PDA

View Full Version : Subordinate commanders

Captn. James Crunch
04-07-2008, 20:42
Is it possible for generals to get traits even when they are not the main commander of an army?

Thor the Bassist
04-07-2008, 21:17
Dont think so because the traits are given on a basis of how well the battle was fought and so heroic victories gain good traits etc. This means the traits are given on a basis of how well the tactics were that the general gave so only the main general gets traits.

You could try making a script that gives points to all generals in armies when they win? This would mean the main general gets effectively 2 points and the rest 1.

RLucid
04-07-2008, 22:59
If the Main General is killed, you can get a MOTH who gains the credit for a Heroic Victory, and can have some pretty tasty attributes as a result.

Not sure if subordinate General would get the credit in that situation.

Captn. James Crunch
04-08-2008, 03:27
Well my armies usually have at least 3 generals in them; 1 family member and 2 other on each wing (to simulate subcommanders). So most of the time I only switch out the family members and the other two remain as subcommanders for the rest of their lives. I was trying to make a trait to reflect this but i have no idea how to set up the triggers:help:

Squid
04-08-2008, 16:03
As long as the trigger doesn't have the condition IsGeneral is should apply to any character with the army, if it has IsGeneral then it only applies to the commanding general.