PDA

View Full Version : Diplomatic problems

IrishBoy
06-22-2008, 10:49
I've been playing M2TW for a long time now and I'm still having problems with Diplomacy.:wall: The first thing I'd like to bring to your attention is "accept or we will attack". Has this ever worked for anyone? If it has please post back because I'm sure there's a lot of people who would like to know how to use it. Feel free to post different queries on diplomacy as well.:egypt: Come on people!I'm sure someone knows the answer.:egypt:

FactionHeir
06-22-2008, 13:37
Please do not spam.

Posts merged

Regarding the question, yes it does work, but has only a very minor effect. Requires you to have a lot more military, and have a high frontline balance. Not worth more than maybe 300 florins at best.

Jedi Bruno
06-23-2008, 17:51
It never worked well for me... But I usually attack them anyway so it is not it would matter something...:laugh4:

IrishBoy
06-24-2008, 16:07
The only reason I can see for it, is if you're very desperate for money.

PBI
06-24-2008, 19:10
That's the only time I ever see it used, the AI sometimes tries to extort money with "Accept or we will attack", usually for some piddling amount like 100 florins or so. No idea if it actually does then attack or not.

In terms of using it myself, I've never seen it work. The conditions for it to work seem overly convoluted for such a low-value option.

G^2
06-24-2008, 21:38
I don't think I ever even tried to use that option, its better to simply invade or try to buy up provinces. As far as diplomacy goes I wish there was a "get off my land or else," option. Other than that most of diplomacy seems to work fine if you have a good rep. In SS I even had the Moores attack the Spainish in exchange for a ceasefire. Like everyone else though, never saw the "accept or we'll attack option," work.

Delwack
06-28-2008, 12:20
I use it simply for my own entertainment to justify to myself why I need to attack my next door neighbor. At least I told them straight out about it. I'm not sure exactly how such statements affect your reputation (for making the demand first of all, and secondly) if you carry or do not carry out your attack, and thus I do not know the net results of attacking a neutral faction by 'fulfilling' your promise to attack after they deny an 'accept or we will attack' ultimatum.

ArtistofWarfare
07-08-2008, 01:46
I would imagine the AI does not do this, but I figured I'd ask anyway- has anyone ever used accept or we will attack, had the AI turn down the offer...and then actually see the AI prepare for the attack you threatened?

It would make sense that if you're literally threatening another faction, they would begin to prepare to invade you, or to defend themselves against your attack.

Nebuchadnezzar
07-08-2008, 03:18
lol... AI prepare......so funny.

I did see AI use it on me a few times. Whether I pay or don't it seems to attack same turn regardless. Seems an almost useless feature but maybe someone else has discovered a use for it.

CavalryCmdr
07-08-2008, 04:06
This option is virtually ignored in vanilla AI, however modding it in is fairly easy and effective both for the AI's use and reaction to humans use.