PDA

View Full Version : Allow non-siege units to attack buildings?

orgo.love
03-04-2008, 01:57
Hello. I'm wondering whether it would be possible to allow headhurlers to be able to attack buildings in the battle map and allow them to count as "siege units" when the computer allows the attacking unit to assault cities...

I tried putting the stat_pri missile type from missile to siege_missile, but to no avail... category from infantry to siege but got an error... :(

I'm a noob. I tried to search the forum for it but didn't come up with anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thor the Bassist
03-04-2008, 22:13
As far as I know there is no way for any human operated weapon to attack walls. Infantry dont have the ability and its hardcoded so cannnot be changed.

As for archers/headhurlers/sligers etc these dont have a high enough attack to do significant damage to a wall and I dont think they can actually be told to attack it I think there has to be a siege engine such as the scorpion to be within the unit.

orgo.love
03-07-2008, 08:32
How are the elephants coded to attack buildings? Even though they are classified as non-siege, I distinctly remember that they were still able to attack buildings...

What's the code? What file do I change? I would really, really like to know...

Makanyane
03-07-2008, 08:44
I think that is hard coded.

Its the secondary attack value on the elephant (in EDU) that does the damage to the building - the secondary weapon being in effect the elephants body, if you don't give it a secondary attack value it should stop it damaging walls, but I don't think there is much more you can alter. A unit has to think its an elephant for that value to be used that way.

You can use a human shaped unit as the mount part of an elephant unit and have an invisible rider (that's how most mods make trolls) but that has quite a few other side effects you won't want.

Patrizius
03-15-2008, 18:51
it hink this problem can be solved.Try go to descr_projectile_new.txt in data directory and change

projectile head

damage 0
radius 0.1
mass 0.15
min_angle 5
max_angle 70
velocity 25
display
model data/models_missile/missile_head_high.CAS, 40.0
model data/models_missile/missile_head_med.CAS, 80.0
model data/models_missile/missile_head_low.CAS, max

in