PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning XL

putts
03-03-2008, 18:19
Sooooo, I just moved to XL this last weekend and am playing as the Lithuanians atm....

In the past, I have played as either HRE or Poland and was pleasantly surprised in XL that when the first war broke out between myself and another faction that not every other faction in the known world joined the other side. :dizzy2:

Is this an enhancement of XL or is this just some side effect not necessarily directly related to XL at all? Either way, I'm loving it at the moment.

(It's kinda funny that playing as a good Catholic and hardly ever starting wars that I never got backing from fellow Catholic factions but as a Pagan faction I get all the support in the world :logic: )

Taedius
03-03-2008, 18:31
Well, the AI looks at size to figure out what to think of another faction. If it's big, it's a threat. For this reason the HRE starts with a major disadvantage; they won't get much sympathy anywhere. Lithuania, on the other hand, starts off with only one province, somewhat in the outskirts, and so doesn't get alot of attention. Until you expand, of course...