PDA

View Full Version : AI problem - gateways and walls

Thor the Bassist
05-28-2008, 13:03
So I'm still working on the Helm's Deep set.

It's almost working - both the gateway and the walls are fully assaultable. The problem is that when the troops scale the walls or batter down the gate they dont run through the gateway or off the walls to the capture location they just sit there.

I've made all the walls and collision files myself so this could be the problem. I was wondering if anyone knows a fix or has some info on how the AI works in this situation?

anelious phyros
05-28-2008, 14:54
I don't know really, but I have a lot of the some problems when doing a custom battle seige. I didn't even touch anything and they were already doing weird stuff. If no comes to you're rescue you might want to ask a modder on a Modification team. LIke RTR, EB, etc. But i'm pretty sure somebody will be able to help you.

Makanyane
05-28-2008, 17:44
could try asking but I don't think EB or RTR actually did as much on walls / buildings as Thor himself has. Blue Lotus and Chivalry Total War I think did more in that direction unfortunately Hoggy and Drak who I think did the work have been missing from the forums for some time... SigniferOne (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=2515) is only person I can think of who was involved in settlement modding - is still sort of around - and might be worth a prod by pm as I think he's lurking in the M2 sections more than here.

Thor the Bassist
05-28-2008, 20:02
Thanks I talked to Drak a while back when I was having other problems and he said he actually did nothing to change the walls other than re-making the models. I'll ask Signifer and Hoggy.

I was wondering how the AI works aswell because I dont really understand that side of things. Can I use a command in RomeShell to get it to tell me what commands the computer gives. Its really strange because when you normally attack a gateway the troops automatically charge in after the gate is knocked down but with my new gateway they just line up outside. This happens both when its AI and human controlled so would point to something missing in the building info not something missing in the commands. Hmmm... this is really bugging me. I'll try a building entry point in the gateway though I always thought that was for getting onto walls...

EDIT: It seems I'm getting confused over my own work. I haven't made the info file myself so it cannot be this as its just taken straight from a vanilla gateway. How confusing.

Thor the Bassist
05-30-2008, 22:05
After further testing it seems the problem is the ai commands/scripting stops. As soon as the gate is broken down the ladders which are being raised stop and hang in mid air and all units stop dead. I know from previous experience that as soon as the gate is broken down all units are told to attack the gate but it seems this command is either given but the troops dont know how to get to the gate or the whole ai command system crashes. If anyone know anything about ai commands that are given and how I can monitor this (RomeShell?) please post.