PDA

View Full Version : use ur own units as ur own assasin's target practice?

KingKnudthebloodthirsty
07-13-2008, 05:20
couple days ago, i thought i saw somewhere that u can assasinate ur own units which is good if theyre disloyal. but i hadnt played for a while. in my egyptian campaign, im trying to get the hashashim guild and i was thinking if i could produce a cheap useless unit and use it as target practice for my assasins. is it possible? i believe 6 assasinations are needed to get the guild since each assasination yields 25 guild points according to daveybaby's guide

Galain_Ironhide
07-13-2008, 07:22
To my knowledge unfortunately you can not assassinate your own units in M2TW like you can do in the original MTW.

It could have been a great part of the game had they decided to include it, such as being able to play family politics, getting rid of certain unloyal subjects, etc,etc

KingKnudthebloodthirsty
07-13-2008, 08:11
Yeah CA has gotten very unrealistic in creating this game. Besides the assasins, CA made the Mongols muslim, when in real life, the mongols were fiercely antiMuslim. IN history during one of the later crusades, sixth or seventh i cant remeber, they even provided supplies to the Crusaders to help them defeat the muslims. And of their more disgusting and cruel actions against muslims is that some time after they took Samarkand, they captured a high ranking muslim governor and dumped HOOOOOOT melted silver into his eyes and ears. That's what i remeber from watching the History Channel. The mongols hate msulims more than any1 else and yet in the game, they are msulim. ANother one i believe is unrealistic: did princesses ever did diploamacy in history? As far as i know, they just sit around the castle until the king decides to marry her off.

Empirate
07-15-2008, 12:22
Actually, the Mongols were usually pretty tolerant about religion. They were eclectics, borrowing bits and pieces of other religions as well as other cultural elements. The IlKhanate in modern-day Iran DID adopt Islam, though, and those guys grew devout enough over time. History Channel doesn't teach you everything.

Old Geezer
07-15-2008, 13:19
This is the feature I miss the most, especially when playing as the Italians and Byzantines. (Imagine a "smiley sad face" because amongst all the numerous smiley on this forum I couldn't find one. I must be getting dementia. Maybe if I looked a third time......)

The Dread Pirate Roberts
07-18-2008, 03:34
:cry: Nope I can't find one either.

phonicsmonkey
07-21-2008, 08:59
the best way I've found to train up assassins is to leave a small rebel stack sitting somewhere convenient and then use it for target practice - even if it's just one unit, that's 100+ assassinations your guys can carry out, maxing them out pretty quickly - you can get eight assassins around one rebel stack if it's situated nicely

Uunts - a proud Estonian rebel
07-21-2008, 11:51
Princesses making diplomacy!? Havent you seen "Breaveheart," Mel Gibson and the stunning french princess, making peace with Scotland and England. Actually the past has seen other diplomacy too involved with princesses.. =D

KingKnudthebloodthirsty
07-21-2008, 12:50
how do u get a rebel stack to a place of ur convenience? Leave a unit or two outside a city and wait for them to be disloyal and become rebel? I believe that takes too long.or u can deliberately lower a general's loyalty? But how do u do that in a few short turns?

Btw, ur right about the princess diplomacy thing. i saw it on some sources. But marriage alliances r more commonly talked about and used than diplomacy.

Eikon the Magistrate
07-21-2008, 17:45
how do u get a rebel stack to a place of ur convenience? Leave a unit or two outside a city and wait for them to be disloyal and become rebel? I believe that takes too long.or u can deliberately lower a general's loyalty? But how do u do that in a few short turns?

You can wait for 1 to appear and then herd it about like sheep by attacking with an overwhelming advantage.

phonicsmonkey
07-22-2008, 04:32
You can wait for 1 to appear and then herd it about like sheep by attacking with an overwhelming advantage.

Exactly - find one in your lands somewhere. If it isn't in the spot you want it, attack it from the opposite direction with a much larger stack so that it retreats where you want it.

KingKnudthebloodthirsty
07-22-2008, 06:17
wat happens if u put a unit or 2 to a faraway place such as Rhodes or durrazo but never siege the rebel cities, playin as Egypt that is, :egypt: will the units u sent rebel quickly. its no matter to me if thats the case since my assasins could board the ships and go to the faraway with them. this is my first time playin as egypt so im inexperienced with it but some1 told me that North Africa is full of rebel stacks and hereticswanderin around. but none of the rebel armies so far never entered my Line of sight (im on turn 5) even though 2 heretics have already been spotted. Perhaps i should build plenty of watch towers around my vast provinces to find my enemies. im pretty much a noob and i have really little time to play. barely any over the summer.

phonicsmonkey
07-22-2008, 07:40
I'm not sure how to tell how quickly your own units will rebel if you send them far away..maybe someone else here with a good grip on those game mechanics will be able to help you with that.

what you could do, to save time, is open the console using the ` key, type toggle_fow and hit enter, and the whole campaign map will be visible to you - that way you can see where the closest rebel stack is..I'd be surprised if there wasn't one nearby to you, unless you've been super diligent at wiping them out..

just do the same thing again to toggle the fog of war back on..