PDA

View Full Version : Armor stats opinion..

The Wicked
03-07-2008, 13:35
Hi ! I'm trying to change the stats of the armor and the shields of the units based in their appearance here https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=80557 because some stats for
me are unrealistic (no offense EB team, you are great and i thank you for this fantastic mod :beam: ) and i need your opinion if you are kind...!

Well lets start ...

Armor type - (example unit) - armor value
Helmet (all units) : 3
Imperial roman helmets : 4
elite inf helmets(p.e. Seleucid elite spearmen the human tanks:laugh4: ):5
1 Greave (all units) : 1, 2 greaves (all units) : 2
Thureos shield (p.e. thureoforoi) : 4
Aspis (all hoplites and italic heav infantry ) : 5(levies) , 6 (normal,elite)
Scutum (roman ) : 5
Scutum (imperial roman) :6
Makedonian type phalanx shield (p.e. pezhetairoi) : 4
cavalry shield (lonchophoroi Hippeis) : 4
gallic round shield (bagaudas) : 3
Skirmishers small shield (all except those with thureos(3)) : 2
Linen armor (p.e. phalangites deuteroi,aanatim lubim) :4
linen armor with metal add-ons(p.e. classical hoplites,liby phoenician infantry): 5
leather and padded armor (p.e. illyrioi paraktioi, pantodapoi phalangites,machimoi) : 3
stadded leather (komatai epilektoi.ioudaioi taxeis) :4
chainmail (all) :6
scalemail (all) :7
small chest-plate ( hastati,loricati caetrati) : 3
breastplate (spartiatai, thesallikoi hippeis) : 8
the armor of Chaonion Agema and all units that wear the same armor(i don't know the name) : 8

Well that is for know :beam: !!
I will wait your responce... Thanx !!!
(if i forgot something please tell me)

mcantu
03-07-2008, 15:34
one thing to note is that unarmored infantry units (and most skirmmishers) get a base armor of 1

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
03-08-2008, 03:12
The EB system is basically the same thing as this, just more complex. Every point of armor/sheild/attack has a reason behind it. There was a bunch of work in the stating department a while back and many things were reconsidered. People have joined the team for just this reason. Many stats will be changed in the next release, though there won't be anything drastic, IIRC.

More power to those who want to make a complex stating system. I would just advise that you wait until the next release and see if you still want to change the system.

Ymarsakar
03-09-2008, 16:56
In order to make Hellenic elites for more useful, I took 2 points from their defense skill and added it to their shield bonus.

This way, they aren't so weak on the left side anymore, when in melee up against enemy on all fronts.

Since the Pheraspidai are supposed to be assault troops, them being as vulnerable to missile fire as theurophoroi just isn't consistent with the cost and rarity of the elites.

So far I've already made many modifications. I'll be interested in seeing what 1.1 changes about the units. If only to see which one is more fun and reasonable.

Does anyone know in what direction the unit stats will be changed to? Meaning, in general.

mcantu
03-09-2008, 17:03
In order to make Hellenic elites for more useful, I took 2 points from their defense skill and added it to their shield bonus.

This way, they aren't so weak on the left side anymore, when in melee up against enemy on all fronts.

Since the Pheraspidai are supposed to be assault troops, them being as vulnerable to missile fire as theurophoroi just isn't consistent with the cost and rarity of the elites.

So far I've already made many modifications. I'll be interested in seeing what 1.1 changes about the units. If only to see which one is more fun and reasonable.

Does anyone know in what direction the unit stats will be changed to? Meaning, in general.

so you made the unit 2 points weaker on the front/right and made it 2 points stronger to the front/left? i think i'm missing the point...

Watchman
03-09-2008, 17:13
Does anyone know in what direction the unit stats will be changed to? Meaning, in general.WYSIWYG. And, well, somewhat greater consistency. All the back-and-forth revisions over time have left the EDU a little, shall we say, disjointed in places. :sweatdrop:

Since the Pheraspidai are supposed to be assault troops, them being as vulnerable to missile fire as theurophoroi just isn't consistent with the cost and rarity of the elites.Well, they're meant to have Thorakitai-level armour value and hoplite-level (ie. 4-point) shields...

The Wicked
03-09-2008, 23:15
well with eb-bi the levy hoplites in shield wall - short pike from the front with shield value 5 are very good in matter of fact look here what happened whith this stats
https://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8611/15262547mm2.jpg

Watchman
03-09-2008, 23:18
:inquisitive: Told you it has issues.