PDA

View Full Version : My BI game didn't end in 476.

RobN
03-05-2008, 20:08
It's 480 now and still counting. Is this a bug or am I missing something? I am playing as the Vandals and have obliterated the WRE.

Hound of Ulster
03-05-2008, 21:34
did you fufill your victory conditions?

RobN
03-05-2008, 22:18
I did temporarily, and got a victory message. I decided to play on but have since lost Corduba. That might have something to do with it, but I had the idea that the game would always end in 476.

Quirinus
03-06-2008, 02:05
I never reached the end of a game before, either in RTW vanilla or BI, but the way I understand it is that the 'end' date is the latest point where you can win the game, and that you can choose to play beyond that.

Spartan198
03-08-2008, 14:09
I never reached the end of a game before, either in RTW vanilla or BI, but the way I understand it is that the 'end' date is the latest point where you can win the game, and that you can choose to play beyond that.
I've never reached the "end" date,either. And I played one Greek campaign in vanilla Rome until I'd conquered the entire map!

Talk about having to quell riots,rebellions,and revolts...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-08-2008, 16:08
I've never reached the "end" date,either. And I played one Greek campaign in vanilla Rome until I'd conquered the entire map!

Talk about having to quell riots,rebellions,and revolts...It often does get a little hectic when you get beyond the victory conditions. Even if your capital is central, far flung areas suffer from 80% distance to capital penalty. It can be partially negated by swapping the capital between two different eastern/western central points each turn however, although this often still isn't enough to keep everybody happy.

~:)

Horseman
03-08-2008, 17:15
I did temporarily, and got a victory message. I decided to play on but have since lost Corduba. That might have something to do with it, but I had the idea that the game would always end in 476.

And theres your answer....you've already won!!!!

The end date is the point that you lose if you have not achieved your objectives. If you had never achieved your objective then at the end date you get the "you lose" message and asked if you would like to continue