PDA

View Full Version : Political Systems

Flying Pig
04-14-2008, 10:09
Can you, through a combination of scripts and traits, create a faction llike Rome which changes its leader every two turns or like Sparta with two kings from two fam,ilies? With Sparta I had the idea of making the leader and heir trait the same and the mouseover the same but I can't get the AI to stick to a heir from one tree and a leader from another

TruePraetorian
04-14-2008, 21:35
You cant have the nice little scroll showing who holds what position, but you can do it through traits. EB uses a system like this; They made a single roman faction (SPQR). All of your characters can progress through the ranks, gaining benifits as they do. For your "twin king" case, you cant have 2 faction leaders, but it is very possible for them to have the same trait "King" or something, with say +5 influence or soemthing.

Check out EB, v1.1 just came out so your in luck. It shows perfectly how to do it. But, it is VERY adictive ( :laugh4: ), so you may forget about your mini mod. In that case, just ask one of the EB team members, they can explain it short and simple.

3rd paragraph, but if you don't want to ask around, the basics needed to make "offices" and such are simple traits and triggers. The triggers can be anything you choose. If you want a two king system, for example, make it so to be elected King you need to be 30 or something.

Have fun and good luck :smug:

Flying Pig
04-15-2008, 19:24
I tried but it takes longer then my compiuter is generally on for to download so I gave it a miss. I'd like some system with mods where everyone releases on demand some of their new code, it would save me downloading stiuff like LOTRTW soley for the coding!By the way, I need to teach you history :-). You don' get ELECTED King, but you do get elected Ephor, like a bossuy version of a roman senator. I don't need two leaders, but I made leader and hei get the same benefitss so it is immeterial. Can you make senate offices that don't actually need a superfaction?

Dol Guldur
04-15-2008, 21:41
I do not think coders or scripters will take kindly to being required "on demand" to provide the community with their coding techniques; however, they are generally nice guys and do provide tutorials, replies in posts where time allows, and examples of their work in their mods.

A lot can be learned from learning from others' mods. It's a bit much for a coder to keep on posting samples of all techniques of his work et. al. when it exists in the mod he has released...