PDA

View Full Version : Scripting famous generals

ibleedgrenchese
07-20-2008, 18:04
I know the Eb team is all about making you write history yourself but what if they script generals and have we do as we like.

Imagine you as hannibal instead of going through spain to attack rome ride throught the desert to wage war of the Ptomely

Ceasar be the one to conqueror Makdeonia

Personally that would be cool to give your these generals at your finger tips and you do what you will at your disposal

Hax
07-20-2008, 18:27
No.

The EB team has said this numerous times. For God's sake, start reading some threads before you ask a question,

Ice
07-20-2008, 20:51
No.

The EB team has said this numerous times. For God's sake, start reading some threads before you ask a question,

Easy big fella

Hax
07-21-2008, 00:47
No mercy!

The souls of the wicked shall be burned in an holy fire!

/me goes paranoid

Tellos Athenaios
07-21-2008, 12:09
If I may ask; how is that [what the OP wants] different from say "pick that general you already have and make him the real deal" ? Just the pedigree of the name? In that case; that's completely against what EB is about as it would force us to exactly recreate circumstances (otherwise it ain't accurate, eh?) etc. etc. which means: 0 playable factions. Guess how much fun that'd be. :juggle:

Flying Pig
07-21-2008, 13:18
In Kingdoms I think the system works quite well, and is probably/possibly worth it in EB.. but then again - the script would be fiendishly complex to make sure the circumstances were good enough. Maybe just for the AI, it's a good idea.

Foot
07-21-2008, 13:47
There is no possible way its going to happen in EBII. I'm going to go add this to the FAQ, if it hasn't already been done.

Foot

Dumbass
07-21-2008, 19:57
If people want scripted invasions, then they'll just have to mod it in themselves. I believe QuintusSertorus tried to mod in the Hannibal invasion for EB1. Not sure if it's workable though.

overweightninja
07-21-2008, 23:04
If people want scripted invasions, then they'll just have to mod it in themselves. I believe QuintusSertorus tried to mod in the Hannibal invasion for EB1. Not sure if it's workable though.

Talk to Bryhnt, IIRC he's scripted in a load of stuff on his install...

Jolt
07-22-2008, 21:42
This issue is as stupid as Paradox's famous EU 2 Scripted (Historical) "Gold Inflation" and "Bankrupcy" events for Spain, which the both fired at given dates, regardless of cause-effect: former fired even if the Spanish didn't start the american colonization (No Incas/Aztecs = No Gold), and the latter fired even if Spain was the most prosperous and wealthy nation in the world.

General Appo
07-23-2008, 16:16
In Kingdoms I think the system works quite well, and is probably/possibly worth it in EB.. but then again - the script would be fiendishly complex to make sure the circumstances were good enough.

Remember, in Kingdoms all the "heroes" and stuff were already there when the campaign started or latered entered after events that occured outside of the map. EB already has loads of starting historical characters (think Pyrrhus, Ptolemaios, Scipio Asina, etc.) and we donĀ“t know the names of any Yuhezi generals, so... nope.