PDA

View Full Version : Problem with custom battles

Patrizius
03-17-2008, 23:57
I have a problem in my mod.When i start a custom battle,i can't select any kind of wall...
:help:

I select the city to be town and then i go for woddden palisade but i can't slect it...

I checked and i can't simply select any wall type in every custom map,even those which i have always played with custom cities...

Any idea:juggle2:

Dol Guldur
03-18-2008, 00:37
Sounds like the wall faction/culture assignments in edb have been altered.

Patrizius
03-18-2008, 01:37
i haven' touched that part of Edb...I don't know.Anyway i'm going to check for those errors.Any other idea?

Patrizius
03-18-2008, 01:40
building defenses
{
levels wooden_pallisade wooden_wall stone_wall large_stone_wall epic_stone_wall
{
wooden_pallisade requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and not hidden_resource unit_sparta
{
capability
{
wall_level 0
tower_level 1
}
construction 6
cost 2000
settlement_min town
upgrades
{
wooden_wall
}
}
wooden_wall requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and not hidden_resource unit_sparta
{
capability
{
wall_level 1
gate_strength 1
tower_level 1
}
construction 6
cost 4000
settlement_min large_town
upgrades
{
stone_wall
}
}
stone_wall requires factions { gauls, germans, dacia, spain, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and not hidden_resource unit_sparta
{
capability
{
wall_level 2
tower_level 1
gate_defences 1
gate_strength 1
}
construction 10
cost 5000
settlement_min city
upgrades
{
large_stone_wall
}
}
large_stone_wall requires factions { carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and not hidden_resource unit_sparta
{
capability
{
wall_level 3
tower_level 1
gate_defences 2
gate_strength 2
}
construction 12
cost 6000
settlement_min large_city
upgrades
{
epic_stone_wall
}
}
epic_stone_wall requires factions { carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and not hidden_resource unit_sparta
{
capability
{
wall_level 4
tower_level 2
gate_defences 2
gate_strength 2
}
construction 14
cost 9000
settlement_min huge_city
upgrades
{
}
}
}
plugins
{
}
}

here it's the code

Patrizius
03-18-2008, 10:36
no idea?

Makanyane
03-18-2008, 14:16
not sure why it shouldn't be working in custom battles but try taking the
and not hidden_resource unit_sparta
bit off - 'and not' conditions in EDB tend to have unwanted side effects.

also you should probably delete/rename your map.rwm after doing that, as its resource related.

Dol Guldur
03-18-2008, 14:28
Yup, that "not" would block it. I will have to make that more clear in the EDB Guide when I get time.

If you want to not allow sparta to have walls then make a resource necessary for walls. Doing it your way will also mess up the building browser (a pet peeve of mine btw). ;)

You might use "slaves" as a resource as it is assigned to all regions usually; and getting rid of it in sparta will not hurt.

Patrizius
03-18-2008, 14:39
it was that!!
as i remove the resource it became available.
Thanks to all.As normal your help has been decisive

Ibrahim
03-19-2008, 00:35
out of topic, but here goes:

does anyone know what file has the information on shield wall for BI? (the stats benifit, distance needed/used, etc):help:
and why hasn't anyone answered my topic on the lakhmids here?:shame:

Aradan
03-19-2008, 00:42
The code for special abilities/formations is in the .exe file (which is illegal to be modded/cracked). Generally, shield-wall gives def bonus in melee (none against missiles) but only from the front; from the rear and sides it actually makes your units perform worse, because of they way it works. Figuring out the exact number is a nightmare though...

EDIT: Why on earth did u use this thread?!

Ibrahim
03-19-2008, 05:04
:laugh4: because no one would answer the thread I made-that's why; and you haven't answered the other half of the question!:laugh4: :laugh4:
inevitably, I used one that people quickly answered...:shame:
thanks for the shield wall source. pity, it's hardcoaded.

Squid
03-19-2008, 07:21
If no one answered your other question(s) its because they don't want to do the texture/modelling for you, otherwise they would have responded.

Dol Guldur
03-19-2008, 14:30
Please keep threads on topic - it makes it very hard for future users to find information when it is disorganized.