PDA

View Full Version : "Smackus Maximus"

Quintus.JC
06-01-2008, 14:41
Just wandering if anyone else has red the "Smackus Maximus" (http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/rome-total-war/551582p1.html) guide before, I first encountered this guide before I knew this place (the .org) even existed, and this guide has transformed the way I play Total War games ever since. Does the guy who wrote it belong to this forum? It's a great guide! :yes:

Ludens
06-01-2008, 20:37
Yeah, it was one of the first things linked in the guide forum. I prefer Froggy's guides, though.

As far as I know, there are no internet celebrities (or celebrities of any kind) on the Org, apart from modding celebrity Vercingetorix, off course ~:) . There is no Fargo-account either. However, it's quite possible he or other Gamespy members are here anonymously.

georgeman51
06-01-2008, 21:38
I don't really like hes guide i like frogs better :no: :whip:

El Diablo
06-02-2008, 01:32
I think that they are both brilliant guides.

Froggys tells you how the game works and gives you very handy hints, whilst Smackus's guide is more a stratagy to win.

Read together they give a newbie a great start on the in-and-outs of the game. I would recommend to any starting player reading Froggys first to understand the basics and Smackus to get your campaign going.

Both of them put a huge amount of work for those guides and they should both be commended.

Hey my 2c

Byblos
06-05-2008, 11:29
I think that they are both brilliant guides.

Froggys tells you how the game works and gives you very handy hints, whilst Smackus's guide is more a stratagy to win.

Read together they give a newbie a great start on the in-and-outs of the game. I would recommend to any starting player reading Froggys first to understand the basics and Smackus to get your campaign going.

Both of them put a huge amount of work for those guides and they should both be commended.

Hey my 2c

Exactly. Botha re excellent. Its like flipping a coin to see which account is best as imo they are both equally good.