PDA

View Full Version : Possible Firefox problem

Kralizec
04-01-2008, 18:48
Today I ended up on the website of The Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/), and when my browser finished loading it simply closed itself. No big problem since Firefox can restore previous sessions, but it happened again when I tried to visit that particular website again. I don't recall ever seeing this happen before. Any thoughts?

LeftEyeNine
04-01-2008, 19:15
Same thing happens with my Maxthon from time to time. Also I get ntdll.dll crashes which I think there is a correspondence between.

For the solution: No idea.

Papewaio
04-02-2008, 00:29
Not a Firefox problem (mine has the latest updates).

Clicked on your links and it works fine.

Except for the doggerel that was displayed... not exactly Shakespeare is it... now for that page three girl... :laugh:

The Foolish Horseman
04-10-2008, 20:54
update you .net framework, as the ntdll.dll corresponds to .net framework. that shoudl also work for you Fenring

caravel
04-13-2008, 01:05
update you .net framework, as the ntdll.dll corresponds to .net framework. that shoudl also work for you Fenring
ntdll.ll is a core part of the OS and not part of the .net framework.

I'm not sure why Maxthon would crash with this error, though it is basically an IE front end so any bugs in it could potentially have some strange effects on the user shell.

With regards to that site and Firefox, the site may be crashing due to a script error on the page (though it's far more likely that Firefox automatically recognises such journalistic trash and auto-closes to protect the user. :laugh4:) or due to a buggy add on you have installed. Try disabling all add ons, clearing your cache, cookies and history and try again.

:bow:

Phatose
04-14-2008, 23:33
You might want to check that you have flash and possibly quicktime updated to the latest versions. Both are known troublemakers with firefox.

Kralizec
04-19-2008, 23:00
Thanks guys. I can rule out version, add-ons, cache or cookies as causes for the trouble. About flash or quicktime, I don't see how having an older version should lead to the browser closing rather (instead of failing to display parts of the site)

Oh well, I think I can live on without visiting the Sun's website.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
04-20-2008, 10:41
Updating Flash and Quicktime probably would be strongly advisable regardless of whether it is causing the crashes or not. Plugins are responsible for many browser stability/performance issues and most updates fix both security problems, performance issues and application crashes.

~:)