PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment with second type of goberment

The Caristian
06-08-2008, 21:33
Hi there.

I´m in my empirote campaign and I have this problem. I´ve conquered the land from the Po river to Damascos and from the Getai land to Alexandria. But in some places like Italy I can recruit far less troops (actually I can´t recruit no proper unit north of Capua, only auxiliars) than in Snope for example. I wanted to know if its a bug or if that way, Because I thought that in areas with subjugations available more fations troops could be recruited than local ones.

I want to thank to the people who helped me with my former problem. It was solved with the EB1.1.

Fish-got-a-Sniper
06-08-2008, 22:11
The Epeirote recruitment in Italy is really screwy. I don't think they can recruit any faction units in Italy outside of Magna Graecia.

Strategos Alexandros
06-09-2008, 15:35
Yeah, in Italy you're best building level 3 and 4 governments and local mics.

konny
06-09-2008, 15:46
I don't think they can recruit any faction units in Italy outside of Magna Graecia.

What isn't to strange taking into account that their factionals are usually Greeks

The Caristian
06-11-2008, 18:25
So its not a bug. Ok then I wont be worried.

By the way I can recruit en the magana grecia some units like phalangitai deuteroi or thureoporoi. But in the other only rooari or hastati. By it doesnt matter if its not a bug. Thanks

Ludens
06-12-2008, 14:21
No, it's not a bug. In EB, the units you can recruit in a province are determined by the province culture. Southern Italy is mostly Greek, so you can recruit Greek units alongside the locals there. If you go further north, you enter the Latin zone, where you find Roman units.