PDA

View Full Version : United

Baby Boomer
03-09-2008, 06:20
https://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3596/openingpostergf3.png (https://imageshack.us)

Man is free at the instant he wants to be. - François-Marie Arouet

https://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5742/introduction15thcenturyir8.png (https://imageshack.us)

The Italian Renaissance began the opening phase of the Renaissance, a period of great cultural change and achievement in Europe that spanned the period from the end of the 14th century to about 1600, marking the transition between Medieval and Early Modern Europe.

Or, as you could say.

A cooking pot.

Within this pot was hundred's of ingredients resulting in the final result. Thus, it is similar to Italy. Many small and large state's and nation produce a mixutre of problems. Territroy, religion and intenrtional problems. Thrown into toegther to produce a end result which can depend.

War is something absurd, useless, that nothing can justify. - Louis de Cazenave

It is a leader's job to take a nation and put it to its maxium limit. It is not a leader who makes a nation great, it's the people. A great leader means the people are inspired; leading them to greatness.

This huge game focuses on being a leader; and the minority who are so many there words never counted. Your job is to lead a nation to supreme control of Italy. Be that economiclly, miltaristiclly or diplomaticlly.

Good leaders put out fires. Great leaders prevent them. - Amanda Hageman

15th Century Italy is at the head of the world. They are powerful and strong, they are the world's superpowers. Unfortunely there are too many superpower's jammed into the one place.

You, the Player choose a appealing country from the provided list and take your chosen country to the top, and smash any other challenge's out of your victorious path. Doing this is hard; become too powerful and other leader's will try to stop you. Nature is against you; the Black Death still roams the land and strikes randomly. Not careful enough, your own people will turn against you.

Take your nation; take it to the top.

https://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7503/rulesve8.png (https://imageshack.us)

Titles:

This Game is going to be very similar to the three Rise of Civ games out there. But not completely the same.

In this game it is your job not to conquer the game world; though that can certainly be achieved. Your job is to make your nation the most powerful. Depending on the nation there is:

Duke: They are basiclly the King. They rule the nation, order armies and any other orders processed by others have to be confirmed by them. They can be assassinated and bribed. They rule and the leadership passes onto the next in the Family.

Count: If you’re a Count you submit all orders to the Duke. The Duke can assign a Count One Army; which the Count can order around. The Count can also work with other’s to overthrow the Duke, or use outside help as well (Thing such as sabotage)

These are the two basic Roles. There are some Special ones though:

Pope: Head of the Papal State. He can pass Clause’s in the Vatican which forces most Duke’s to obey. Similar to Duke.

Council Leader: If the nation is headed by a Council (Such as Genoa) then this is the same as Duke. Council Leader’s though are exactly the same to a Count though except the deal with the economy.

Council Member: The Same as a Count. Every four year’s they have the chance to become Council Leader. Every Member is head of a Army and City.

Governor: Only applies to the area of Naples and Sicily (And Sardina) Where the Aragonese controlled possessions there. Exactly the same as Duke but may receive Armies from Iberia.

Roles and their Abilities:

DUKE: A Duke is overall Leader. Any order made by a Count can be overridden by Duke. They control every Army. Also deal with econmy of every City. TO make thing easier this can be subbed to a Count. He usually leads Armies. The Duke has every Office of the nation under him so he can: Investigate people, murder them, bribe them. Think of anything and ask me and I’ll add it in. A Duke can do ANYTHING in his nation.

COUNT: A Count leads Armies or Cities depending what their Duke wants. They can deal with a economy of a City or leads Armies. They discuss and can ask the Duke what to do. Anything they do can be overridden by the Duke. Count’s though van plot together to overthrow the Duke in a silent or bloody revoulution. They can let foreign armies have secret passages and more. The Count can lose his title or be killed.

Office:

In this Game there are Office’s of different things. No; there’s no Human Player for this. But everything is run through them. If a Duke wants something done then he sends it to the required Office where they will confirm it and send the orders processed onto a Count or decline it and tell him to reconsider.

E.G: You want a Count assassinated (Because you suspect he’s relaying Info to the enemy) to do so send a PM to me titled
Office of National Police Network’s
Assassinate Count SO and SO with every possible means.

The Office (IE Me) will consider this and then carry out the order.

Currently there is:

Office of National Police Network’s
Office of International Information
Office of Economy
Office of Militaristic Affairs
Office of Diplomatic Affairs
The Church Officials

Only the Duke can contact them doing national and international things; Counts can only do so for bribing and the likes.

More can be set up by the Duke. Office’s of course can be sabotaged. Meaning that if a high ranking official is bribed then certain things might not turn out right (Stuff up or wrong target)

Turns: There are no such things as Turns. Similar to the Mafia Games also in the Gameroom it runs by 24 hour sessions. Every 24 Hours is one Game Week. In that time I, the GameMaster (GM) will post the latest events and Military problems.

If you are VERY tight on time please DO NOT participate in this game. It rquires you to check the forums every day or regularly. Every 24 hours I also post Maps and a overall Summary of the week.

You send Orders of what you want done to me. It will take 1 Day (3 hours and 42 minutes for the order to reach the Office, another 3 hours and 42 minutes for it to reach the receiver and then the order is carried out.

One Day is 3 hours and 42 Minutes. One Week is 24 hours so 48 hours is 2 weeks. Every Month I will post
MARCH
Or whatever the month is. From there on a Map will be provided and some stats. It will then proceed.

Economy:

Ah; the usual complicated part of the game where you (Depending) scrath your head and think ‘Huh?’. Economy will be somewhat simple. The national currency of Italy is the Ducat.

You will receive 10 000 Ducat every 2 Weeks.Your Payroll you could call it. With that Payroll another 5 000 is take away by the Office of Econmy for the smaller things of tidying the nation up. Of course; you can limt this 5000 down to 1 000 say. But! Your nation will most likely ‘downgrade’. People will starve and disease will break out.

Things you can do all HAVE to have a price. Bribing costs how much you assign.

Building a Fort: 1000 Ducat
Hiring 1000 soldiers: 1000 Ducat
Assasaintation: 5000 Ducat

Put it this way; ask what you want to do. A Duke can do ANYTHING; The Office (Me) then tells you the price andthen it is confirmed or declined by the Duke. The Duke can do anything within the interntional boundaries.

The Count though is somewhat more limited. They are to govern their city. Things such as repairs are automatically taken from their payroll. They can though (At this early stage of game) choose to build new levels of fortifications for their Cities. (More on this later) Each upgrade costing 1000 Ducat more then the last.

Military:
Military! So simple it is! Simply you own several Armies. Thse can be assigned leadership to a Player Count; or the Duke can lead them. Generals in command give morale boosts of course.

A army is ordered through their typical Office to attack a city or enemy army. In the cases of Civil Unrest the Army attacks the mob. They can:

Attack
Defend
Occupy
Patrol

Hiring is discussed in the Econmy section.

Battle is also easy. Rather then the matter of complicated mathematics it is simply:

A die is rolled for Attacker and Defender. 1 Die is rolled for Attacker. They take the number of soldiers in the unit, times it by the number rolled then divide by 10. That is the casualties. The same is done for Defender.
(E.G= 500 soldiers x 3 ÷ 10= 150 (So the unit is 350 soldiers strong.)

There are no things such as traits of a Count or Duke yet; tough once things are set up and we at least 6 months in I may do something to that the Attacker has 1 more die because the Defending Count is experienced (DEPENDING)

If a Player in control of a Duke or Count controls a Army then I have a exclusive option for them.

Diplomacy: A VERY important part of this game. Not using your mind and using diplomacy is madness. Doing so means most countries in italy will gang up on you eventually.

Diplomacy is run by this: You write up your Diplomatic message and send it to the nation of choice. The terms cand clauses of the treaty or pact are devised and then both nations send it in to their Office of Diplomatic Affairs. It will then be put in stone.

Before you go to war you have to
Declare War
By sending the PM to the Office of Diplomatic Affairs. By diplomacy you can make:
Non Aggresion Pact
Peace Treaty
No Spies pact
Permission Pact
Declare War
Give ********** (Put whatever here)

You may also make any other Diplomatic pact if wanted. (Needs to be confirmed by me)

Technology:

The technological advance’s made by inventors in these times were amazing. To represent this I am implementing this system.

You can advance your nation in one direction:
Military
Economics
Science
Religion

Military: Under thi label is tings such as new types of guns and cannon. Better armor, more advanced bodyguard’s and new tactics.

Economics: Things such as farm tools and such devices capable of helping the average earner.

Science: Things not listed. This takes longer then other’s but produces the better result

Religion: This is basiclly general stuff; Art and Math’s,etc.

Of course you can reseach nothing. TO reseacr something costd 1000 Ducat a month.

Disease:

With the Black Death barely just passing through Italy outbreaks often occur. Every time a outbreak occurs 4 000 of your population die. The chance’s of this happening is determined by a die.

Other Stuff (IMPORTANT):

Forts: Forts built in a line provide a ‘Line of Defense’ meaning the soldiers within these Forts will patrol in between as Scouts and alert for enemy. Such a Line of Defense is extremily expensive to set up though.

Cities:
City’s are governed by a Count. They are rated on a scale of 1 – 10. 10 Is cities like Roma, Venezia and Milan. 5 is smaller cities like Messina in Sicily. 1 is poor and disgraced.

To upgrade a level costs 1000 for every level.
E.G: 1 is 1000, 2 is 2000. 10 would be 10 000 Ducat.

Of course the city will gradually increase in size as time goes on. This will be rated by a Progress Meter from 0% to 100%. Once 100% they are up the next level. (Also the oppurnity to build buildings will donate to the Meter.)

If a city is sacked by a enemy army this meter goes straight down by 3 levels
A Enemy Army sacks a level 10 City, it is now Level 7.

Public Stability:
The lower it is; the higher risk of a revolt. The higher; better results.

Rated on a chart of -3 to +3. To get anything below 0 means a bad war, bad economy, too much foreign influence, a corrupt Duke or Office, or something similar.

Anything above 0 is good and it is the opposite of the mentioned.

Culture:
Culture is a important thing in this game. At the start you will be whatever culture you are historically. E.G 85% Savoy 15% French. Foreign influence could be you getting along very well with another country, thus more people moving in to you lands. It could be a corrupt Office, or influence spread by preachers. It could be a invading army just retreated.

The more of a opposing culture means the more stability drops.

Revoulutions and Unrest:
Unrest is when the nation us unhappy with a Duke, Governor, Pope or Council leader’s current work. If they become so fed up with the leader they shall rise in mobs and cause damage. This might erupt into a full scale revoulution where the current leader would be overthrown and the next in line (Or next voted in) rules. Sometimes the people will try to install foreign or their own leaders. Them doing this causes a major increase of unrest in neighbouring countires.

Foreign Help:
Sometimes foreign nations will meddle in Italian Affairs. This will of course follow a historical chronology. E.G In the 1520’s nation’s such as France attempted to posses certain tracts of Italian land. In that case they were successful for some tiem before pushed away.

This can be used as a advantage and disadvantage. Asking the foreign general to attack your hated enemy for a promise of money and some conquered land will definitely help for future foreign armies but could also mean they turn on you.

It is advised most foreign armies are pushed out of the country as soon as possible as some of the population might
(a) Rise and help.
(b) They could attack you and control large spaces of land
(c) More foreign armies come and eventually Italy becomes a bloodbath= No one wins.

Great Minds:
The Great Minds are incredible thinkers of this Italian age. They are made avabile to specific nations depending upon their birth status. They will also provide special results to the nation which accepts them.
E.G: Christopher Columbus; though initially he was used by Castile (Later Spain) to find a East Asian country, was born in Genoa. Thus Genoa is given the ability to send him away and explore the world. Then on you will attain more money every month.

Of course to activate these abilities you have to pay the Great Minds. They all ask a different price thankfully. Not being able to afford them means they go to the historical country or move to a neighboring country.

Trade:
Trading is VERY simple. The money you earn every two weeks can be used for anything a Duke or Count can think of. I mean think of ANYTHING they did back then (I meqn anything national; nothing personal. You know what I mean.)

To trade you and the other Player form the trade pact. Then you agree how much money you’ll give each other for something lese for a amount of time and then pick a overland route. Done; simple.

Population Counter:
This is displayed on the Front Page amongst your Nation’s Summary (More on that later) It means nothing but important info.

Nation Summary:
This is on the First Page. It has Player name, flag, cities, Count’s armies, ecnomy, relations and population.

How do I know how I am doing in the game?:
Well you will of course see the events I post every now and then.
E.G: Hundred Year’s War over: French Armies now freed up for any encounter’s with foreign countries.
Effects; A increased French influence upon Savoy and Milan.

Or someone important dieing or born. You have to keep track (However you want)

Concerning money and alliance’s, armies… etc will be summarized in the very First Post (As in my Religious War;’s game referred to as the Front Page for the important info it hosts) under names. Along with this will be related family, diplomacy matters, your economical status, a list of cities and armies and general info about capital and culture.

Role Playing:

Role Playing is VERY important. Not role playing your character could mean disatorous results. I suggest you reseacrh who your avatar is and try and portray yourself as so, or as you wish.

As stated in a similar RPG; use this character as your alter ego.

Of course if you want you can request to me that you may Role Play another person of the Royal Court.

Not RP'ing could mean I might kick you from the game/

You can choose your nation (Or what nation you'll be Count for) in a few day's time. I am awaiting two people to PM me concerning nation's and then:

There will be three phase's.
Rule Phase
Starting Phase
Game Phase

Rule Phase will last for 1 or two weeks. In that time I want everyone who looks at the Rules to comment on what they think should be added concerning historical accuracy and what they don't understand. Also a time for when you will take your nations.

Starting Phase is the time for people to get used to the whle set up. make sure everything's allright, if they like it, what thye don't like. It will also be a time for me to decide if I can ahndle the game by myself.

The Game Phase is when it all seriously start's. We kick off from wehre the previous Phase was and it's all in stone. No Rule Changing, no swapping nation'ss and no public quuestions. Essentialy we get down to buisness.

Nation's shall eb ready in a few day's. Unfortunely I am having trouble with the history of Florence. I have one source which says it was the Republic of Florence, and another source which says Duchy of Tuscany.

Seeing as the Game might require multiple threads I shall request of TosaInu to perhaps lend a spare foru in the Gameroom for the duration of this game. All of course depends if this is popular.

So I will post nation's tomorrow or day after tomorrow; for now I want comment's I want can be improved and questions.

Map:

https://img379.imageshack.us/img379/5493/coloredmapofitalylf0.png (https://imageshack.us)

Grey: Kingdom of Sicily
Gold: Papal States
Maroon: Duchy of Siena
Dark green: Duchy of Modena
Yellow: Republic of Florence
Red: Republic of Venice
Light Green:Republic of Genoa
Dark Blue: Duchy of Milan
Moss green: Duchy of Savoy
Black: Foreign

Now... for some rest...:sweatdrop:

You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. ~ Mary Pickford

https://img148.imageshack.us/img148/319/13710389td6.png (https://imageshack.us)

Baby Boomer
03-09-2008, 08:10
https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2278/nationsaa6.png (https://imageshack.us)

Duchy of Savoy: Savoy commands the most north western part of Italy possible. They are heavily influenced by France even possesing a Royal Marriage with them. (TwilightBlade)
https://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2076/duchyofsavoyhc0.png (https://imageshack.us)

Nation Summary:

Duchy of Savoy

Ruled by Ludovico I

150 000

Capital: Turin Level 3 (10 000) (Piedmont Region)
Aosta: Level 3 (10 000) (Piedmont Region)
Geneva: Level 5 (20 000) (Savoif Region)
Ivrea: Level 2 (10 000) (Nice Region)
Moncao: Level 3 (10 000) (Nice Region)
Mondovi: Level 2 (10 000) (Piedmont Region)
Nice:Level 5 (20 000) (Nice Region)
Tenda: Level 2 (10 000) Piedmont Region)
Susa: Level 1 (10 000) (Savoif Region)
Vercelli: Level 3 (10 000) (Piedmont Region)

Treasury: 10 000 Ducat
10 000 every 2 Month’s
No Researching

Public Stability:
+1

Culture:
61% Savoy
39% French

Diplomacy:
Royal Marriage with France

Armies:
Army I: 3 000 infantry

Duchy of Milan: One of the most five powerful nations in Italy, and indeed the world, they are in a desperate war with Venice. (UltraWar)
https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8545/duchyofmilanrp1.png (https://imageshack.us)
Nation Summary:

Duchy of Milan

Ruled by Franceso I Sforza

Capital: Milan Level 8 (120 000) (Lombardia Region)
Alessandria: Level 2 (10 000) (Lombardia Region)
Bobbio: Level 5 (50 000) (Lombardia Region)
Como: Level 2 (10 000) (Lombardia Region)
Cremona: Level 3 (10 000) (Lombardia Region)
Novara: Level 1 (10 000) (Lombardia Region)
Tortona: Level 1 (10 000) (Lombardia Region)
Parma: Level 5 (30 000) (Parma Region)
Pavia: Level 2 (10 000) (Lombardia Region)
Piacenza: Level 1 (10 000) (Lombardia Region)

Stability:
+2

Culture:
82% Milanese
18% French

Treasury: 10 000 Ducat
10 000 every 2 Month’s
No Researching

Diplomacy:
Allied with Tuscany

Armies:
Army I 1 000
Army II 3 000

Republic of Genoa: A small Republic with a tiny population, they share the title of Master's of the Sea's with Venice and Sicily. {The Wandering Scholar)
https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/865/republicofgenoacd1.png (https://imageshack.us)
Nation Summary:
Republic of Genoa

Doge ???

Capital: Genoa: Level 8 (50 000) (Liguria Region)
Ajacco Level 3 (20 000) (Corisca Region)

Treaury: 10 000 Ducat
10 000 every 2 Month’s
No researching

Public Stability:
+2

Culture:
98% Genoan
2% French

Diplomacy:
None

Armies:
Army I 1 000

Republic of Venice: The most powerful nation in the world, Venice is the largest city in the world as well and features a massive trade bazaar. Locked in a war with Milan. (Doge: Ichigo ; Count: Glenn
https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3662/republicofveniceod7.png (https://imageshack.us)
Nation Summary:

Republic of Venice

Doge Francesco Foscarni

Capital: Venice Level 9 (120 000) (Venezia Region)
Aquilleia Level 3 (10 000) (Friulli Region)
Belluno:Level 1 (10 000) (Friulli Region)
Bergamo: Level 1 (10 000) (Verona Region)
Brescia: Level 4 (30 000) (Verona Region)
Cividale:Level 1 (10 000) (Verona Region)
Chioggia: Level 2 (10 000) (Verona Region)
Este:Level 1 (10 000) (Verona Region)
Grado: Level 3 (10 000) Friulli Region)
Padua: level 4 (30 000) (Friulli Region)
Vicenza:Level 3 (10 000) (Verona Regon)

10 000 every 2 Month’s
No researching

Public Stability:
+2

Culture:
80% Veneatian
10% Greek
10% Slav

Diplomacy:
Allied with Sicily
One Vassal: Corfu

Armies:
Army I 1 000
Army II 5 000

Duchy of Modena: Squashed between the powerful nation's of Milan, Venice and Florence they also share a nervous combined homeland. (Gaius Scribonius Curio)
https://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7632/duchyofmodenadz5.png (https://imageshack.us)
Nation Summary:

Duchy of Modena

Duke Borso

Capital: Modena Level 5 (40 000) (Modena Region)
Reggio Level 2 (10 000) (Modena Region)
Ferrara Level 1 (10 000) (Romanga Region)
Massa Level 2 (10 000) (Lucca Region)
Lucca Level 4 (30 000) (Lucca Region)

Treasury:
9 000 every 2 Month’s
No researching

Public Stability:

Culture:
50% Modenian
20% Papal
10% Veneatian
10% Luccan
10% Mantuan

Diplomacy:
None

Armies:
Army I 2 000

Republic of Florence: With a powerful hand in Papal politics and a strong relationship with the Holy Roman EMpire they are indeed the true founder's of the Renaissance. (Caius)
https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8246/republicofflorenceqp0.png (https://imageshack.us)
Nation Summary:

Republic of Florence

Doge Cosimo di Giovanni de' Medici

Capital: Florence Level 9 (70 000) (Tuscany Region)
Arezzo level 3 (10 000) (Firenze Region)
Cortona Level 1 (10 000) (Firenze Region)
Pistoia Level 2 (10 000) (Tuscany Region)
Volterra Level 1 (10 000) (Pisa Region)
Pisa Level 5 (40 000) (Pisa Region)
Livorno Level 1 (10 000) (Pisa Region)

10 000 every 2 Month’s
No researching

Public Stability:
+2

Culture:
100% Florentian

Diplomacy:
Allied with Milan

Armies:
Army I 2 000

Papal States: There militaristic and economic powers are small. But politicially and diplomaticlly they bring nations to their knees with several word's from the Pope. (kamikhaan)
https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8056/papalstatesbs4.png (https://imageshack.us)
Nation Summary:

Papal States

Pope Nicholas V

Capital: Rome Level 4 (40 000)
Viterbo Level 2 (10 000)
Orvieto Level 1 (10 000)
Perugia Level 4 (30 000)
Ancona Level 2 (10 000)
Rimini Level 1 (10 000)
Bologna Level 4 (40 000)
Ravenna Level 2 (10 000)

10 000 every 2 Month’s
No researching

Public Stability:
+2

Culture:
20% Urbinese
60% Roman
20% Romangan

Diplomacy:
Allied with Sicily

Armies:
Army I 2 000

Kingdom of Naples: The largest nation in Italy, They control southern italy, Sicily and Sardina. This vassal Kingdom also receive's foreign help from the Aragonese Empire. (Sarathos)
https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3623/kingdomofsicilyzs8.png (https://imageshack.us)
Nation Summary:

Kingdom of Naples

King Alfonso VI

Capital: Naples Level 6 (46 000)
Aversa Level 2 (10 000)
Capua Level 2 (10 000)
Barletta Level 3 (30 000)
Bari Level 2 (10 000)
Taranto Level 3 (10 000)
Brindisi Level 2 (10 000)
Monopoli Level 2 (10 000)

Treaury: 8 000 Ducat
10 000 every 2 Month’s
No researching

Public Stability:
+2

Culture:
100% Napolian

Diplomacy:
Allied with Papal Status
Allied with Venice

Count Payroll:
Count Shlin28 (Count of Barletta) 1000 Ducat
Count Tiberius 1000 Ducat

Armies:
Army I 2 000

Papal States and Savoy have being taken. If you would like to play please say so and your name will be put down. The Other Stuff section of Rules is not nescary, it is only extra stuff. The first few are the most important.

The Map will shall be using in this game has 20 Province's in Italy alone. For representation of Venetian possesions in South East Europe there will also be the side map of the coast near Croatia, Cyprus and Crete. Any Player may invade these with a Navy.

https://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9789/mapsvt8.png (https://imageshack.us)

https://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9262/overallseasonmapofitalyss9.png
Regions of Italy:

https://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7999/copyofoverallseasonmapogg9.png[/
Location of all Duke's, Count's, Doge's , King's and Pope's:
https://img147.imageshack.us/img147/182/copyofcopyofoverallseasud2.png[/URL]

Key to this Map:
DoF= Duke of Florence
etc, etc. DoMod is Duke of Modena.

It will be in future color coded for less confusion. So please reserve your countries and we will begin Testing Phase at the middle of this or next week. Is there anyone else interested in joining?

Baby Boomer
03-09-2008, 08:30
https://img410.imageshack.us/img410/5012/testingphasean6.png (https://imageshack.us)

This Game is offically in Testing Phase. In this time of two or so week's, the Rule's shall be modelled around the Player's likes and dislikes, and the Player's themselves can decide whether they like the Game. It will also be a time to see if I can handle this game single handly. As of now there is discussion over whether a sub forum should be set up.

So Player's and Reader's, I need your opinion's on what you don't like in the following weeks. Failure of feedback, unfortuenly, means failure of Game. With every nation with a Player (And with every Player active) this will prove to be massive.

So; start your plotting and planning Player's, start your backstabbing and plans. This Game is on! (Also regarding info about Armies,etc, that will be up very soon, today.)

Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game. - Gary Gygax

Caius
03-09-2008, 13:57
I will join.

UltraWar
03-09-2008, 18:07
I will also join. :2thumbsup:

The Wandering Scholar
03-09-2008, 22:49
Only two?

UltraWar
03-09-2008, 22:58
It's a small country. :2thumbsup:

Csargo
03-10-2008, 08:35
Venice plz

PershsNhpios
03-10-2008, 08:37
Colour me Venetian!
(Actually.)

I must return and read the rules properly, but I should also add that I will not be capable of the responsibilities a Duke would control in this game.

I hope to have time for those of a Count however.

Twilightblade
03-10-2008, 11:06
If I'm influenced by france then can I influence france in turn?

Baby Boomer
03-10-2008, 11:14
If I'm influenced by france then can I influence france in turn?

Possible; but highly unlikely. Savoy is powerful in Italy; but small compared to other European nations (France, Castile, HRE)

I hope to have time for those of a Count however.

Although Duke's control most of the nation's affairs Count's are a more personal character, based more upon only national events. There diffrent experince's but both very fun.

It's a small country.

In a way; Italy was as large as Europe. :juggle2:

Two new Rule's to be added;
Diseas'es and Natrual Disaster's
Techonologies

The Wandering Scholar
03-10-2008, 13:53
I'll take the Republic of Genoa

Caius
03-10-2008, 18:46
Florence.

UltraWar
03-10-2008, 20:00
I'll have to be the Doge of Milan.

Twilightblade
03-12-2008, 00:05
I'm sensing a distinct lack of enthusiasm

Come on sign up:whip:

Sarathos
03-12-2008, 02:38
I shall rsie to the challange and lead the Kingdom of Sicily to victory!

pevergreen
03-12-2008, 02:39
Sicily!

EDIT: we posted at the same time, i claim higher role. Hes sitting next to me, so its ok.

Sarathos
03-12-2008, 02:44
pevergreen, I pretty sure you need to get your eyes checked. I posted a whole minute before you.

pevergreen
03-12-2008, 02:54
Could be a 2 second gap...

Sarathos
03-12-2008, 02:56
Could be a 2 second gap...
Doesn't matter if its two seconds or two days, I still got in before you.

PershsNhpios
03-12-2008, 04:10
Sarathos is the more virtuous player.

Pevergreen would have Sicily sinking into the Mediterranean beneath the weight of his sinful character.

Csargo
03-12-2008, 04:27

Pevergreen would have Sicily sinking into the Mediterranean beneath the weight of his sinful character.

You're really starting to :daisy: me off.:thumbsdown:

PershsNhpios
03-12-2008, 04:54
So sue me Freddy! :thumbsup:

Sarathos
03-12-2008, 05:21
:bow:

pevergreen
03-12-2008, 05:29
Hadouken.

Please remove that quote about me from your sig Sarathos. I find it offensive.

Sarathos
03-12-2008, 05:59
Censorship will do

Csargo
03-12-2008, 06:13
So sue me Freddy! :thumbsup:

I don't think I could, but pever can form a case against.

Baby Boomer
03-12-2008, 06:35
Unfortunely, pevergreen, the clock does say Sarathos got in first. You can still be Count though; or if you want take another nation. The Duchy of Modena isn't all that bad, it's just they have a lot of powerful neighbors.

Please no arguing; you can hold grudges and smash each other when the Game start's, and hold diplomatic word's but nothing personal, deal with that by PM. Siena needs to be filled then it's all pretty good to go in Testing Phase. Is there any questions anybody wants to ask? Any lurker's have anything to add to the rules?

Please; anybody thinking of Playing join! A Count, is just as fun as a Duke/Doge/King/Pope/Councillor! You assassinate your Duke, plan revolutions, stir the population or make deals behind your Duke's back with enemy nations! Of course a Duke (Any Duke's reading this; take note) can kill you, exile you, throw you to the dogs or banish you from Italy...

Disease and Technology Rule's added as well as a full color map of Italy on the Front Page. Going to add a key underneath now.

The Wandering Scholar
03-12-2008, 12:21
LMFAO at Glenn, you are a star, friend. A barrel of laughs. Woo only one more place to fill, pevergreen, who are you taking?

Twilightblade
03-13-2008, 00:08
With the colour map which colours are related to which factions?

Baby Boomer
03-13-2008, 08:03
The Duchy of Modena is taken up.

I'm very happy I didn't add those 3 other Duchy's. The Duchy of Modena includes the was independent Duchy of Lucca I think, and Venice includes the Duchy of Mantua. Siena is avabile.

The Colored Map has a Key.

Seeing as we have no queries or changes wanted to be added to the Rules it may be time to start Testing Phase. I just need to finish up a collection of historical research and then we're ready to roll into Testing. A note to lurker's, after the so many weeks of testing is done you may not join or make any suggestions.

Andres
03-13-2008, 15:13
Please no arguing; you can hold grudges and smash each other when the Game start's, and hold diplomatic word's but nothing personal, deal with that by PM.

:yes:

Be nice to each other, even when you are burning and pillaging each others' cities :devil:

Gaius Scribonius Curio
03-14-2008, 00:18
As mentioned above, I've taken the Duchy of Modena.

Tiberius of the Drake
03-16-2008, 05:34
Ill be a Count of Sicily :thumbs up:

shlin28
03-16-2008, 13:15
I want to be a count of Siciliy too :yes:

Sarathos
03-17-2008, 10:41
Shlin can be Deputy Count...?

Baby Boomer
03-17-2008, 11:05
Due to a 'problem' I encountered yesterday and over the weekend this game will start either Tuesday or Wedensday.

shlin28 can still be a full Count of Sicily, as can Tiberius of the Drake, there's simply two of them. (Unless one want's to change to another Duchy/Republic) . A question of conveneaice; would the Player's (and Reader's) prefer to have mutliple thread's in the Gameroom or a more organized set up?

Twilightblade
03-18-2008, 03:10
Is the organised setup a single thread?

Csargo
03-18-2008, 04:38
Can we get something like CA's "Victonia Elections" did in the Backroom?

Baby Boomer
03-18-2008, 08:56
Yes.

The organised set up is a seperate forum.

The Kingdom of Sicily is now the Kingdom of Naples. It has lost all possesion's of Sicily and Sardina. (This is NOT a in game message. Merely a GM notifcation.)

The Game has now started. So please role play, write your stories and send to your Office the order's! The Historical Info shall immdiatly start from hereon. If you wish to make a post not involving your character and simply not involving the game, use these marks before every post: OOC. (To save confusion.) Remember; you're not invincible. There's no silly GM NPC in this...

Baby Boomer
03-18-2008, 09:50
Winter Season
January

The new year has started and the snow falls. This chilly weather opens the second half of this gruesome century. It appear's a new dawn comes, can the sun shine quick enough?

It is a cold winter. This means armies and Character's take one day longer to travel between destination's and there is the Snow Damage disaster possible.

Csargo
03-18-2008, 09:50
OOC:Do the Doges get to decide what city the Counts govern?

Baby Boomer
03-18-2008, 09:52
GM:Yes. They do.

Sarathos
03-18-2008, 10:08
OOC:
The Historical Info shall immdiatly start from hereon
Its that your info or ours?

Twilightblade
03-18-2008, 10:25
OOC: My capital doesnt have a level and there seems to be some other typo's under other Duchy/Kingdoms

Csargo
03-18-2008, 10:44
Armies:
Army I 1 000 Infantry
Army II 1 Infantry 4 000 Cavarlys

:huh:

Baby Boomer
03-18-2008, 21:40
OOC:
Its that your info or ours?

Your's. It's on the second post of this thread.

OOC: My capital doesnt have a level and there seems to be some other typo's under other Duchy/Kingdoms

Fixed. And also, Ichigo, fixed.

UltraWar
03-18-2008, 23:25
I have decided to update the map in the first post, as various things are wrong. Also, Baby Boomer, shouldn't Brescia be under the region of Brescia, and not Verona? I reckon the only thing that I was having trouble with was Modena, as well, there were a few inconsistencies in region names, as they didn't appear on the map provided.

Hopefully, this map will provide a much more accurate aid, all it needs is Corsica to be added, yet I haven't got enough time to do it. Baby Boomer, if you want, I can work on it tomorrow.

https://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6684/italybb9.png

Csargo
03-19-2008, 00:42
Fixed. And also, Ichigo, fixed.

It's still the same.

Twilightblade
03-19-2008, 06:02
OOC: I might as well start things off /OOC

The Duchy of Savoy extends an open invitation of peace and free trade to anyone who would accept it.

Baby Boomer
03-19-2008, 08:17
https://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4299/bartolomeomontagnabornyt1.png

GM: Thanks UltraWar, that map help is appreciated. May I note that the Kingdom of Sicily is now a avabile nation to play as; and the other nation is Kingdom of Naples.

Gaius Scribonius Curio
03-19-2008, 08:29
The Duchy of Modena would like to accept the kind offer of the Illustrious Duke of Savoy.

OOC: Do we still have to send the relevant PMs to the Office of Diplomatic Affairs?

Twilightblade
03-19-2008, 08:54
OOC: Yeah we probably do

Sarathos
03-19-2008, 12:19
OOC:
May I note that the Kingdom of Sicily is now a avabile nation to play as; and the other nation is Kingdom of Naples.
Which one is which?

shlin28
03-19-2008, 20:00
OOC:

I think we are Naples.

And a question to Baby Boomer:

Do the Dukes assign the counts' payrolls? And if we get no money, do we just do nothing?

Baby Boomer
03-19-2008, 21:57
GM: Yes; you're Naples.

shlin28; yes, Duke's do.

Caius
03-19-2008, 22:14
What am I expected to do?

shlin28
03-19-2008, 22:25
OOC:

To Baby Boomer:

By upgrading city levels it increases the income no?

UltraWar
03-19-2008, 22:38
Baby Boomer, please update the first post.

Baby Boomer
03-20-2008, 07:46
https://img151.imageshack.us/img151/574/milaneseveneatianwarisoim9.png

Baby Boomer, please update the first post.

In what way?

What am I expected to do?

You send me order's to what you want done, it's done. You RP your character, etc,etc.

By upgrading city levels it increases the income no?

No; it means the city is more well fortified against trebuchet's and catapault's.

shlin28
03-20-2008, 20:51
OOC:

So, if I am reading this right, we would only ever get 10,000 ducats, and then half is deducted for "maintenaince", leaving only 5000 to do stuff?

There has to be a way to boost the income, 5000 is not a lot to work with for a duke, let alone for a count.

Sarathos
03-21-2008, 11:11
So, if I am reading this right, we would only ever get 10,000 ducats, and then half is deducted for "maintenaince", leaving only 5000 to do stuff?

There has to be a way to boost the income, 5000 is not a lot to work with for a duke, let alone for a count.
Well it does say you can reduce it, but it is still pretty high.

P.S. When does this phase end?