PDA

View Full Version : The mod will continue.

Krazysigmarite
06-11-2008, 02:38
Bwain, thank you for everything you've done for both the warhammer mod and the modding community. It's totally understandable that you simply don't have the time for the hobby anymore, and I wish you the best of luck with all things.

As for the Warhammer mod, work WILL continue on it. The mod is not dead, there just may be a change in the leadership. Alletun and I will make a decision on what to do next--but keep up hope. Warhammer II: Total War will continue!

Thanks everyone for your support thus far, and expect some fresh screenshots soon enough.

-Krazysigmarite ~:cheers:

Taranaich
06-11-2008, 06:06
I never doubted it: even without Bwian, the mod has some exceptional modelers in Casuir, Alletun and yourself, which are obviously important to the mod.

Best of luck lads!

Solus
06-11-2008, 15:51
Yeah, I knew the mod would survive, a project like this won't die so easile many, many thanks to Bwian, who took this mod to point wehere it is now (and I think that was a lot of work)

Maybe you should post the new teamroster, Krazysigmarite, to avoid confusion. Great that you and Alletun keep the mod going, kudos for both of you!:beam:

essi2
06-11-2008, 22:40
Good to hear that the modding will continue even though bwian has left the team:yes:

Born in lust for blood
06-12-2008, 01:31
Good to know that you are back in business. Wish you all the best.;)

Anarion
06-12-2008, 17:11
Thank you so much for keeping this mod updated and alive!
thought.. sad about bwian, understand him thou.

DrZoidberg
06-12-2008, 18:25
I've got a tonne of unit cards I've written. Who do I send them to now? I was/am the official unit card writer.

Spankfurt
06-12-2008, 20:49
You should get Zapp. That guys is a class act.

BUt srsly. I'm going to need some other hero to read my bed time stories and tuck me in at night now that Bwians gone :(

Enthes
06-12-2008, 23:49
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

gd news :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

fireblade
06-13-2008, 09:05
I believe in the fact that you guys will be able to complete the long journey you embarked upon.

And Godspeed Bwain, you will not be forgotten.

Pantsalot
06-13-2008, 18:09
You should get Zapp. That guys is a class act.

Even though he was the head-modder of the first warhammer total war mod, Zapp has not
been too interested in joining it seems, although showing support commonly it seems.

& tyvm for continueing the mod guys, I'm sure every1 (including me ofc) understand y Bwian left
although it's a pity that we couldn't experience anymore of his models including that chariot.. :shame:

Solus
06-14-2008, 07:36
it's a pity that we couldn't experience anymore of his models including that chariot.. :shame:
If I'm correctly the chariot was near-completion, which means that someone, of the team can do the final tweaks nd stuff to make it work, I think the chariot will be he his last model, which means that that will also his greatest model. But just w8, time will tell.

Enthes
06-19-2008, 20:10
atually i remeber he offered to help a while ago maybe we should leave it to him :laugh4:

Spankfurt
06-27-2008, 06:37
Make the mod guys :(

GOGO RUSHRUSH!

Zapp
06-27-2008, 11:48
Even though he was the head-modder of the first warhammer total war mod, Zapp has not
been too interested in joining it seems, although showing support commonly it seems.

Acutally, I was never any kind of "head-modder". I was not a good modder either :P I'm not that now either, but I'm of course a lot better at least.

And I did ask to join this mod too, but they didn't need more artists at that time, and now that I'm working with the Dominion of the Sword mod, I won't have time anymore. I must admit though, it would have been fun to work in a warhammer mod again.

Pantsalot
08-12-2008, 14:06
This mod is die-ing brutally, there used to be a post everyday whether by just a player
or by the team but now it's nearly been & month & there's barely been 3 posts..
The entire modding team better be on holiday atm becuz this is not a gd sign

Spankfurt
08-12-2008, 17:46
You really do type like a Scottsman would speak. This is unnacceptable.

Krazysigmarite
08-12-2008, 21:18
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

THE SKY IS FALLING AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Seriously. We're not a paid dev. team. Have some patience.

Alletun
08-13-2008, 08:07
Alright if your dying for an update ... i dont generally shows WIP's ...

Orc head now with a detailed normal-map

https://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3347/33593097jf8.jpg

Crian
08-13-2008, 12:37
Wow! Wait a second, that's too detailed for ingame, are you gonna use that for faction portraits for example? Or animated CGI videos?

Alletun
08-13-2008, 12:49
that's too detailed for ingame

Actually it isn't. The details lie with the normal map which the engine supports, but CA dont utilize very well. The polycount for that orc head will be only slightly higher than an average vanilla head.
Ofcourse the lowpoly one wont look just as smooth as this one around the edges, but close.

are you gonna use that for faction portraits for example?
yes

Or animated CGI videos?
maybe ... i guess you'll just have to wait and see ~;)

Slanted
08-13-2008, 14:28
Gah more teases. Well with all this stuff it will truely be epic. Though we are not asking for updates every day just every couple of weeks and replies every now and again.

Revan-Shan
08-13-2008, 18:30
Excellent!

+ Yes, as Slanted said, we want more! at least 5 pics...

No, better that pics and quicker, tell us Alletun, what is the progress? You know, x units done, x% of the faction, campaign map...

Ertai
08-14-2008, 09:15
Lot of Warhammer fans, here in Cracow is waiting to play this mod!
Godspeed! =]

Spankfurt
08-15-2008, 00:06
HOLSHTYHTIFFSJKWATTTTTT

<3

Axalon
08-15-2008, 09:08
For what it’s worth guys; I won’t offer any help or anything. But if you do finish this project, I will play it. That’s promise!

- Cheers

Pantsalot
08-15-2008, 12:57
Well that pick sure is a moral booster for the spectators :2thumbsup:
Although I was just questioning this fact becuz everything was happening
far quicker b4. Would be gd if u could give us some sort of weekly update
of what u have done..

You really do type like a Scottsman would speak. This is unnacceptable.

What's wrong with speaking like a Scotsman? U planning on ethnically cleansing the forum
of all Scots? btw I watched too much American TV as a kid so I ended up picking up the American
accent & strangely it's spelling, although I'm being told off for doing so now.

So blame the way I type on US speaking! [The citizens motto: BLAME AMERICA]

Crian
08-15-2008, 23:11
Actually it isn't. The details lie with the normal map which the engine supports, but CA dont utilize very well. The polycount for that orc head will be only slightly higher than an average vanilla head. Ofcourse the lowpoly one wont look just as smooth as this one around the edges, but close.

The engine supports normal maps? Hmmm that's interesting. Have you tried it and it works??!

Can you show us the difference in-game between a regular orc and this high-detail one? *cough* screenshot *cough* :beam:

Zapp
08-16-2008, 15:54
The engine supports normal maps? Hmmm that's interesting. Have you tried it and it works??!

Can you show us the difference in-game between a regular orc and this high-detail one? *cough* screenshot *cough* :beam:

All (a lot at least) models in the game have normal maps, even though they are often quite mediocre.

Crian
08-17-2008, 05:43
All (a lot at least) models in the game have normal maps, even though they are often quite mediocre.

Really? I see, it was hard to tell, they all seemed... well, mediocre like you said. I can't wait to see what Alletun manages to accomplish with this. :2thumbsup:

essi2
08-18-2008, 14:56
good to see this mod is still active:beam:

errrrrrrrrframbo
08-18-2008, 20:55
cool work done in here for these mod is good that its continues alive can wait to play:2thumbsup: hope it looks as cool as it really is:beam:

Tex3393
08-26-2008, 03:33
I've always wanted to slaughter and destroy with an unstopabel orc horde.Brettonia or bust!