Medieval II: Total War||M2TW_|