PDA

View Full Version : Question about wiki Rtw ...

Ibn-Khaldun
05-02-2008, 09:47
I was bored and looked the RTW article in Wikipedia ..:book:
There were couple of things that I didn't know and amazed me ..
So .. I want to know are those things true..

Another thing to note is that the provinces under control of the Senate faction will never revolt, no matter how low public order is.

Settlements assaulted by mercenaries also receive less cash than usual, as the mercenaries always take a disproportionate share of the plunder.

Actually there were more but I can't find those claims anymore :shame:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
05-02-2008, 12:42
Another thing to note is that the provinces under control of the Senate faction will never revolt, no matter how low public order is.Yep that's true. It's logical really - if the senate were to revolt then in more cases than not it would end up removed from the game (usually controlling only Rome). This would result in no authority binding the Romans together, allowing them to enter a premature civil war.

Settlements assaulted by mercenaries also receive less cash than usual, as the mercenaries always take a disproportionate share of the plunder.That's kind of true, but only in BI in the case of hordes which are sacking settlements. Otherwise the mercenaries are happy enough with their standard pay.

~:)

Ibn-Khaldun
05-02-2008, 12:58
If I make the Senate faction playable does that mean that I do not have to worry about settlements revolting? :dizzy2:
This makes Senate faction very easy to play .. this is kind of playng slave faction .. only with roman troops :inquisitive:

I am happy to hear that my mercenaries are honest people and do not steal ... well .. at least not from me :laugh4:

Spartan198
05-03-2008, 02:48
Settlements assaulted by mercenaries also receive less cash than usual, as the mercenaries always take a disproportionate share of the plunder.
I removed this line from the article since it doesn't apply to RTW itself. If the Wikipedia staff don't like it, they can take it up with CA.

Korlon
05-04-2008, 19:06
The Wikipedia staff wouldn't care. It's the people that change this sort of thing.

Spartan198
05-06-2008, 04:33
I've had a Wikipedia account for quite some time, and the standards for editing are actually quite strict, despite what most people think.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
05-06-2008, 07:27
I've had a Wikipedia account for quite some time, and the standards for editing are actually quite strict, despite what most people think.Yes, the Wikipedia folk are fairly strict - I do have an account on there, but haven't ever actually used it - preferring to be anonymous. Since my IP address is dynamic, it avoids the risk of having talk pages filled with lists of messes I have made.

~:)