PDA

View Full Version : Hannibal's army

Flavius Merobaudes
03-11-2008, 18:16
Here is a nice documentary about Hannibal's army, for those who haven't already seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=66A34EC9EC715FEF

Seems to be relatively accurate. I haven't seen anything similar about the carthaginian military before.

Spartan198
03-12-2008, 12:38
I know I'm not a moderator,but this should probably be moved to the Monastery.

Iñnsomñni
04-07-2008, 20:31
Very interesting videos, i couldnt keep my eyes off the screen, or keep my brothers mouth shut while i watched it! Lol, loved it, thanks for the videos, ill remember that...

Bartholemew-Varath
04-19-2008, 11:16
Interesting videos, not something my History teachers are willing to teach at school, nice to get some extra knowledge to correct them if they do actually decide to teach us anything apart from World War 2

RLucid
04-21-2008, 14:11
Think this was repeated last few days on UK TV History, so it'll probably be on again. I saw a slightly more in depth more serious documentary about Hannibal a few months back, without the catchy number features (perhaps on History channel). But it didn't gloss over the loss of 50% army crossing the Alps, nor did it make any silly platitude about a mistake not immediately besieging Rome.

Memorable quote, "Hannibal, was actually, in the end Carthage's worst nightmare".

Oh ya, and the German dude with the Ele's explaining about them not having Banannas was priceless to!

zalalzabob konsorbud
04-26-2008, 22:11
This was a nice doc I think I seen some of these episodes on TV 2 or 3 years back did not see that one thou lol.

zalalzabob konsorbud
04-26-2008, 22:26
This was a nice doc I think I seen some of these episodes on TV 2 or 3 years back did not see that one thou lol.

Woops Hold on no I have not seen this Doc but sounded nice lol.

Got confused with another Doc hahaha:clown: .

Good Ship Chuckle
05-10-2008, 02:35
:gah:
From what I read in the previous posts, this doc looks pretty cool. But when ever I try to click on one of the videos, I get a pink slip at the top of the screen that says

This video is not available in your country.
Darn! This is first time that Youtube has disappointed me. :shame: