PDA

View Full Version : Kingdoms: Americas Campaign - Inca Campaign?

Noncommunist
06-27-2008, 22:34
A little more than a week ago, I went to Peru on a mission trip, I brought, "The Last of the Incas' with me and while my group was in Peru, I read through it. It seemed to be a great book for the most part and I thought it would be neat to play a Total War game of it. Although this topic might be better in the Mod section, I just would like some ideas on how a version of it would go.

Some of my ideas on a how a Incan Campaign would include Francisco Pizarro, Diego Almagro, and Charles V as three spanish factions since Pizarro and Almagro even had a battle against each other. Also, Charles V could be a pope like faction that has little actual units but gives missions and comes up with the provinces that the other two spanish players are supposed to govern. Perhaps an army could be sent from Spain occasionally to put Peru under the rule of a trusted governor rather than Almagro or Pizarro

The Inca players would be Altahualpa and Huascar and there could be a mechanism that could easily allow vassal states when the Emperor dies or is captured as Manco became the vassal king who eventually rebelled. Also, maybe some other mechanism that would allow the Spanish to get a puppet ruler in case the other ruler tries to go independent.

For the non-inca or spanish, the Antis which were tribes in the Amazon could exist as well as the tribes in Columbia and Chile which were hard to remove and it took the Spanish a bit longer to conquer them.

Those are my ideas, do you have any better or ideas that I didn't mention?