PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Oblivion

Revan-Shan
05-10-2008, 17:32
Some people are working in a Warhammer mod for the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Take a look:
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Warhammer_Oblivion/index.php?showtopic=120&view=getnewpost
http://www.moddb.com/mods/10394/warhammer-oblivion

They are new so they need moders and so, and a community.

Zapp
05-10-2008, 19:32
How professional is it to post up official GW artwork? And the models they've done this far does not impress me, so I have no high hopes for this. A pity, since the idea is cool.

eggthief
05-10-2008, 20:05
Yeah the idea sure is, but I doubt that Warhammer could be done with this game .

Spankfurt
05-10-2008, 23:12
The erection of the idea is slightly thicker than the boner of the actual work :(

Zapp
05-10-2008, 23:22
The erection of the idea is slightly thicker than the boner of the actual work :(
Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

Raz
05-11-2008, 12:23
Oh, that was distasteful Spankfurt. :laugh4:

eggthief
05-11-2008, 15:08
And then weman say that men only think with their little head.

Jonlissla
05-11-2008, 22:41
I hate to say this, but this mod will undoubtely die. Another TC-mod which had over 20+ professional members, abondoned the mod afterwards, because of the immense kind of work and time it took. They couldn't just cope with it. If they are going to add some new armour and weapons, I guess it'll be alright, but if they're aiming at a Total Conversion.... well, then they're in for ALOT of work.

Zapp
05-11-2008, 23:49
I hate to say this, but this mod will undoubtely die. Another TC-mod which had over 20+ professional members, abondoned the mod afterwards, because of the immense kind of work and time it took. They couldn't just cope with it. If they are going to add some new armour and weapons, I guess it'll be alright, but if they're aiming at a Total Conversion.... well, then they're in for ALOT of work.
Yeah, and the fact that this mod hardly has any professional modder at all, it doesen't really get better.

Enthes
05-12-2008, 01:45
and the fact they are modding for a bad game dosent help :clown:

Raz
05-12-2008, 08:55
I have to disagree with you there. :laugh4:

essi2
05-12-2008, 09:44

I second that :laugh4:

eggthief
05-12-2008, 09:59
its a great game, however I could never see a total conversion mod with it.

Revan-Shan
05-15-2008, 11:56

If it's for difficulty MERP for example is making all Middle Earth for Oblivion. The whole point is to have great community, to encourage and help the modders. I know of nobody who's creating a TC alone.

If you like a mod and you want it to be finished then become part of the mod team or at least of the community.

eggthief
05-15-2008, 13:39
Holy crap!? Didnt knew that, Im sure as hell gonna try it out.

Dark Messiah
06-01-2008, 15:19
How professional is it to post up official GW artwork? And the models they've done this far does not impress me, so I have no high hopes for this. A pity, since the idea is cool.

Okay, dude this may be a bit late but that's cus i didn't know about this thread. I am one of the members working there, and since we are in the early stages of this we just don't have any really good models to present. And those were only to advertise. So we do have a couple, but we ain't presenting those to the public yet, and currently we are working on the heightmap and stuff like that. If you are gonna critisize like that then do it better yourself.

Zapp
06-01-2008, 16:37
Okay, dude this may be a bit late but that's cus i didn't know about this thread. I am one of the members working there, and since we are in the early stages of this we just don't have any really good models to present. And those were only to advertise. So we do have a couple, but we ain't presenting those to the public yet, and currently we are working on the heightmap and stuff like that. If you are gonna critisize like that then do it better yourself.
I just expressed my opinion, since when did that get illegal? And come on, "do it better yourself", how old are you?

I have nothing against you or your team, and if you really do finish this mod and make it look and play great, then great, but I really don't think you will. I'm not some kind of insecure boy that can't express himself in real life, and therefore say bad things to people on the internet to get at least a small bit of attention - no, I say this out of experience, because it's the truth. I have never heard of one single total conversion for morrowind or oblivion that has been even near completion.

So just a tip, never post something that you haven't done at all yourself, especially if the stuff you post is made by a big company like GW. If you have nothing, post nothing!

As I said, I might sound harsh, but I was expressing my views, not trying to be an asshole. But good luck with the mod anyway, and prepare for a lot of work. :)

Spankfurt
06-04-2008, 00:25
I just expressed my opinion, since when did that get illegal? And come on, "do it better yourself", how old are you?

I have nothing against you or your team, and if you really do finish this mod and make it look and play great, then great, but I really don't think you will. I'm not some kind of insecure boy that can't express himself in real life, and therefore say bad things to people on the internet to get at least a small bit of attention - no, I say this out of experience, because it's the truth. I have never heard of one single total conversion for morrowind or oblivion that has been even near completion.

So just a tip, never post something that you haven't done at all yourself, especially if the stuff you post is made by a big company like GW. If you have nothing, post nothing!

As I said, I might sound harsh, but I was expressing my views, not trying to be an asshole. But good luck with the mod anyway, and prepare for a lot of work. :)

+Rep for Zapp!

That's right. we have each others back. Because we go wayyy back.

Spankfurt
06-04-2008, 00:58
wayyyyy back.

MxTach
06-30-2008, 21:48
Yeah, this is the mod team im with. Its making some real decent progress, so if anyone fancies joining, leave a topic!

Revan-Shan
07-01-2008, 19:33
All heil to the modding community, to the gaming community, and to all the sagas' community!

We are know in the era of modding.

MERP
Warhammer Oblivion
Dune
-
WTW
Third Age Total War
Stainless Steel
Broken Crescent
Portvcale
-
SW Battlefront 2 unofficial patch 2.5