PDA

View Full Version : Factions Unlockable

Mek Simmur al Ragaski
03-28-2008, 00:10
I was just wondering whether factions are unlockable if they are destroyed, as i have never successfully destroyed a faction...

Spartan198
03-28-2008, 00:14
No,factions are unlocked upon completion of the game as one of the three Roman families,or by modding the files directly.

Mek Simmur al Ragaski
03-28-2008, 00:22
Ok, thanks

Brave
03-28-2008, 00:29
Unless they are locked then they are either unlocked on completing a campaign, destroying them or modding.

Spartan198
03-28-2008, 04:30
Unless they are locked then they are either unlocked on completing a campaign, destroying them or modding.
Uh,Brave,you don't need to destroy a vanilla-playable faction in RTW to unlock it.

Quirinus
03-28-2008, 10:01
Actually, IIRC, you can unlock a faction by destroying it-- on my game, Gaul and the Greek Cities always get unlocked first. Completing the campaign unlocks everybody, but destroying other vanilla-playable factions also unlocks them in my experience.

Brave
03-28-2008, 12:29
Uh,Brave,you don't need to destroy a vanilla-playable faction in RTW to unlock it.

That is correct, you do not need to destroy them to unlock them but destroying an unlockable faction does unlock them. :juggle2:

Mek Simmur al Ragaski
03-28-2008, 14:13
Wont be long before i unlock Gauls, they have garrisoned every one of their settlements to my north with 1 unit of warbands, i took something along the lines of Normasdfs kshidufhks, but it sounded like a settlement name

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-28-2008, 17:12
I've had some very strange experiences with the unlocking system. I once played and won a historical battle, resulting in Gaul, The Greek Cities and Carthage being unlocked all in one go. Very odd.

This was inconsitant though - on another occasion I played the same historical battle, on a fresh install, gaining a similar result, and nothing was unlocked. Other historical battles didn't do anything either. There must be something else there affecting it.

:dizzy2:

I've never unlocked factions by simply destroying them in the campaign though.

~:)

Quintus.JC
03-28-2008, 17:21
For me the Gauls were the first faction to be unlocked because I played the Julii first and destroyed them by taking their last city.

RLucid
03-30-2008, 19:51
Playing under Vista, I've found troubles getting Victory conditions noticed, and factions unlocked. It all worked fine the first time, but not subsequently following removal and attempted clean installs, trying out various mods.

If that's part of problem, find out about the virtual store which is hidden, and you must enable listing of it in the control panel not the explorer.

Otherwise you may be changing the wrong copy of the file.

Korlon
03-30-2008, 20:02
If you look in your descr_strat file, you'll see this stuff.

playable
romans_julii
romans_brutii
romans_scipii
end
unlockable
egypt
seleucid
carthage
parthia
gauls
germans
britons
greek_cities
end
nonplayable
romans_senate
macedon
pontus
armenia
dacia
numidia
scythia
spain
thrace
slave
end

The ones under unlockable are the only factions that you can unlock in the game itself. The ones in the nonplayable are not unlockable and you must manually move those factions to the playable to make them work.