PDA

View Full Version : What exaclty do command stars do?

Raz
04-08-2008, 11:02
Do they add morale like some traits (e.g. every command star adds +1 Morale)? Or do they add attack+defence to the units in the army? I'm talking about the command stars of the general not the chevrons of the unit.

Any help?

Rolo
04-08-2008, 11:41
The more Command stars a General has then the more influence the General has over his men. This means that moral is greatly increased with a 10 star general, your men will not rout as quick and will remain unbroken nearly until the last man.

Ludens
04-08-2008, 11:53
Research: effect of command (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=44549)

Basically, command influences morale of nearby troops. There also is a defense bonus/penalty, but I am not entirely sure how it works.

Quintus.JC
04-08-2008, 13:07
While I’m not sure how it affects near by units. Having a 10 star general certainly boost the morale and confidence of the human player for sure.:beam:

RLucid
04-08-2008, 13:15
I think there are noticeable attack bonuses for all troops, which counteract the effect of the +4 or +7 AI attack bonus for H/VH battle setting.

The other thing I notice, going from a fighting General, to a noob without stars, say against rebels, is that it's hard to adjust as the lag after giving an order is significantly greater. Tends to lead to them getting caught in fights, when they were meant to lure off enemy. I've found the soldiers are softer to, so there's a danger of expecting too much, of troops when you're used to many stars.