PDA

View Full Version : in anticipation of Augustan Reforms...

spqr_arcani
07-16-2008, 06:26
**POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT**

###################################

So last night I finally got my Marian Reforms.

To avoid it taking as long as Marian Reforms, I want to do everything
possible so that I can get Augustan at the earliest allowable year.

One character trait needed for my Augustus character is
"at least arrogans".

I was wondering what other traits are "at least arrogans"?

EDIT:
It looks like "insolens" is another trait that can be considered "at least arrogans",
however correct me if I'm wrong.

Another trait is that the character be "an expert recruiter".
None of my characters has that.
Should I groom my character by putting him in a city and recruit troops in that city at every turn?

polluxlm
07-16-2008, 06:28
When 110 BC started approaching several characters seemed to pop up with the necessary traits. The reforms happened immediately when the year arrived.

Don't know if that is the norm though.

To get the Marians I just used FD to make the big states protectorates. That way you got 90 provinces.

||Lz3||
07-16-2008, 06:33
in which year are you?

I really hope that you can get past till the end of the game...if that's your goal :yes:

spqr_arcani
07-16-2008, 06:35
in which year are you?

I really hope that you can get past till the end of the game...if that's your goal :yes:

Thanks ||Lz3|| !
It's 138 BC now and I know I'm running behind.

EB is a great mod, and I'd like to enjoy as much as I can before 66 BC arrives,
cause that's always been the party pooper in my experience.

||Lz3||
07-16-2008, 06:41
there are 2 confirmed stories of having past 66 bc but I think that in both of them there was only 1 roman faction left... , it hasn't been prooved with more of them

spqr_arcani
07-16-2008, 06:48
there are 2 confirmed stories of having past 66 bc but I think that in both of them there was only 1 roman faction left... , it hasn't been prooved with more of them

That's what I'm worried about.
And you do mean that if I'm Romani, then I have to be the only one left, correct?
Not me and another roman faction, right?

I heard (maybe from you?) that Arche Seleukeia is one of the roman factions.
It's going to be extremely difficult for me to conquer them all by 66 BC.

I have spies scouting the map (see, I really try to avoid cheats) and Sabyn and
Arche Seleukeia still around. I think Baktria, Pahlava, and Hayasdan were all
swallowed by AS.

Of course, there might be some cheats available around this, but still...

||Lz3||
07-16-2008, 06:54
no, romani internal name is Seleucid

the 4 roman factions are
AS
Hayasdan
Baktria
Sabyn

however as I said I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that if the 4 roman factions were controlled by the AI ,they wont go to war with each other, however I can't confirm that :sweatdrop:

EDIT: I'm pretty sure too that since you're not interfering with the AI , three of the 4 will be most likely destroyed by 66bc... that's what usually happens

spqr_arcani
07-16-2008, 07:05

the 4 roman factions are
AS
Hayasdan
Baktria
Sabyn

however as I said I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that if the 4 roman factions were controlled by the AI ,they wont go to war with each other, however I can't confirm that :sweatdrop:

EDIT: I'm pretty sure too that since you're not interfering with the AI , e of the 4 will be most likely destroyed by 66bc... that's what usually happens

Well, according to you, maybe in my case I'm down to 2 roman factions, and
I now have to concentrate on eliminating only one more.
*Knock on wood*

With what you're telling me, I have three choices:

1. Pray that AI destroys Sabyn

2. Go head on vs AS and force the way to destroy Sabyn, while dealing with
endless Seleukid stacks in perpetuity. :wall:

3. As a possible alternative, sending cohort marines to make sure Sabyn
is destroyed without securing Anatolia first will prove to be quite frustrating, I'm sure. :laugh4:

||Lz3||
07-16-2008, 07:14
take a look at this

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=101213&page=4

notice that saba (or something) is alive in arabia , I'm not sure what it is...emm... help EB members :sweatdrop:

QuintusSertorius
07-16-2008, 10:13

the 4 roman factions are
AS
Hayasdan
Baktria
Sabyn

Uh, I've seen all of them quite regularly go to war. Sab'yn and AS/Baktria and AS especially. In my current game AS are at war with the Sab'yn, Baktria and Hayasdan.

||Lz3||
07-16-2008, 20:04
Uh, I've seen all of them quite regularly go to war. Sab'yn and AS/Baktria and AS especially. In my current game AS are at war with the Sab'yn, Baktria and Hayasdan.

I'm refering at 66 bc , where...emm they all go to war with each other... or only with the human roman player... but since there's no human player they wont go to war with anyone...emm something like that ,I'm pretty sure that you know how the civil war worked in vanilla RTW

that's why there's a chance that if you're not one of those factions its likely that you wont have the 66bc crash... but... I can't confirm that...yet :sweatdrop:

spqr_arcani
07-16-2008, 23:34
take a look at this

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=101213&page=4

notice that saba (or something) is alive in arabia , I'm not sure what it is...emm... help EB members :sweatdrop:

It looks from lord's AAR that he ran into a similar problem, although the year is 44BC.

I don't fully understand the mechanics of the 66 BC crash, but just another thing I've noticed:

- It seems to be based on number of years (maybe turns) from beginning of campaign.
In another mod, we tried the "AUC" trick (all years are positive, no BC) to try to fool
the RTW engine into not seeing the 66 BC event and CTD. No cigar.

- From lord's campaign map, it looks like the Sabyn and Baktria were still alive. No idea
what resource RTW is looking for that causes CTD.

Skandinav
08-31-2008, 02:51

I'm refering at 66 bc , where...emm they all go to war with each other... or only with the human roman player... but since there's no human player they wont go to war with anyone...emm something like that ,I'm pretty sure that you know how the civil war worked in vanilla RTW

that's why there's a chance that if you're not one of those factions its likely that you wont have the 66bc crash... but... I can't confirm that...yet :sweatdrop:

All factions are alive and I´ve passed 66 BC in my current Roman campaign without crashing nor having the "roman" factions declare war on one another.

||Lz3||
08-31-2008, 02:58
you mi friend... are... god... I bow to you :bow:

so you haven't disabled anything in the game? like client rulers? :beam:

now... that's great!! have fun conquering gaul !

Skandinav
09-01-2008, 05:17
You do me far too much honour friend as the godly intervention that has sustained ill fated AI factions is mere cheats but I am very glad that we do not have to destroy other factions to pass 66 BC with the Romans and no I haven´t disabled anything in the game.

And thank you, I´m having a great time in Gaul and by some luck have an excellent Caesar wannabe with unusually befitting picture, traits and age.