PDA

View Full Version : Research - the destr strat thing

Mek Simmur al Ragaski
03-23-2008, 01:22
Hello, i was just wondering where people say something like 'open C something or other file to get onto destr strat thing, how do you get onto the c thing i cant seem to find it, some set by set instructions would be handy, sorry for being such a noob but a really wanna make something out of these games

cassu
03-23-2008, 10:26
if you mean C: then it would be in My Computer and C: Local disk, helps at all?

Mek Simmur al Ragaski
03-23-2008, 12:20
Right this is what i did, tell me if it is wrong, i explored my hard drive went to program files. then went to the creative assembly, then i went to rome total war, (sorry but if i mess up i wanna be able to still go on M2TW), then i went to data and there were a load of destr files on there but i dont know the one which allows you to change the teams playable, an aswer today would be great

pevergreen
03-23-2008, 12:37
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=74599

Nice little thread I made when I was a young'un.

Mek Simmur al Ragaski
03-23-2008, 13:25
Hey, i did all the changes but i pressed save and it comes up with 'descr strat is an read only file, try again with a different file name. What should i do here??? All i need to do is save it now.

ReiseReise
03-23-2008, 13:32
Pevergreen has a great post there.
The only thing I would recommend different is that in some of his examples he has you delete lines of text. Put a ; in front of them instead, that way you can easily undo your changes if something bad happens.

The short answer is
Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt

Mek Simmur al Ragaski
03-23-2008, 13:51
I still dont get it it says you do not have permission to save in this folder, so where do i save it at???

pevergreen
03-23-2008, 14:25
right click the file in the folder, under properties, down the bottom of that, uncheck the "read only file" box.

Doing sapi's job for him. I see him on msn... grrr...

:laugh4:

Mek Simmur al Ragaski
03-23-2008, 14:44
I did that but then it said make sure that file and path name are correct, what do i do here

pevergreen
03-23-2008, 15:13
Can you give a screenshot? Im not completely clear on what the problem is.

Mek Simmur al Ragaski
03-23-2008, 16:07
no sorry i cant, but it says make sure the file name and path are correct, i was trying to name the file descr strat.txt but it doesnt seem to work, and i have tried saving it over the original text aswell

Gaius Terentius Varro
03-23-2008, 17:27
Bit easier way is go to your C:\Program\SEGA\Medieval II Total War (the one that contains the file with the helmet icon) there is a file called medieval2.preference open it with notepad then add those 2 lines at the very bottom

[misc]
unlock_campaign = true

These few lines will unlock all playable factions in your campaign: