PDA

View Full Version : How do I change the value for tax and farming income?

guineawolf
07-11-2008, 04:41
How do i change the value for tax and farming income?

it is how i got that thought,i

the city with:
400 populations=got 100 tax income

but city like Carthage got more than 40,000 populations got only maximum 2000 tax income,it is not fair,it's tax income should be at least 5000 denarii.

then that will make building farm far more valuable,seems building farm mean increase your populations=increase tax income.

This will make city got huge populations like Carthage very important to protect(strategicly),even barbarian city got high populations can get high income from it!
Then the extermination tactic for barbarians to civilized factions's cities will done great damage to civilized factions's economy?prove to be effective tactics!

RLucid
07-12-2008, 16:52
The tax income is dependent on the tax rate you set, higher rates reduce population happiness. You need to look in the details screen to see it rise, larger cities often appear less profitable as they pay more army upkeep costs.

To increase Farm income, either build upgrades (may be cause of regret later in game) or have Governors with good farming traits and priest retainers who improve harvests. Temples may be built to increase farm production, and later changed when population grown, and anti-corruption temples preferable.

guineawolf
07-13-2008, 05:17
no,what i want is to change the base value of tax income in the file,but i just dun no where to change it....:help:

higher populations get higher tax income,make it worth to maintain the garrisons cost for city got huge populations like Carthage=40000 populations.....

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-13-2008, 07:40
Welcome back guineawolf ~:wave:
I'm not too sure, but I wasn't aware that there was a cap for taxation. If there is, from what I can gather, I believe it may be hardcoded.

Moved to Modding Questions BTW :burnout:

guineawolf
07-13-2008, 08:13
i just check out the descr_regions file.......

Tribus_Silurii
Deva
britons
Silures
41 232 63
gold, slaves, tin, lead, dogs, pigs

what is the 0 value represent?

:help:

Squid
07-14-2008, 16:00
Look at the top of the file, it tells you what all the lines mean.

guineawolf
07-19-2008, 09:02
my file didn't ,but thanks anyway:yes:

Squid
07-21-2008, 16:46
Then look at the top of the vanilla one, it has the information.