PDA

View Full Version : Word from Bwian?

xnajx
05-23-2008, 02:36
Hey there everyone! Well, I know I'm new here but me and my entire family surprisingly have been keeping our eyes on this mod for a little more than a year now. We all play Warhammer and well read, play, do anything warhammer and to be honest, we're just a big house of wargamers. I've been doing alot of looking around the forums, and all I've come to realize is that the mod is still in full swing, doing great and loving the Screenshots (thanks Bwain ^_^), but I've also found out that Bwain is going through some pretty rough times, which ofcourse would hold the mod back from release. I suppose with such anticipation for this mod to be released I guess I'm going to ask the same question we all ask ourselves, well many actually, mainly, is Bwain okay? Does anyone know if he's alright? I know he's the main leader of this mod and it all relys on him, and funny enough we rely on him. So all I guess I'm saying it I hope you're doing okay Bwain! Me and my family are praying for you and the mod, hope you're doing okay ^^

XnajX

Eufarius
05-23-2008, 19:01
You've answered the question yourself.
BTW Welcome to the forums sir.:2thumbsup:

Revan-Shan
05-23-2008, 20:58
One thing is true, there hasn't been a new eye candy thread for a long time. Perhaps the mod team is progressing but we can't know it. I'm too a great fan of Warhammer and if this mod is finished it would be my favourite, even better than Stainless Steel, Broken Crescent and Portvcale.

Spankfurt
05-24-2008, 01:42
Bwian IS my eye-candy...... Yeah, I have him on msn.

eggthief
05-24-2008, 10:27
Bwian IS my eye-candy......

U have no idea how perverted that sounds :inquisitive:

fireblade
05-25-2008, 07:44
Only two weeks ago a screenshot was placed in the dark elfs topic, showing us some warriors.

So, don't doubt it, they are making progress

Zapp
05-25-2008, 10:32
U have no idea how perverted that sounds :inquisitive:
I actually think he has :)

Lordy
05-25-2008, 14:58
Only two weeks ago a screenshot was placed in the dark elfs topic, showing us some warriors.

So, don't doubt it, they are making progress

The truth is all this mod has left are 2 awesome designers (Krazy and Allentun) as far as im aware neither of those can edit the game's mechanics, so without Bwian there can be no mod.

And to complete the mod anyway there would have to be more Designers as Krazy and Allentun can't make every unit between them it would take years.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Raz
05-26-2008, 11:23
Well how long do think EB took before it released version 1.0? YEARS! :laugh4:

eggthief
05-26-2008, 20:43
Well I think that EB was harder to create than this one, no offence tho this one must be hard as hell as well and Raz please dont rant on me again, it makes me feel guilty.

Rogu3granny
05-28-2008, 06:30
I have to agree, Bwian used to keep the fans updated about once every three weeks with some juicy screenshots or some hot production work but now nothing, his last post was about 6 months ago and since then i think there might of been 2 screen shots form the other guys.
Really is a pity as i had big hope for this one and it looked sure to win a modders prize but it just seems that the interest isn't there any more :no:

A Norseman
05-28-2008, 12:15
What suprises me is that there have been absolutly no words from him? Why do he not at the least explain why he is gone, He has youst.. Dissapeared. Could be dead.. who knows?

alexader
05-28-2008, 20:12
yeah,just the same!!a simple word!!!but still nothing!!!

eggthief
05-28-2008, 22:53
What suprises me is that there have been absolutly no words from him? Why do he not at the least explain why he is gone, He has youst.. Dissapeared. Could be dead.. who knows?

Maybe he got gangraped and has to undergo surgery on his anus, I sure as hell wouldnt want to tell people that I dont know about an experience like that.

Solus
05-29-2008, 07:36
Maybe he got gangraped and has to undergo surgery on his anus, I sure as hell wouldnt want to tell people that I dont know about an experience like that.Shut up, or we will take turns beating you with a rolled newspaper:smash:

eggthief
05-29-2008, 11:30
Shut up, or we will take turns beating you with a rolled newspaper:smash:

easy man, im just imagining a possibly situation. I dont want your newspaper against me or a rant of Raz.

Raz
05-31-2008, 12:33
Maybe he got gangraped and has to undergo surgery on his anus, I sure as hell wouldnt want to tell people that I dont know about an experience like that.
Gangraped? Please people, let's be realistic here. Clearly Bwian has been abducted by aliens through something traumatic enough to stop him visiting the org. Maybe he has had internet connection troubles, but let's not go saying things that clearly have happened aren't true.

Maybe we should all send "Get Well Soon" postcards to him, even if he's been to the electric chair just gone on a holiday. Who knows, he may just turn up in the letterbox tomorrow and give us a total update of the entire mod.

Ticu
06-02-2008, 07:20
Well, I have just discovered this mod (yeah, I'm slow :P), and I have to say it's the nicest looking one for M2TW so far. Keep up the good work guys.

Enthes
06-05-2008, 14:36
This thread makes me chuckle :yes:

link it to bwien whoever has his msn maybe hell will post :egypt:

Spankfurt
06-05-2008, 22:42
the thing is, no one does.

If we did, we would have whipped him into working by now :(

Bwian
06-06-2008, 10:44
Yup ... you are right, no one links it to me.

Just a brief pop in to say a few things, and update the faithful.

1) Eggthief...you are an arse of the highest order. Grow a brain, then learn some wit. I won't miss you at all.

2) Alletun and Krazysigmarite should have received a PM with a link to the current complete content of the mod. It's all there to be downloaded so the mod has a chance to carry on.

3) I am giving up modding.

Not an easy choice to make, but a necessary one. I have a busy job, and a family who I have spent far less time with than I should. This was really brought home to me when my father was taken very ill recently, and for a period of time, things looked bleak. Running a mod is a time consuming thing, and even contributing takes hours of work. For those of you who CAN mod, you know what I mean. For those who cannot, you will never know how many hours of work go into every model, every texture and every bit of animation, scripting and designing.

On top of that, I am suffering the after effects of an RTA a couple of years back that nearly put an end to my modding career them and there. Ongoing treatment for that has has left me struggling with fine motor control in my 'mouse hand' and considerable discomfort if I spend more than a short while on a pc. It is getting worse with time, not better.

So, it is time to hang up my hat. Been fun, but all things come to an end.

Subedei
06-06-2008, 13:47
:bow: Take good care Bwian. I always enjoyed looking at the progression of your work. Very good material in deed. Anyways: I think your choice is a good one. Best wishes, Sub

Alletun
06-06-2008, 18:53
PM received and data downloaded. Gonna have a look at it tonight.

Given your situation this is definitely the right decision to make. I really wish you the best of luck in the future, and who knows, maybe one day you can play this mod and know you started it all :)

Taranaich
06-06-2008, 18:55
Although you were obviously instrumental in the mod, I have faith that Alletun, Krazysigmarite & all have the chops to keep the mod going. At least now us laymen know what's going on, and the silly speculation & scaremongering can stop.

Anyway, best of luck to you and yours, Bwian. It's a shame you've had to make this decision, but family, work and personal health come first. If nothing else, from the comparatively short time I've been on the site, it's clear to me you've been a top member of the mod community, and your seat in Modder's Valhalla is reserved!

Severe
06-06-2008, 19:45
Too bad, I liked your work and it is always unfortunate to lack a person capable of the more intricate work on a mod. Well, I have confidence this will be a worthwhile mod nonetheless.

Good Luck with everything.

Eufarius
06-07-2008, 00:31
Bwian thnx for the news family always comes first, may dad feel better.
take care m8.

Spankfurt
06-07-2008, 02:46
PM received and data downloaded. Gonna have a look at it tonight.

Given your situation this is definitely the right decision to make. I really wish you the best of luck in the future, and who knows, maybe one day you can play this mod and know you started it all :)

Best post yet.

Warhammer mods always were tragic :(

alexader
06-08-2008, 14:10
farewell is the words that left to be said,farewell...:egypt:

ellydog
06-09-2008, 08:05
Been a pleasure getting updates and the eye candy, so thanks. And best of luck with the real world.

Enthes
06-09-2008, 22:30
sorry to hear that but at least its an update :clown:

Dead Guy
06-10-2008, 10:03
Thanks for your impressive work and your unselfish efforts to bring warhammer lovers a true representation of their hobby in computer game form! I hope your work will be well taken care of, and I think it's left in good, able hands.

Cheers
:skull:

Casuir
06-10-2008, 21:26
Sorry to hear about your troubles Bwian, hope everything works out ok for you.

DaCrAzYmOfO
06-11-2008, 07:19
Good luck to you lad, hope everything turns out for the better.

Myrddraal
06-14-2008, 18:09
I sincerely hope that wasn't a farewell...

I haven't been modding for months now, maybe even over a year. Just because you stop modding doesn't mean you have an excuse to go off radar Bwain, I won't let you get away that easily.

Stick around for the banter.