PDA

View Full Version : Help me for I am at the end of my rope.

DemonArchangel
04-23-2008, 01:56
Ok, every time I use Windows Messenger, or MSN Live Messenger, I am forcibly invited into a multi-chat with people I don't know. I have done several sweeps of my computer, which has revealed no malware, and I have no idea how to fix it. Please help for this is slowly driving me insane.

LeftEyeNine
04-23-2008, 04:20
I recommend a re-install at first sight.

If it doesn't work, I have, right now, doubted if you somehow have some kind of a bot on your contact list which automatically activates such disturbance. I've never heard of any such like that, however the internets is a craze where you can go anonymous.

So better check your contacts to see if you can come up with "Who the heck is this ?" kinda contact. I should repeat, I've not seen nor heard of such weirdness however it just doesn't sound impossible to me.

Good luck.

FactionHeir
04-23-2008, 21:00
Does the problem occur if you log on using a new email address (just create any hotmail or other mail and use it for MSN)

Ramses II CP
04-24-2008, 00:56
Wasn't there a worm that did this a few years ago as it's method of spread? What kind of anti-virus are you using?

:egypt:

DemonArchangel
05-05-2008, 15:56
I solved the problem (somebody added me to their buddylist, because they had a bot)

LeftEyeNine
05-06-2008, 01:28
I solved the problem (somebody added me to their buddylist, because they had a bot)

If it doesn't work, I have, right now, doubted if you somehow have some kind of a bot on your contact list which automatically activates such disturbance.

https://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2290/rachelbondfj8.jpg

LEN - Far Better than Rachel Bond. Not Eating Ur Babiez And Useful On Teh Internets Since 1984

:smoking:

Big King Sanctaphrax
05-08-2008, 18:49
Oh my god, I've started a meme.

LeftEyeNine
05-08-2008, 18:57
Oh my god, I've started a meme.

What did you expect after that really? :smoking: